Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?

& why?

Simple:

3D:

Comments

• I like the second one more where it is 3D like. It feels professional and polished compared to the first one that seems generic. It has more of a wow factor and I think it would stick more readily in peoples minds.
  • I like the second, the first looks like a hexagon and not a cube to me so thats why
  • I like the first one more. It looks kinda like the first order logo and I'm a star wars fan so yeah...
  • Space_FetusSpace_Fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I like the second one because it reminds me of the nintendo gamecube logo.
  • I like the second one because it reminds me of the nintendo gamecube logo.

^ Gotta love the GameCube.
  • The first one looks really good to my eyes :)
  • I like the second one because it reminds me of the nintendo gamecube logo.

:D

And probably the second, it looks much more professional, and from what I can tell it has less faults/mistakes that the first. (white lines, etc)
  • I like the second one.
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited August 2018

The first one looks really good to my eyes :)

that's my exact opinion!

I like the second one because it reminds me of the nintendo gamecube logo.

:D

And probably the second, it looks much more professional, and from what I can tell it has less faults/mistakes that the first. (white lines, etc)
    i think both have the same amount of mistakes ._.
  • Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Game Moderator
    Honestly, I don't like either one. The first is too flat and something about its overall shape combined with the colors reminds me of part of a bb gun. The second is lacking shading at the top and confuses my eyes. I can't tell if it "pops" outward or in.

But if one must make a choice, I guess I'd say the second one because it has the appearance of being more professional.
    Not trying to be overly critical, just stating my opinion as an artist.
  • =MGN=RedEagle=MGN=RedEagle Member
    edited August 2018
    I appreciate the comments. Ignore the left-over tiny orange and white lines. Those will be fixed.
    Eagence said:

Second 3d is better looking at first but after some time first looks better.

Edit: Actually after looking 5 second, first looks better, second one has flaws on edges to look good as 3D, that black/dark collor should not be shaded with 3D faces of cube. Also there are lines in between hex corners. Let me also add more choice for fun XD...

nice what program is that made in?
  • I like the first one more. It looks kinda like the first order logo and I'm a star wars fan so yeah...

STAR WARS fans don't endorse the First Order, GLORY TO THE EMPIRE.

Second is better in my opinion but both look good.
  • Eagence said:

I appreciate the comments. Ignore the left-over tiny orange and white lines. Those will be fixed.

Eagence said:

Second 3d is better looking at first but after some time first looks better.

Edit: Actually after looking 5 second, first looks better, second one has flaws on edges to look good as 3D, that black/dark collor should not be shaded with 3D faces of cube. Also there are lines in between hex corners. Let me also add more choice for fun XD...

nice what program is that made in?
    I generally use Adobe Photoshop CS3 for picture editing and Sai for drawing out of nothing. Adobe Photoshop CS6 also allow you to do basic 3D graphics and rendering too.

Adobe Illustator may also be better for vector drawing & logo design ( Which I not yet installed on my PC. I didn't used it too... )

Sadly Adobe is costly for some... You may also check out Affinity, it looks like a good option for free, but has some ups and downs compared to Adobe.

What soft you used to design? I wonder since most softwares have superior sides. Best to use them in combinations when you do something.
    I use Adobe Photoshop CC. I pay for it monthly for my thumbnails. I find it uninitiative for logo design, creating the shapes I made above took me 6 hours. Maybe I am just not familiar with shapes in photoshop as much. I also use only vectors.

I like your additions, they were cool.
  • Use illustrator then

Yep... its similar to the first order logo and I love it...
    #starwarsforlife