Need Tips On Building

I was thinking of starting building, anyone got any tips?
Also, what do you think I should start building? Any Ideas?

Comments

• I think that you should already have the main ideas, plans in your head before building. Of course you can build like this, but the result might not be what you were expecting ^^

Get a maximum of resources before building. I don't feel so good do mine when I'm building something. Or get enough resources to build one part, then get some resoucres to build another part etc..

Sculpties are very nice, when used in a good way! House roof, wells, rocks, walls turn... It can add a bit of shape to a small part, but the overall building will get nicer!

Decoration is important! It helps creating an atmosphere and pushing players to look forward in your realm! Warning though, overdecorating is errrrrrrr, you got what I meant ^^

Anyways, hope this helped you :)

• Get a maximum of resources before building. I don't feel so good do mine when I'm building something. Or get enough resources to build one part, then get some resoucres to build another part etc..

I never or rarely ever get all my resources before building. I like to think of ways to improve while I am mining for stuff while building what I am building.

If you want to be a good builder look at people's builds they will give you great ideas but don't just go off and copy lots of things about the build. It is okay to use a couple things from people's build's though just not too much.

I have nothing else to say but don't give people perm unless you really really really trust them or know them in real life like they are your siblings. You always have the risk of getting stuff stolen.
  • Know what your building ahead of time and be dedicated to it. I build by myself so I can get XP
  • forget it, don't build e.e
  • Would you buy realms or rooms to build something in?
  • depends if u wanna make a shop or you want people to be able to come to your realm by typing the name then make it a realm if no then just make it a room :D
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    There arent really any tips, its all on the way you are building things, the only thing i can say is make sure to have enough recources so you dont lose the picture in your head when you are building

Also i cant say on what you should be building, because most things are just things you have to think of yourself, but if you really cant think of things, just use a random word generator and press a couple times till you see something interesting
  • Bump, I really need ideas for what to build. Anyone?
  • Practice makes perfect!
  • I think you should go to a realm called "ultima"
    I personally wanna rebuild that realm one day :P
  • Everyone is different, and everyone has different skills. Don't look at other builds and think "Wow, they are really good". Cause they might be, but it doesn't matter. Think "Hey, I could do something like this!" For instance
    *Walks into @Koekenbak 's American eagle thing*
    "Great use of pixels! I like how he did..."

And then think if it's something you could do. Perhaps make a fish world or whatever. People may give you inspiration, but they should never make you think bad about yourself. About the whole resource thing, I have what I have, when I have it. I build quite regularly, and I never really have the resources. If you go as you go, you can think harder about things you didn't see before. You can change them early, rather than realize mistakes once the build is done.

It all depends on what you want to build, but have a plan. I always use dirt as reusable scaffolds, as I can change things when I need to. Ofc Koek is a hater on it, dirt is very helpful.

I also recommend finding someone that (you may not wish to trust them if not needed) to take a look at your build, and point out any flaws. I am @Anguishire 's circle checker. I have eagle eyes spotting asymmetrical parts. Find that guy who can tell you it looks bad xD. I but, so I'll end here. Good luck!
  • Maybe a brandnew storage room would be a good place too start?
    experiment a bit and find the things you are good at! I Myself am good at some things but rlly bad at others .so thats where friends come in.Getting a few different perspectives on builds helps alot.
    Search their brains and find out how they see it.
  • Thanks for all the awesome feedback!