Question

Mods ... I have a question ... can you ban several people from a clan even if they are innocent without doing anything? It's already beginning to hear the rumors ... please answer me ... if you can...

Comments

• If there is no proof that every member scam, they won't ban a whole clan.. That'd be stupid anyway ^^

And they can't do anything with "rumors" but with strong evidence :)
  • they need some proof but idk, sometimes miracles happen.
  • Conventionally a mod would require strong evidence that every member banned from the clan was included in some punishable way to the incident to justify banning all clan members.

Theoretically it is indeed possible to ban an entire clan, though I doubt it would ever happen without sufficient evidence as I've explained above.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Maybe if There clan name is “we are scammers”
  • LateCom said:

unless they all share accounts and they trade cubits for outside items,
    other than that is highly unlikely

Well actually its still a case of proving ALL of them do it, and furthermore if all of them were, for example scamming then the outcome would be the same, as long as one could prove ALL our actively involved. The exception to that rule might be that while a select group of players in the clan (that is all swearing for example) are swearing, it is significantly less than the others and is only happening due to being peer pressured and continuously persuaded by the more at fault clan members. If that happened to perhaps a more ethically vulnerable group of younger players, I could see a possible exception in their case. That is of course just a possibility I thought up, I couldn't actually tell how the staff themselves would deal with such a issue.

The point is that the only REAL difference being in the same clan would make is if they were harassing one to do it to such an extent it would relieve liability. Every clan member would be their own separate case of "did they contribute to the problem and how much."

If one person, lets say the clan leader committed an offence but no one else, THEY ALONE would be punished.
    If the clan leader and seven others of varying ranks committed offences but no one else, again THEY ALONE would be punished
    If a clan of 100 members had 92 members which committed or contributed largely towards an offence and the other 8 were innocent, again ONLY the 92 would be punished.
    If all 100 clan members committed or contributed largely towards an offence then yes the entire clan would be punished, not because they are all in the same clan but because they are all liable.
    If all 100 clan members contributed largely towards harassing lets say another clan's leader, I'd say its very possible all of them would be punished, again not because all of them are in the same clan but because they ALL did something, if one of them, just one for example hadn't, that person would be completely fine.
    Finally, if all 100 clan members contributed towards harassing another clan's leader, but 10 of them only did it after being harassed themselves into doing it, I'd say there is a pretty big chance that 10 might get away with it depending on what they did, though its not for me to say.

I hope that this once and for all can clear up this relatively simple concept.