I need help with le argument ;-:

I had this argument with this person in cubic castles in Pen’s Yard Rentals.The person told me that I couldn’t ask people to help donate to my shop that I am building.He showed me the rules and he was technically wrong but he kept on saying your stupid and you will be banned and other stuff which I was getting kinda mad XD.Anyways I won’t reveal the person who caused all dis but he should know who he is.PenDragon if u are on forums please tell me so I can stop this argument once and for all :(. Down below I see the rules please tell me who is right ;-;

Comments

• Ignore that player ^^ Nothing prevents you from asking for donations there. :)
  • Ignore that player ^^ Nothing prevents you from asking for donations there. :)

Except for giveaways that u have to donate or pay for like the rules say

Except for giveaways that u have to donate or pay for like the rules say
    Yes, but as you said, it was for your shop right? So there's no point to be threatened like that ^^
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    It's bad etiquette I would say to go to popular realms asking for items for your shop.
    I'd kick/ban you from my realm for doing it.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited August 2018
    :) oh eag,
    Never said it was bad etiquette to be poor lol.
    Just said begging/asking for items in realms you don't own is seen as annoying by most.
    Therefore it's seen as bad etiquette to do so.

• even if someone gives u something it wont be something over 100c and that can be gotten from mining for a minute
  • gdog said:

:) oh eag,
    Never said it was bad etiquette to be poor lol.
    Just said begging/asking for items in realms you don't own is seen as annoying by most.
    Therefore it's seen as bad etiquette to do so.

Those "poor" people could be bathing in real cash while one might be sitting on a raggedy old chair with the foam poking out of the sides. I don't know why I'm saying this.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    gdog said:

It's bad etiquette I would say to go to popular realms asking for items for your shop.

Agreed. Most players won't tolerate begging in their realms, and you'd most likely get kicked from the realm for doing it. Still, whoever was harassing you for it is in the wrong. It's considered impolite to beg, but even more impolite to be rude to someone for it.
  • A thing I think people aren't considering is that this wasn't just a normal realm, it was Pen's rentals. People beg and ask for donations there all the time. At any given time, there's usually at least 1 plot that just has a piggy bank and a sign asking for donations. If you were haranguing people about donating to you, its bad etiquette and you should stop. But if you were nicely asking people and then leaving them alone if they said no, Its not a big deal. I view Pens Yard as something similar to flea markets. I go to flea markets all the time (i love upcycling stuff) and people are always handing out flyers to their booths or shops. People are going to act like it makes you a bad person, but people do it irl plenty, so as long as you are respectful about it, you aren't breaking any game rules and you can do it however much you want (those realm owners can ban you if they don't appreciate it). Also, the only way to get banned from Pen's yard is by Pendragon himself, not the mods so even if the player reported you, nothing would happen because you didn't break the game rules. Since Pendragon wasn't there and I doubt he'd take a random player by their word, you're fine. I've seen people explicitly break the rules Pen has on those signs and be back again and again.
  • gdog said:

Pen's is a popular realm, but it's not just a random shop. It's a place for players to go and sell their items. That's what pendragon intended after all.
  • A thing I think people aren't considering is that this wasn't just a normal realm, it was Pen's rentals. People beg and ask for donations there all the time. At any given time, there's usually at least 1 plot that just has a piggy bank and a sign asking for donations. If you were haranguing people about donating to you, its bad etiquette and you should stop. But if you were nicely asking people and then leaving them alone if they said no, Its not a big deal. I view Pens Yard as something similar to flea markets. I go to flea markets all the time (i love upcycling stuff) and people are always handing out flyers to their booths or shops. People are going to act like it makes you a bad person, but people do it irl plenty, so as long as you are respectful about it, you aren't breaking any game rules and you can do it however much you want (those realm owners can ban you if they don't appreciate it). Also, the only way to get banned from Pen's yard is by Pendragon himself, not the mods so even if the player reported you, nothing would happen because you didn't break the game rules. Since Pendragon wasn't there and I doubt he'd take a random player by their word, you're fine. I've seen people explicitly break the rules Pen has on those signs and be back again and again.

I actually don’t ask people much when they donate I really don’t care what they donate they can even donate a piece of dirt I care mostly about the thought that matters that they are willing to.I don’t ask for donation anymore :/