Georgian Flag should not be in the c store

MarshkaMarshka Member
edited November 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
I'm sure it was not intentional, but the Temple-flag sold in the cubit store, is exactly the same as the flag of Georgia.

It might feel like a small thing, but I don't think any flag of an actual country should be sold in the store since it is a little offensive that anyone can have the flag of Georgia besides their name.

I would personally be a lil offended if my flag was sold in the cubit store, and anyone could pretend to be from Finland.

Even though the Georgian flag is really pretty, I think it should be either changed or removed from the store.

Thanks.

(Added pictures of the Temple-flag and the flag of Georgia)

Comments

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar
    its actually a reference to the knights templar and not georgia
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar
    its actually a reference to the knights templar and not georgia

I know that, but still, it's identical to the flag of Georgia, which I think shouldn't be the case.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Too few are from georgia. By claiming that you're from georgia you don't get anything anyway really. It's not like claiming you're from Australia, UK, USA, Canada etc. And even if those would have a flag in the store, that wouldn't be too much of a problem because you can always use VPN anyway.
    By adding these flags in the store, developers had to replace some already existent flags. Examples are Jersey and Georgia.
    Also, what pickles said is very correct indeed.
    -1 overall.
  • It's not identical. A flag is an identity and has to be redone EXACTLY the same way, forms, colors .. to be shown as this country. However, the cross does have end edges (on teh flag). However, in CC, the cross takes all the width and all the height. So, it is not the flag of Georgia :)
  • Aww, people don't care about flags as much as I do ;__;
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited November 2018
    Marshka said:

Aww, people don't care about flags as much as I do ;__;

The point is not that I don't care, but it is not that flag. Sure it looks a lot like it, but it's not (refer to the point I elaborated above).

Also, as I said, flags aren't just stripes of colors with symbols and random colors. When discusing about them, precision and rigor have to be implied.

For instance :

(Chad)

(Romania)

These flags are worldwide known. However they're not the same. The stripes are different on them. For exemple, the blue one : Chad's is Blue Indigo whereas Romania's Blue Cobalt.

In that way, these aren't identical :

As shown, the edges aren't ended on the Templar's flag. Plus, the crosses are slightly curved on the Georgian flag whereas they're not in CC.

Enough proof?
  • First of all, since in cc the size is super small, it is almost impossible to say if the crosses have wider edges or not.

Secondly, the white borders are caused by me taking an inaccurate screenshot from google and it leaving white borders on the sides.
  • Marshka said:

First of all, since in cc the size is super small, it is almost impossible to say if the crosses have wider edges or not.

Secondly, the white borders are caused by me taking an inaccurate screenshot from google and it leaving white borders on the sides.

Should have put the real one instead then, that'd be less confusing ^^
  • It doesn't bother me and even if I was Georgian it still would not bother me. We live in a world filled with discrepancy's and we have to allow our self to focus on larger more important matters than being irritated by them. An example for me is diabetes and how it is a running joke. Eat to much candy and you will get diabetes, comments of that nature. It is insensitive and derogatory to those who have diabetes, especially those who have diabetes because it is genetic not due to them being overweight/excessive eaters. This is just one example, there are countless other examples of how people label theirself as OCD when they are not, it is being anal retentive which is vastly different than being OCD. My point is there are going to be things that do not suit to our taste, that we have little power to change, and in turn just have to turn our attention to other matters.
  • It doesn't bother me and even if I was Georgian it still would not bother me. We live in a world filled with discrepancy's and we have to allow our self to focus on larger more important matters than being irritated by them. An example for me is diabetes and how it is a running joke. Eat to much candy and you will get diabetes, comments of that nature. It is insensitive and derogatory to those who have diabetes, especially those who have diabetes because it is genetic not due to them being overweight/excessive eaters. This is just one example, there are countless other examples of how people label theirself as OCD when they are not, it is being anal retentive which is vastly different than being OCD. My point is there are going to be things that do not suit to our taste, that we have little power to change, and in turn just have to turn our attention to other matters.

Oml when people say they have asthma xD. Hurts the soul just a bit. It's like, no you don't.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

It doesn't bother me and even if I was Georgian it still would not bother me. We live in a world filled with discrepancy's and we have to allow our self to focus on larger more important matters than being irritated by them. An example for me is diabetes and how it is a running joke. Eat to much candy and you will get diabetes, comments of that nature. It is insensitive and derogatory to those who have diabetes, especially those who have diabetes because it is genetic not due to them being overweight/excessive eaters. This is just one example, there are countless other examples of how people label theirself as OCD when they are not, it is being anal retentive which is vastly different than being OCD. My point is there are going to be things that do not suit to our taste, that we have little power to change, and in turn just have to turn our attention to other matters.

When people say you get diabetes from eating candy, and I got it from my mother, who got it from my great grandpa, who got it from another past relative.
  • Everything is "offensive" these days. It's kind of annoying - it's just a flag.
  • *jupiter* said:

Everything is "offensive" these days. It's kind of annoying - it's just a flag.

IKR. well im too lazy to read what everyone is saying, but I agree with the offensive. Sheesh, this could really get political XD
  • Bluejay_1 said:

*jupiter* said:

IKR. well im too lazy to read what everyone is saying, but I agree with the offensive. Sheesh, this could really get political XD
    Indeed, and that is really something that the people of the forum in should avoid openly discussing HERE.

If you want to pick a battle, pick yourself a viable battlefield. Take it to an external chat site or something, just DON’T do it here, please
    and
    t h a n k
    you.

Bluejay_1 said:

*jupiter* said:

Indeed, and that is really something that the people of the forum in should avoid openly discussing HERE.

If you want to pick a battle, pick yourself a viable battlefield. Take it to an external chat site or something, just DON’T do it here, please
    and
    t h a n k
    you.
    Although, you don’t have to click on this thread or read it. If they truly think it’s worth debating if it should be a flag or not, then why not?
  • U said:

Bluejay_1 said:

*jupiter* said:

and
    t h a n k
    you.
    Although, you don’t have to click on this thread or read it. If they truly think it’s worth debating if it should be a flag or not, then why not?
    I was not talking about the discussion of the flag. I was referring to what Bluejay said about this going too far into politics (however THAT may happen).

I understand your concern for other people’s rights to argue.

U said:

Bluejay_1 said:

*jupiter* said:

and
    t h a n k
    you.
    I was not talking about the discussion of the flag. I was referring to what Bluejay said about this going too far into politics (however THAT may happen).

I understand your concern for other people’s rights to argue.
    Okay.