Cheese.

RawrItsReReRawrItsReRe Member
edited May 2016 in Off-Topic
I like cheese.

Comments

• lunariscilunarisci 'MuricaMember
    No thanks ( o-o)/) Need that stuff for academic work
  • Nice speech ther I think your right though...

When is the last time you've seen a kid have an iphone back when we were kids, unless you younger than 19
  • Hello,
    I would like to share that the world of technology is so advanced now, that's how we operated. People use technology for education, and even to go to school, technology is not bad if you don't spend your day on the device. Now you are making a speech, telling people what to do (Yes, your opinion is welcome and very nice letter), and I bet you 2/3 of the people who respond after this are avid gamers. That is not bad, I know I am one too. I'm pretty sure you have social media as well, that's not bad, but just think before you type these paragraphs. (No offense). Most people play this game to be happy, or to get away from life. If you care about visiting with your family so much, this would be different. We all have our own opinions and you included God in yours, I am sad that you think technology ruins your life.

I would just like all to take note of, we all have an addiction to something, whether it's learning to gaming, we all have opinions that differ. Some people thing that the world of technology is bad, and they other half love it. We all just have to accept what others like think, and believe in. Some people would spend their whole life gaming, but if that's them and what makes them happy, let them do that. Some people find technology to make them happy. (I can't not tell you how many times I've said technology) If you do not like what the world is made out of that's sad, because I am going to tell you now within the next 20 years, there will probably be no books. Everything technology. Which will probably soon overpower the world, there are so many different opinions about this one subject, that it would be too hard to have a basic answer. If you don't like social media, you do not have to use it, you can still game you just don't have to have the Facebook, Twitter, etc., If you are having a family gathering you can put the device down for a minute, it's not like stopping will kill you. Everyone wakes up to different things, every morning some people wake up ready to game some wake up ready to learn. It differs person to person. Yes, I am respecting your opinion and do not have anything against it.

I also won't and can't participate in your little challenge due to using technology for school and research.

With best regards, Geo.
    ------------
    Cubic Castles Member, since Dec. 2015
    Contact me or Private message me if you need help!
  • -Geo- said:

Hello,
    I would like to share that the world of technology is so advanced now, that's how we operated. People use technology for education, and even to go to school, technology is not bad if you don't spend your day on the device. Now you are making a speech, telling people what to do (Yes, your opinion is welcome and very nice letter), and I bet you 2/3 of the people who respond after this are avid gamers. That is not bad, I know I am one too. I'm pretty sure you have social media as well, that's not bad, but just think before you type these paragraphs. (No offense). Most people play this game to be happy, or to get away from life. If you care about visiting with your family so much, this would be different. We all have our own opinions and you included God in yours, I am sad that you think technology ruins your life.

I would just like all to take note of, we all have an addiction to something, whether it's learning to gaming, we all have opinions that differ. Some people thing that the world of technology is bad, and they other half love it. We all just have to accept what others like think, and believe in. Some people would spend their whole life gaming, but if that's them and what makes them happy, let them do that. Some people find technology to make them happy. (I can't not tell you how many times I've said technology) If you do not like what the world is made out of that's sad, because I am going to tell you now within the next 20 years, there will probably be no books. Everything technology. Which will probably soon overpower the world, there are so many different opinions about this one subject, that it would be too hard to have a basic answer. If you don't like social media, you do not have to use it, you can still game you just don't have to have the Facebook, Twitter, etc., If you are having a family gathering you can put the device down for a minute, it's not like stopping will kill you. Everyone wakes up to different things, every morning some people wake up ready to game some wake up ready to learn. It differs person to person. Yes, I am respecting your opinion and do not have anything against it.

I also won't and can't participate in your little challenge due to using technology for school and research.

With best regards, Geo.
    ------------

I understand the school part. I was meaning that most people play games a bit too much and should maybe spend some time with a loved one. Thanks for commenting ;)
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    lunarisci said:

No thanks ( o-o)/) Need that stuff for academic work

Same I need my device for home work
  • I don't understand...
    Why do I go on this website on this computer.
    Why should I spend my life on this device that gives me fake satisfaction.
    Every day. Every single day I get on a device with a glowing screen that sucks me in.
    I wonder what will happen when my family says something to me so memorable, but I was staring at a screen. Not listening.
    Not treasuring these moments with my family and friends. Not spending these moments with God.
    I wake up every morning looking at my iPhone to turn off my alarm.
    The reason I hate the word "iPhone" is because it doesn't say "UsPhone".
    A proven fact shows that the average humans wastes 4 YEARS of their life on a device. That's sad.
    My heart aches at the fact that in those four years, someone might have done something so amazing. You were staring at a screen. A bright screen that is fake. It shows how many follows, friends, or likes you have.
    I have a question for you.
    Would you rather have one billion followers, likes, and friends or spend your whole life with your family and friends that love you. Rethink that. I hope you just put down your device and didn't read the last bit.
    Now, when I say "iPhone" I don't call it that. I think of it to be a phone all about you. With the selfies, Instagram, SnapChat. Simply taking a simple selfie and attaching a small piece of words that say "Hi" is not a conversation.

Think about the next time you look at a screen. Will you waste your life and click fancy buttons?

I DARE you to not go on any device for a week. What will happen?

Well...I am going to live for eternity, so allow me these "4 years" of earthly pleasure
  • LightosphereLightosphere Member
    edited April 2016

I don't understand...
    Why do I go on this website on this computer.
    Why should I spend my life on this device that gives me fake satisfaction.
    Every day. Every single day I get on a device with a glowing screen that sucks me in.
    I wonder what will happen when my family says something to me so memorable, but I was staring at a screen. Not listening.
    Not treasuring these moments with my family and friends. Not spending these moments with God.
    I wake up every morning looking at my iPhone to turn off my alarm.
    The reason I hate the word "iPhone" is because it doesn't say "UsPhone".
    A proven fact shows that the average humans wastes 4 YEARS of their life on a device. That's sad.
    My heart aches at the fact that in those four years, someone might have done something so amazing. You were staring at a screen. A bright screen that is fake. It shows how many follows, friends, or likes you have.
    I have a question for you.
    Would you rather have one billion followers, likes, and friends or spend your whole life with your family and friends that love you. Rethink that. I hope you just put down your device and didn't read the last bit.
    Now, when I say "iPhone" I don't call it that. I think of it to be a phone all about you. With the selfies, Instagram, SnapChat. Simply taking a simple selfie and attaching a small piece of words that say "Hi" is not a conversation.

Think about the next time you look at a screen. Will you waste your life and click fancy buttons?

I DARE you to not go on any device for a week. What will happen?

Hmm ok you may think that people use device for wasting their time but not all people do that thing, lots people use their device to talk about their bussiness while they do something at home eg: my mother is a teacher and she needs her phone to discuss some difficult thing with other teacher
    And about your dare hmm sorry I can't cause I need my phone to learn coding

• -Geo- said:

Hello,

With best regards, Geo.
    ------------

I understand the school part. I was meaning that most people play games a bit too much and should maybe spend some time with a loved one. Thanks for commenting ;)
    Hello,
    Ok I get you comment but you little challenges is telling someone not to use it at all.

• -Geo- said:

-Geo- said:

Hello,

With best regards, Geo.
    ------------

Hello,
    Ok I get you comment but you little challenges is telling someone not to use it at all.

This discussion was not made for someone who does not want to do the challenge. Or you can just read a few things in my opinion and not say anything. If you did not agree please do not try to reverse my point.
  • -Geo- said:

-Geo- said:

Hello,

With best regards, Geo.
    ------------

Hello,

This discussion was not made for someone who does not want to do the challenge. Or you can just read a few things in my opinion and not say anything. If you did not agree please do not try to reverse my point.
    Hello,
    I am not trying to pick a fight, I am telling you what I see. If you can't respect my opinion, don't reply. Every one and all have the right to state their opinion. There is no problem with someone stating their view of something. If you don't want a reply and feedback don't post it as easy at that.
    -
    Geo
  • lunariscilunarisci 'MuricaMember
    edited April 2016
    Just saying, no one is going to take this challenge

My sister currently lives in the other side of the country; without technology it would be kind of hard to communicate with her. It's such a rare and precious moment since our schedules are just so conflicting we rarely talk to each other anymore. Do you want to take that away from me? I might seem melodramatic, but it's the truth.

You are talking to humans in the 21st century to drop a piece of their life that they heavily depend on, as well as the rest of society even if it's for a month. You might just be talking about gaming, but (in the least cheesy way possible) people play video-games to escape from reality.

Considering the fact that your target audience is a bunch of people that play an online game on an online forum-- it's kind of... strange. Are we not doing something amazing? Are we not letting our creativity flow through by means of technology in this rapid-evolving society? You might think it's "fake," but frankly you're being too harsh with your words. If you want to start this kind of movement, you might not want to do it online.

Yes it may seem like people are "sucked in" a world that offers them no connections to the "real world," but I feel like you need to stop looking at the glass as half empty. Simply saying, "don't say anything that will oppose me" won't stop me from posting this. If I get a warning or this comment is deleted, I really don't care. Why are you using electronics to use the forums anyway? Isn't that kind of... hypocritical? If you want people to stop opposing you, you might as well politely ask a forum moderator to close this thread.

I'm sorry, but I don't see anyone taking up this "dare" anytime soon. Geo stated his opinion genuinely and in the most mature way possible, and I sincerely respect that. But your challenge in contrast to your goal is too extreme.
  • lunarisci said:

My sister currently lives in the other side of the country; without technology it would be kind of hard to communicate with her. It's such a rare and precious moment since our schedules are just so conflicting we rarely talk to each other anymore. Do you want to take that away from me? I might seem melodramatic, but it's the truth.

You are talking to humans in the 21st century to drop a piece of their life that they heavily depend on, as well as the rest of society even if it's for a month. You might just be talking about gaming, but (in the least cheesy way possible) people play video-games to escape from reality.

Considering the fact that your target audience is a bunch of people that play an online game on an online forum-- it's kind of... strange. Are we not doing something amazing? Are we not letting our creativity flow through by means of technology in this rapid-evolving society? You might think it's "fake," but frankly you're being too harsh with your words. If you want to start this kind of movement, you might not want to do it online.

Yes it may seem like people are "sucked in" a world that offers them no connections to the "real world," but I feel like you need to stop looking at the glass as half empty. Simply saying, "don't say anything that will oppose me" won't stop me from posting this. If I get a warning or this comment is deleted, I really don't care. Why are you using electronics to use the forums anyway? Isn't that kind of... hypocritical? If you want people to stop opposing you, you might as well politely ask a forum moderator to close this thread.

I'm sorry, but I don't see anyone taking up this "dare" anytime soon. Geo stated his opinion genuinely and in the most mature way possible, and I sincerely respect that. But your challenge in contrast to your goal is too extreme.

I already explained. I am telling you what I see. If you can't respect my opinion, don't reply. Every one and all have the right to state their opinion. There is no problem with someone stating their view of something. I watched a video talking about this and thought it would be a good idea to share it.
  • lunarisci said:

I already explained. I am telling you what I see. If you can't respect my opinion, don't reply. Every one and all have the right to state their opinion. There is no problem with someone stating their view of something. I watched a video talking about this and thought it would be a good idea to share it.
    Lunarisci, replied as kind as she could explaining why no one will enter. Neither of us were rude we were stating our opinion, everyone has the right to an opinion. The one thing you can't take from people. If you can't respect my opinion don't reply. They are your words. ^^
    Sincerely,
    Geo.
  • Ibuki-sanIbuki-san U.S.Member
    I like cheese too
  • Yay!
  • SuperxtremeSuperxtreme The NetherlandsGame Moderator
    Cheese. Yummy! My favourite Cheese is Old Amsterdam <3
  • This discussion has been closed.