Tools and features to improve building

Building has always been one of the core features of CC, however it is very basic. There haven't been any updates regarding building features the hotkeys were added. Having more tools at a builder's disposal would be a huge time saver because as of now building is way too time consuming.

Here are some tool and feature ideas I thought of:

Blueprints - Was already discussed but I wanted to have it here still
http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/19551/blueprints/p1

Bulldozers - A car that looks like a bulldozer which breaks all the blocks in a 1x3x3 radius in front of the car as you drive. However this should only work in player realms.

Longer place/break reach - Not sure whether a perk or an item is best for this but having the ability to place and break blocks at a longer distance would be a huge improvement. This would also somewhat counter the constant pathing issues.

More inventory space - Yes it has been suggested a LOT before but it is indeed very needed. Either a backpack ore more packrat perk levels should be fine. There are so many new blocks that our tiny inventories cant carry at one and switching between materials constantly is a pain.

Sculpty Bomb and Remover - Two tools to help removing sculpties. Right now bombs are the most efficient, however there is collateral damage sometimes which is very annoying. Therefore there could be a bomb that only destroys sculpty and an item that removes the whole block of sculpty. (Partly suggested by iCantiWill)

Bomb Foam - Foam that marks certain blocks and makes them invulnerable to bombs. Would be very helpful when trying to get rid of certain areas of a build without messing up the rest. (suggested by Space Fetus)

Jetpack/Gliders - Was suggested before. Anyway this might be a little extra but having the option to fly or glide to certain parts of the map is faster than using scaffold and also a huge time saver. Now this should only be used by people with perms to avoid ruining certain public realms. Or at least an option to disable it completely with a block or in realm setup should be in place.

Comments

• +1 to all
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited August 2018
    i wish sculpty block can be 8/8 water like watering can and no blank and just simply place it like normal block
    wallplant
    easterpastelstrips
    cherry leaves and autumn leaves
  • +1
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    +1
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited August 2018
    These would be great, but I think the jetpack should not be added, and if the bulldozer was added, it would not give xp, as this would be very easy to farm levels. What if it mined crops? This would ruin farming (unless you already have a tractor). So if no xp, and crops cannot be mined, I like it.
    if the backpack was a wearable chest thingy, I think it should have 9 spots? It would kinda make sense if it did not add an insane amount of inventory.
  • I dont think more packrat perks should be added unless its just ONE perk that gives you lots of more spaces and qbees get more levels because the lvl 60 peeps then get left out.
    But other then that +1
  • edited August 2018
    These are really needed. I mostly like the blueprint idea beacause it would really save players' time in cases of building the same thing over and over again and would give them some time to focus on other builds. I like the bulldozer idea, but how much would it cost? It would be good if it was avaliable to all players, or, instead they would add a button on the side of the screen which would then remove walls etc.? Overall good ideas. +1
  • +1 I really like the scaffold only bomb and the bulldozer, and as SilverDash said, it should not give xp or be able to harvest crops.
  • • Blueprints : Why not - I don't actually see the need of this but why not
    • Bulldozers : Can e very useful for a gigantic realm you want to rebuild entirely. +1!
    • Longer place/break reach : Same here, I don't see the need of this..
    • Inventory : Definitrly yes! Even if I organize my inventory, there is always a moment when i need to place a lot of decosand I can't bring them all. I usually forgot them because of this. Why not making another perks? So add levels, as requested before. Or make backpacks containers =P As suggested before as well.
    • Sculpty bomb / remover : Yes, i have enough of rebuilding the area where a single sculpty block was..
    • Bomb foam : Yes, why not.. More for builders but yes
    • Jetpacks / gliders : why not =) A glass bridge doesn't cost much though =3
  • I think the bulldozer is a great idea, although you should be able to change the height and width to upwards of 3. Just so you can one blocks without destroying too high of wide (if you want only a small space mined, but without mining the WHOLE build). I also think you should t automatically collect what you have mined, because of free builds and such. Don't wanna give it all to the rich guy with a cool car :3