Suggestion: A feature similar to Maplestory's Auction House.

KirodashiKirodashi Member
edited July 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
Before reading: don't complain about using features from other games, Maplestory and CC are in no way similar.

In Maplestory, the Auction House is a function where players can sell their items. It's hard to describe, but it wouldn't be part of the game in the way that markets like Pen's Yard Rentals are. It's similar to Amazon/other sales websites, except in the game. When you list an item for sale, you give the price (in Cubits), and it would appear to anyone who searched for the item name. The cubits would be instantly transferred to the seller and taken from the buyer's accounts immediately. This would also help trading as there's no way to be scammed.
You can search by item name, seller name, and price range.

It would also help buyers find the items they need at the best price, instantly.
When selling bulk resources/blocks, it would automatically calculate the unit rate (ex: if I'm selling 10000 stone for 1000 cubits, it should tell the buyers that it's 10 stone per cubit.)

This idea was inspired by @AshiMagari with her recent discussion, and the points she made about convenience and the recent changes to the Cubit Store. I feel like this could be a possible solution to the current lack of convenience in the Cubit Store.

Comments

• lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Maybe you could buy slots to advertise your items.
    5000c for 5 slots? Yknow, to avoid spam and to not ruin shops at all. Or maybe 5k for 7 slots? 10?
  • KirodashiKirodashi Member
    edited July 2018
    lucaaa795 said:

Maybe you could buy slots to advertise your items.
    5000c for 5 slots? Yknow, to avoid spam and to not ruin shops at all. Or maybe 5k for 7 slots? 10?

That seems unnecessarily expensive. One idea would be to limit the amount of items you can have at once, and they wouldn't be kept 'for sale' forever, they would go back to the inventory after not being sold for a few days. To prevent alts, the number of slots could increase with level. (I say this as a low-level 25) to reward leveling up.

edit: In general I wouldn't want to have it be a paid service. But that's the devs' decision I guess. The point would be to make it easier and cheaper for everyone and paying for slots would go against that.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    I've seen this in other games, but typically they are games where you can't sell in game.

Personally, I'd like something like this, but would prefer it to actually be linked to the vend machines. Once you put something in a vend machine in your shop, it now will show up on the search list as long as your vend has items in it. Rather than purchasing the item immediately when you select the item, it warps you to the actual vend machine in the shop. That way you purchase from the vend, but can also browse the other items in that shop. It still keeps in-game shops relevant, allows players to see what the other players are charging globally so they can adjust their prices accordingly, and makes it easier for other players to find the things that are for sale in the shops. It would level the playing field for newer players who want to start shops as they now don't have to advertise their shops to get customers. They just need to save up enough cubits for a vend or two to get in the game.
  • -1 although this would be great as it would bring an efficient way of buying stuff, this would ruin vend shops as well as rental markets like Pen's...

• lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Flamerock said:

-1 although this would be great as it would bring an efficient way of buying stuff, this would ruin vend shops as well as rental markets like Pen's...

rentals are already dying.
  • -1...vends weren't very good....this will ruin shops altogether...no more fun shopping around...Just BING and ive got everything I need D:
  • b3achyb3achy Member

-1...vends weren't very good....this will ruin shops altogether...no more fun shopping around...Just BING and ive got everything I need D:

Honestly, it won't ruin vend shops. I played one game that originally had this type of selling first as mentioned in the OP. Later they added vend-like options and those shops flourished too. Some people enjoyed the social aspect of visiting the shops more than buying from a page. Those same people will continue to enjoy shopping around and will use vends more than this option. However, those that need massive amounts of materials and don't want to waste time shopping around or jumping from shop to shop with empty vends, then they have an efficient way to still obtain their items. It actually will help both communities.

I think there is a way to take it a step further and actually link the shopping page to the vends (to ensure they are complementary efforts and not competing efforts), so people would still have to visit the shops. That way everyone is helped by this system to include the newer players that don't have the cubits for hollas and don't realize they can post to the forums to announce their shops.
  • b3achy said:

-1...vends weren't very good....this will ruin shops altogether...no more fun shopping around...Just BING and ive got everything I need D:

Honestly, it won't ruin vend shops. I played one game that originally had this type of selling first as mentioned in the OP. Later they added vend-like options and those shops flourished too. Some people enjoyed the social aspect of visiting the shops more than buying from a page. Those same people will continue to enjoy shopping around and will use vends more than this option. However, those that need massive amounts of materials and don't want to waste time shopping around or jumping from shop to shop with empty vends, then they have an efficient way to still obtain their items. It actually will help both communities.

I think there is a way to take it a step further and actually link the shopping page to the vends (to ensure they are complementary efforts and not competing efforts), so people would still have to visit the shops. That way everyone is helped by this system to include the newer players that don't have the cubits for hollas and don't realize they can post to the forums to announce their shops.
    Oh, well, I meant that it will ruin non-vend shops. I own a non-vend shop :P I understand that it will help vends, but it seems too sad to me that it's encouraging vend shops and not old-fashion shops, I guess :P