Why is CC so.... forgettable? (Read carefully)

Before you start, PLEASE spend some time reading the disclaimers in the spoiler.

"Opinion" is a strong word. And unlike many others, I tend to treat this word with respect, as any wrong word I put here might become an insult if I'm not careful enough.

1) This discussion is NOT a rant.
Yes, it is not a rant. The game is still fine as it is, so there's hardly any to complain about.
This is a question, a legitimate question. Thus, I'd rather look for an answer, a reason or just "I don't know, because ___)". I'm not here to prove anything, so comments like "You're wrong" are pretty useless.

2) I'm not hopping on the "Rant train"
It is just a coincidence that I came back at this time and made this thread. Not to mention that this thread is not a rant to begin with...

Okay, you're all set to move on!

-----

I just logged in the game for the first time after a little over one month, as some of you might have noticed. However, the strange thing is, I totally forgot about the game. Not even the forum, as I still frequently checked it in my last break (which was 3x longer than this one)

That begs the question: What made me forget about the game for such a long time?

I came up with some of the common reasons, but it still doesn't make any sense:
+Out of cubits: I still have over 90% of my prize from the clan race, so that's impossible.
+Nothing to do: Before I forgot about CC, I was building my deep forest parkour, which is now still unfinished. Even if that weren't in the way, my weekly parkour event and two Halloween projects would be up there waiting for me.
+Boredom: To me, building parkours is never boring at all.
+Loads of work: It's true that I do get busy in this time of the year, but a deadline or two didn't stop me from occasionally having a casual LoL match or booting random mobile games. I remembered those games, but not CC.

Therefore, I decided to seek help from the community. Perhaps you'll have a logical answer to think.

Is it because my body just "rejects" CC randomly, or is there a deeper, more serious problem within the game?

I don't know, so let me know!

Comments

• Because CC Made a new world for people that want entertainment and In this world we have Many friends not like on our Own World
  • I have found my self drifting away aswell but I was blaming it on my arm since i broke it and can't rely play, but I soon realized I was drifting away even before i hurt my arm. I to now wana know why this is happening.
  • if you find youself doing stuff because you feel like you have to then you slowly push away from cc.
  • For me in it has been my freinds leaving, and me getting older. I dont have anyone to talk to anymore since all of my freinds dont play very often, and as I have gotten older I have began to like games like PUBGM, Skyrim, and Assassins Creed more.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    I doubt this has anything to do with the game.
    You might have had something else on your mind.
    I had that happen to me now and then.
    For example: last week i had to meet someone in the afternoon, so i was so focused on that matter that i completely forgot i had a forum poll to update(none CC related) even though that poll was more important then that meeting, it still simply slipped my mind.

This does not mean at all that this game is to be forgotten no, i don't think so.
    Lets not overthink this, you just had something else on your mind... at least that's what i think about it. ;)
  • When space started doing the events, that got people interested, but there is no excitement. There are always 24/7 events, and it never ends. I feel that space needs to do a whole lot less, and make a big deal out of the few ones he does. Posting on forums that it is coming out in maybe a week, and there were good prizes. Now we just have back to back never ending evens (space is doing fine, I'm not saying he is not) but we just have too much. Like said above, maybe we could have one or twice a month events that even took teamwork to win. Sort of like the clan race.
    I hope if you are reading this you got my point, and not some other message.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Cubic Castles isn't exactly something you have things to come back too, it's easy to forget about. You come off Cubic Castles and play another game, we'll call it X, you're so focused on X for whatever reasons, be it you're new and exploring or have a quest/mission to complete you completely forget you play Cubic Castles. What does Cubic Castles offer us that requires us to play? Farming, maybe. We don't have decent daily quests/missions, nothing to strive towards. There's nothing to win/obtain in goals, sure you can set goals...but eh...

I personally quit because there's nothing to do within the game and devs do not care about their game, I am ranting about that and bring on your opinions :) Kewb and Cos don't care about Cubic Castles, If they cared the game wouldn't be bugged to high hell and back with 0 chance of them being sorted, they'd be more, and no offense, better mods, I could go on for hours but I won't...What does one have to do in CC? What can one achieve? Sure you can go mining, earn a few cubits buy a hat...then what? Nothing...Sure you can build something, feel proud of yourself for your hard work but there's NO WAY to fully show off your building without spending Cubits- forums aren't exactly active. This isn't even a building game either, it's basically a Clothing Simulator. Could easily make this game become a fashion game. I could still rant on for hours, but the admins don't care when I tell them so I aint gonna say all my opinions here. Even tho Cosmic told me we'd have more quests/missions at the start of this year, clearly it was an empty promise to make me shut up...along with his "to-do" list which I can prove doesn't even exist...The support team which is clueless about how the game works... xD I'll shh...anywho..

Maybe when the game offers something to lure us back, keep us busy, stop us forgetting as there's nothing to do...maybe we won't forget...
  • Simple answer, the gubberment is putting chemicals in the air that erode your synapses. It all starts with a cough and turns into a common cold. If this has happened to you it means the chemical has taken effect!
  • When space started doing the events, that got people interested, but there is no excitement. There are always 24/7 events, and it never ends. I feel that space needs to do a whole lot less, and make a big deal out of the few ones he does. Posting on forums that it is coming out in maybe a week, and there were good prizes. Now we just have back to back never ending evens (space is doing fine, I'm not saying he is not) but we just have too much. Like said above, maybe we could have one or twice a month events that even took teamwork to win. Sort of like the clan race.

I kinda agree that space should slow down and make each event feel like its a rare thing in a way instead of every week.
  • Sometimes you just need a 2-8 weeks of a break from cc :p
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited October 2018
    I look at this as a good thing. So many games these days force you to have to log in daily to claim something, water something, bug your friends about something or you lose all progress. The nice thing about CC is that when REAL LIFE does happen, you don't lose your house; you don't lose your realms; you don't lose your in game projects; you don't lose your cubits; you don't lose levels; you don't lose anything. Yes, if you don't have sprinklers, you might lose some crops or you might miss out on an event if you don't log in weekly. But in general, you aren't punished for not playing like so many other games do. Sadly people are conditioned to respond to these negative aspects of games, and they erroneously think it makes those games 'exciting' because they have to be continually invested in them else they will lose so much progress in those games. If you have a RL situation, you can push CC to the back burner and come back when life eases up and you return right where you were. I love this about CC, and am very grateful it is like this.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited October 2018

Cubic Castles isn't exactly something you have things to come back too, it's easy to forget about. You come off Cubic Castles and play another game, we'll call it X, you're so focused on X for whatever reasons, be it you're new and exploring or have a quest/mission to complete you completely forget you play Cubic Castles. What does Cubic Castles offer us that requires us to play? Farming, maybe. We don't have decent daily quests/missions, nothing to strive towards. There's nothing to win/obtain in goals, sure you can set goals...but eh...

I personally quit because there's nothing to do within the game and devs do not care about their game, I am ranting about that and bring on your opinions :) Kewb and Cos don't care about Cubic Castles, If they cared the game wouldn't be bugged to high hell and back with 0 chance of them being sorted, they'd be more, and no offense, better mods, I could go on for hours but I won't...What does one have to do in CC? What can one achieve? Sure you can go mining, earn a few cubits buy a hat...then what? Nothing...Sure you can build something, feel proud of yourself for your hard work but there's NO WAY to fully show off your building without spending Cubits- forums aren't exactly active. This isn't even a building game either, it's basically a Clothing Simulator. Could easily make this game become a fashion game. I could still rant on for hours, but the admins don't care when I tell them so I aint gonna say all my opinions here. Even tho Cosmic told me we'd have more quests/missions at the start of this year, clearly it was an empty promise to make me shut up...along with his "to-do" list which I can prove doesn't even exist...The support team which is clueless about how the game works... xD I'll shh...anywho..

Maybe when the game offers something to lure us back, keep us busy, stop us forgetting as there's nothing to do...maybe we won't forget...

Before somebody says I am just adding to the rant, I’m simply addressing what I see that is wrong and suggesting ways to help improve these issues based on Lucas’ comment. This is not suppose to be a rant as it may seem. I love this game, and always will, these are just where I currently see issues. I would not be saying anything if Lucas hadn’t. But, I couldn’t just not say anything where I saw a place to expand. I guess the whole comment sort of relates to why people don’t play as much. If you don’t want to read this long message scroll to the bottom to see everything summarized and my respond to CD. Thanks! Have a nice day!

PLEASE RESPOND TO ME IN PRIVATE MESSAGES, I do not want to create one of the historic rant fight threads that have been known on these forums. The only reason I responded on the thread was in response to Lucas, this was not the main point of the thread, so let’s go back to the main point. If you decide to respond here, just add onto my suggestions to fix these issues.

Nothing to come back to? One of the things that make me want to not come back is the fact that there is a max level. When you reach level 60 you have no reason to mine or build unless you enjoy it. Maybe having no max level would motivate me to keep playing and leveling up. Of course I still play a lot within shops, or giving away items. But, I don’t find myself to have a reason to build anymore. Maybe making a daily, weekly, and monthly realm in the town center for people to visit, players would be more motivated to come back to the game. They could then build and try for one of those spots, or visit the featured realms.

I can agree that this game is way more buggy then it used to be, probably because there is so much more in this game. That’s besides the point, what I have found is a bug is reported and it is ‘fixed’. But this fix creates a new bug, so I report it and it is fixed. This fix can cause another bug, and this can go on for a while of a ‘fix’ and new bug. Litterally doing the exact thing that created the previous bugs can create a new bug after the the patch. (For example: Rooms with no entrance doors to phantoam doors - Crashing realms with short names to not being able to friend people with short names). This is so ironic because these should of been tested after the patch by somebody on the beta servers. I find that every time a bug is fixed i’m the one that tests the fixes on the live servers. I can give a recent example of a bug that put accounts in a infinite loop. I was sent a private message of the ‘fix’ and fairly quickly I sent a private message back of another way to do this, barely different from the original way. This private message was sent to me AFTER the patch, and I could of spotted the other way to do it without the patch in ten minutes. Them programming the patch was a comple waste of time because it didn’t even truly work. Of course they are a small team and fixing bugs is hard to squeeze in around other updates, so I am not saying ‘Oh, the administrators suck at their jobs’. No, the Admins have done so much for me, that I have no room to say anything against them, and I will always be loyal to them. But, it’s not that hard to find some loyal players to test a patch on the beta servers, if they truly don’t have time to test new items, or a patch to a bug. Another way is to notify the person that found the bug to test if the patch would actually work within the live servers. (If it’s possible to test it without actually having the patch on the main servers). I will say I can give other examples of this but I can’t because they still haven’t been fixed for the second time.

Yeah, Moderators are so scare these days. I will say this, I see somebody breaking the rules at least twice every hour I’m online. Keep in mind this is when i’m going to hollas, and the lobbies. You may ask ‘Why don’t I take screenshots and send a private message to a moderator?’. Who do I send a message to? Space_Fetus? Yeah, he’s busy with events. Hinter? Cortana? Momo? Angel? Nolana? None of them are ever on the forums, so what’s the point of reporting something to them. Let me mention that I’m friends with Cortana, Angel, Super, Hinter, Space, and Nolana (I guarantee more, but the others just aren’t online enough for me to know if we are even friends anymore). How often do I see them online, yet alone moderatoring? I maybe see Angel, Super, and Nolana moderatoring once a month. No, they are not bad Moderators, they just don’t have enough time to moderator anymore. I am friends with them because they’re good people, that I respect for helping with this game. They just don’t have the time anymore to help this game. We used to have ed, which was the best step I saw for getting a moderator in years. We do have Scorto, but he isn’t in the same time zone as me, so I’m unsure if he Moderators the game. (No I am not bashing Scorto, I have so much respect for Professional Killer, and Scorto just from them being active on the forums which is honestly the most help this game gets from moderators currently). Off topic: Is there a reason Scorto isn’t a forum moderator? Anyways, enough of me explaining where I’m coming from on the Moderators system. The solution for this,in my opinion, is to put more effort towards finding new moderators. I guarantee there is a lot of people out there that are passionate about this game, and are eligible to be a moderator. Even one active moderator would help so much right now.

The support team being clueless. I will just say that the support team isn’t clueless, but I get way more help by sending a private message to Cosmic. When I reported bugs to support, Mabz would ‘send them to Cosmic’ but I am fairly confident that Cosmic never got them, as they where never fixed. I am not saying that the support is terrible, I respect the support team for helping a lot of this games players. But, where I stand Cosmic is a lot more helpful through the forums.

Now this is where I am going to disagree with Peng/Lucas The Spider. “Kewb and Cos don’t care about Cubic Castles”. I can’t disagree more on this. With the amount they have done for me, they definitely care about Cubic Castles. I have never been ignored in a Private Message, and they have always at least tried to help me if I asked. Even the threads asking what we want to see in the game, prove that they care.

As a response to CD: Yeah, I occasionally take a few day break, simply because I have other things to focus on. But, I always return when those focuses are lessened and I have more room to focus on this game. (Sorry for continuing the off-topic on your thread CD!)

For you lazy people:
    -Put more effort towards finding new Moderators.
    -Test bugs on the beta servers after a patch, or find a few people to test them.
    -Remove max levels/Add Daily, Weekly, and Monthly realms to the Cubic Town Center.
    -The Admins do care about this game.
    -Support is not ‘clueless’, but for me Cosmic is where to go.
    edited October 2018
    My previous comment was 81 characters too long, so I had to create another.

When space started doing the events, that got people interested, but there is no excitement. There are always 24/7 events, and it never ends. I feel that space needs to do a whole lot less, and make a big deal out of the few ones he does. Posting on forums that it is coming out in maybe a week, and there were good prizes. Now we just have back to back never ending evens (space is doing fine, I'm not saying he is not) but we just have too much. Like said above, maybe we could have one or twice a month events that even took teamwork to win. Sort of like the clan race.

I agree that space is doing too many events. At the beggining I enjoyed them. Then, we started getting so many they got boring. We should have one every month, or every other month. As Silver said, Space is doing fine, and I am also not saying he is doing a bad job. But, personally he shouldn’t be pushing himself to put these events out so fast. Maybe take some time and do them every other month or monthly space. :)

Edit: Let’s assume every event gave 25,000c to 15 people (More sometimes with items being worth more than that, and clan race). Either way, let’s just stick with 25,000c to 15 people. There has been 30+ Events since Space has started. That is 11,250,000c. I think that is a little excessive.

These two comments took me a hour to type out because I actually care about this game. At least give me some respect for that.
  • edited October 2018
    After a cup of tea I sat down to read Luca and Vs comments ^_^! I just want you to know I READ THEM.

The mod system has been a thorn in my side for a long time. It may look nice on paper to say you have ten mods but that doesn't matter if they no longer are interested/play the game. Mod powers are something that need to be stripped from an individual if they are inactive for more than two months and not restored unless they are active for an x amount of time. Most of the mods have moved onto other games, I don't want to hear that they are busy. I see your steam accounts :P. The mods are not being paid they are volunteers this is true but it is important to have active players who are passionate about the game moderating for them to fulfill their job. Not individuals who log on once in awhile to check on the game.

Wow these comments on this thread would make J.K Rowling proud. *gets tea to sit back and read the novels that have been typed ahaha*.

Why comment, when you can comment a novel? ;)
  • I used to write novels but after several years of breaking everyones sanity with my long winded rants I have retreated to the safe confines of a few words. I no longer gain joy out of terrorizing people with my rambling. Your comment on the other hand was structured and well written where it would just look like I spewed vomit all over the forums. I need to leave it to the professionals.

I used to write novels but after several years of breaking everyones sanity with my long winded rants I have retreated to the safe confines of a few words. I no longer gain joy out of terrorizing people with my rambling. Your comment on the other hand was structured and well written where it would just look like I spewed vomit all over the forums. I need to leave it to the professionals.

Haha, thanks. I always read your long comments. >:O
  • Maybe you actually prefer doing other things irl than playing cc

Like he said maybe u were just having fun irl and u totally forgot about the cc world that happened to me I quit for like 4 months maybe bc I went back to school and started actually socializing again

Mr.Grim said:

Maybe you actually prefer doing other things irl than playing cc

Like he said maybe u were just having fun irl and u totally forgot about the cc world that happened to me I quit for like 4 months maybe bc I went back to school and started actually socializing again
    CQFD ^^

Also, taking breaks might affect ( @JackFury ) the relation you have with the game. Going away and doing another thing can easily lead to forget that concerned game.

Afterall, idk either. Up to everyone besides the game's flaws I guess..
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    #deadgameby2020
  • Rather than a lack of things to do in CC maybe you find a great variety of things to do outside CC?