Should I Make A Buying Realm?

ContumasContumas Member
edited November 2018 in General Chat
I've made a shop, I was wondering if I should make a buying realm, put a section in my shop for buying or just buy random cheap stuff?

Comments

• lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    33x33 at most
  • lucaaa795 said:

33x33 at most

At most?
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Contumas said:

lucaaa795 said:

33x33 at most

At most?
    Yes
    A 25x25 would be nice however if you really want to include rentals, you might go as far as 50x50
  • For a shop only, I would recommend not too big. If it's too big players might get lost or find it too overwhelming. I think somewhere between 17x17 and 33x33 would be good
  • small shops sell more
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited October 2018
    Crusifon said:

small shops sell more

^^^Would love to know your facts/stats for this^^^

First, it depends on how much you want to sell in your shop as to which size it should be.

I'm finding that if you want people to go to another level on a shop via a portal, they often won't. Seems like they want everything right in front of them. I currently have a 33x33 shop, and I need to display more items (I mostly sell mine-able resources), but don't really have enough room on the main floor, unless I remove my 'lounge' area. It has served me well for nearly a year, but I'm thinking it might be time to expand a little bit, though I do like the feel of the 33x33 sized shop. I'm currently considering getting a 55x55 shop, but so I can share it with some friends to maintain.

The key though is to have an organized shop. I made lots of cubits with my little starter realm shop (mainly because I restocked daily the 20-25 vends on two levels), and I do quite well in my 33x33 shop (50+ vends on one level as I have them spaced one block apart) too even though I'm only restocking once a week.

If you are starting out, a 33x33 shop is probably fine as it's better to keep a smaller mid-sized shop fully stocked than have a larger shop that is half empty. So many of the larger shops and mega malls seem mostly empty all the time when I visit them.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    100x100 with bottomless, start by building what you need, then expand as the shop grows.
  • U said:

100x100 with bottomless, start by building what you need, then expand as the shop grows.

Yes this is a good way tho.
  • I can place around 15 vends or more in a 33 by 33 realm already, so 33 by 33 is a good size
  • U said:

100 x 100 is way too large ^^ Would waste space anyway.. 50 sounds good tho
    edited October 2018

U said:

Buy a 33x33 shop, run out of room, buy a 44x44 shop, run out of room, buy a 55x55 shop, run out of room, buy a 77x77 shop. Or buy a 100x100 bottomless and never run out of room while saving cubits? ;)
  • U said:

U said:

Buy a 33x33 shop, run out of room, buy a 44x44 shop, run out of room, buy a 55x55 shop, run out of room, buy a 77x77 shop. Or buy a 100x100 bottomless and never run out of room while saving cubits? ;)
    But is a 100x100 and Bottemless more Expencive in the long run O.o
    edited October 2018
    Sarco said:

U said:

U said:

But is a 100x100 and Bottemless more Expencive in the long run O.o
    If you upgrade your shop three times as realms, then the 100x100 is cheaper. You can get a bottomless 1k, and you don’t have to rebuild the shop everytime. Just have to add on to it.

Edit : Three 13x13s are more expensive then a 99x99.
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited October 2018
    U said:

U said:

I have personally never seen a 100x100 shop. Even if it works, a 55x55 is enough.. Don't forget you can build in hight too, which makes your shop twice bigger :3

U said:

U said:

I have personally never seen a 100x100 shop. Even if it works, a 55x55 is enough.. Don't forget you can build in hight too, which makes your shop twice bigger :3
    No offense, but from experience people are too stupid to figure out how to go to a second floor. Also, Metallic is 100x100, so is mine. You may not realize it with bottomless.
  • Yes I have to hand it to Pixel and Gruss but metallic has an awesome layout(in my mind) and works very well.
  • U said:

Exact same as I was gonna say
  • It really depends on how many vends you want

And yes, almost no one goes to the second floor, have you seen Pens? It’s the popular realm but almost no one goes to the second floor
  • How about would you include rentals?
  • Contumas said:

How about would you include rentals?

I would. It's a great way to make some extra moolah and you could make a PYR-like bazaar.

A store with an entire section dedicated to rentals, that'd be great! But people still prefer Pen's when it comes to Rentals so I wouldn't expect a bazaar to be booming with business. You gotta have something Pen's doesn't.
  • Bump
  • Kunshu said:

Contumas said:

I would. It's a great way to make some extra moolah and you could make a PYR-like bazaar.

A store with an entire section dedicated to rentals, that'd be great! But people still prefer Pen's when it comes to Rentals so I wouldn't expect a bazaar to be booming with business. You gotta have something Pen's doesn't.
    I think he means perma rentals where you get vends included and sell your items, not a Pen's Yard Rentals thing.
  • Minified said:

Kunshu said:

Contumas said:

I think he means perma rentals where you get vends included and sell your items, not a Pen's Yard Rentals thing.
    Yes I do

Contumas said:

Minified said:

Kunshu said:

Contumas said:

Yes I do

Rentals are not for the money, they’re for the rental owners to bring more people to your shop. (In my opinion anyways)
  • Bump new shop question
  • It's better to make a section in your shop for just what your buying but if you have no room then yes make a room for buying.
  • Bump
  • @space_fetus you can close this now I have got a buying list in my realm