Banned players' items.

lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
Hello
The title might be confusing but honestly it's fine.
Basically, many rich people get permanently banned because of some reasons such as trading currencies, scamming, swearing etc etc.
Now, those items remain on them, unable to have any touch with the market.
I believe that they could find some use within the game.
I have 2 suggestions regarding this:
1. Giveaways with those items. Giveaways would be hosted by someone qualified (probably some admin) and it would include mostly items that are actually worth something.
2. Sales that include the items that are retrieved from those accounts. Again, someone qualified should host them to avoid possible corruption and/or advantages over a group of people. Prices should be the same as the market ones, maybe 5-10% cheaper although I wouldn't mind.
I mean, why let items basically rot in inventories that will never ever be touched again? Why not bringing those back on the market?
I'm open to feedback

Comments

• Nope, this is one of the reasons why prices go up. people quit or get banned with exclusive items on them so they are harder to get.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited July 2018

Nope, this is one of the reasons why prices go up. people quit or get banned with exclusive items on them so they are harder to get.

I did not mention those who quit. They have all the rights to keep those items on themselves because they might return one day.
    However, that's not the case with those who are permanently banned.
    They're harder to get, that is true however does this "artificially rarity" actually help the game at all? Now, I won't blame it only on those who got permanently banned but I do believe that they might've had an effect on the pricing on items that were rather common back in the day. Slyme eggs, Monster graves, even ramms. I believe that somewhere someone has them all and is banned for good. One could even mess with the economy so much before getting banned just for fun.
    Not reusing such items might have a snowball effect on economy within years.
  • Or sell em in the cubit store for a hiiigher price[ maybe dollars] (for wonderous items)

Or sell em in the cubit store for a hiiigher price[ maybe dollars] (for wonderous items)

that could work but then, they would be locked behind a paywall. Plus, I'm sure the store is coded to have infinite items. Or this wouldn't be infinite at all..
  • I think these items should be nuked. If a permabanned player is to be no more, neither should their accumulated or i'll gotten gains. I don't think qbees should profit from another players loss and this is the same as buying low just to sell high. It is profit from someone's loss.

There is another reason to not let those items back in the game. It would give great incentive to get someone banned just to get their stuff.

I do buy from players but, I do NOT sell those items. I am kinda weird because I don't even like receiving gifts from someone. The only reason I have a piggy and donation table is to get the reward if and when I ever do complete an adventure. Both of these items are not as easy to find as most players are.

If we are to say we are a Christian, we don't just read the words, we are to live them.
  • I think all of em should be given to me
  • -JZ--JZ- Member

I think all of em should be given to me

What a good idea! xD
    edited July 2018
    Intimate said:

I think these items should be nuked. If a permabanned player is to be no more, neither should their accumulated or i'll gotten gains. I don't think qbees should profit from another players loss and this is the same as buying low just to sell high. It is profit from someone's loss.

There is another reason to not let those items back in the game. It would give great incentive to get someone banned just to get their stuff.

I do buy from players but, I do NOT sell those items. I am kinda weird because I don't even like receiving gifts from someone. The only reason I have a piggy and donation table is to get the reward if and when I ever do complete an adventure. Both of these items are not as easy to find as most players are.

If we are to say we are a Christian, we don't just read the words, we are to live them.

It could possibly start a witch hunt but at least people would be more affraid of doing bad things knowing that they risk it even more. Heck, maybe we could actually have a better community by implying the sale of one's items after one is permabanned. I mean, some players are possesive and would rather see the items locked away rather than gaved away
    It's not really the same as buying low selling high. As I mentioned within 2nd point of main thread, the items could be sold for a fair price.
    Would it make items more common? Most likely but I wouldn't jump to say that we will see krampus dropping to 10k. Not that many get permabanned in the first place and even fewer actually have such rares.
    Also, why did you bring religion into discussion while I didnt mention anything about it? I just need some clearance.

I think all of em should be given to me

aye thats a good addition.
  • +1

There not doing any better doing in someone's account, plus imagine players if they got a rare item, plus this will make the community better, more people will report others who steal. This would bring to a near end on scamming.
  • SilverPinkSilverPink Member
    edited July 2018
    I think we should just watch them disappear en la hoguera @MarieAra
  • or watch em burn thatll be fun
  • well both sides are right, while they are not doing anything on that account it would also get people banned just for there stuff, and there is also the fact that some players were banned because they scammed, so some its would actually be stolen items and that would be even worse than scamming in the first place to give those away.
    chirpman said:

well both sides are right, while they are not doing anything on that account it would also get people banned just for there stuff, and there is also the fact that some players were banned because they scammed, so some its would actually be stolen items and that would be even worse than scamming in the first place to give those away.

You cannot just make any player get banned... Most of those who earned some wealth over the years actually know what to not do..
    They clearly stated in ToS that they will not give items back to those who got scammed. However, that does not mean that they cannot theoretically speaking give items back to the community.
  • I can only see greediness..
  • Well its a good idea but what if they want to ask for second chance after some years, i know many people who got perma banned and then got unbanned with a second chance.
  • I don’t think this should be allowed. The ban has already served as enough, and giving away the items would not be too humane. Besides, if the account is banned their stuff should also be untouched and forbidden from anyone else to get, it only seems reasonable.
  • -1 I feel like greed would take over and players would report other players for things that they didn't even do. I think it's best to leave the items in perma banned player's inventorybe.
  • hmm +0 for me cuz for some reasons, the stuffs of a perma banned players must be erased all to avoid for them to use again. but if it will be a giveaway its fine. The only thing there is its impossible for admins to do giveaway for the stuffs of perma banned players.
  • -1 Staff has always said that if you were scammed, they can't get your items back. If they banned a player who scammed and were going to give the items to anyone, it should be back to the people they were scammed from, not random greedy people in a giveaway. Those items were stolen from other players. That would be like if someone robbed and bank and instead of the cops returning the money, they threw it into the streets for anyone to grab. Not only would it have the potential to wreck the economy (imagine if a noob player suddenly got a ramm, halo, or monster grave etc...) but if I were someone who had been scammed and my instead of having my items returned, they were being given out for free to other players, I'd be very angry.
  • When a person gets perm banned I’m pretty sure there realms and
    Etc gets deleted.

In general
    -1 terrible idea
  • Well -1
    ragean said:

When a person gets perm banned I’m pretty sure there realms and
    Etc gets deleted.

In general
    -1 terrible idea

well their realms don't disappear till about 6 months... If someone has build there they can take the items present in the realm

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Chief12 said:

Well -1

ragean said:

When a person gets perm banned I’m pretty sure there realms and
    Etc gets deleted.

In general
    -1 terrible idea

well their realms don't disappear till about 6 months... If someone has build there they can take the items present in the realm

I don’t think they disappear anymore because of the exact matches thing.