Ability to annex realms. (sarcasm/joke)

AllunarAllunar Member
edited July 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
The ability to take realms as your own territory in Cubic Castles.

Make it happen.

Comments

• JuIiusJuIius Member
    I do not really understand how you want to "annex" realms. Also what would this do anyway
  • I don't think you understand the word 'annex'.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    ... Like add other realms of your own onto it...?
    Or like steal someone else's realm and say it's urs? xD
  • SweetPyxelSweetPyxel Member
    edited July 2018
    I want to assume that what you mean is either claiming a portion of a realm which is what the claim bumper and foundation is for or trading of realm deeds which probably isn't going to happen.
  • AllunarAllunar Member
    edited July 2018

I do not really understand how you want to "annex" realms. Also what would this do anyway

Great question to which I answer, it wouldn't work because there wouldn't be any real way to in current CC.

I don't think you understand the word 'annex'.

What gives you that idea?

... Like add other realms of your own onto it...?
    Or like steal someone else's realm and say it's urs? xD

Well hypothetically for it to be something in CC you would need some form of being able to seize the territory in the first place but yes effectively it would just be seizing a realm and making it yours.

I want to assume that what you mean is either claiming a portion of a realm which is what the claim bumper and foundation is for or trading of realm deeds which probably isn't going to happen.

Well neither of those really fit the definition of annex, both examples would be cession. To annex an area is to forcibly make that territory your own usually with military occupation. Therefor as it currently stands I don't see an accurate way for it to be incorporated into the game.

I suppose you could have something like if you own an extremely valuable realm you can annex a realm in a neighbouring tile.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    ummm this would bring war on cubic. Everyone would claim others' realms lol.
  • AllunarAllunar Member
    edited July 2018
    lucaaa795 said:

ummm this would bring war on cubic. Everyone would claim others' realms lol.

r/woooosh (https://www.reddit.com/r/woooosh/)

I've been waiting to use it since the thread began.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Yeah can't say I'm a fan of having my realms prospectively stolen.
    -1... million.
    edited July 2018
    oh wow bamboozeled
    Maybe if you didn't put it in "Suggestions and comments" it would've been more "logical"
    I'd make a cooler "joke" than yours related to r/woooosh but it won't go well.
  • I actually think this would work, but as taking over realm stamps in the overworld, it would add a new purpose for the overworld, and if you don’t want to have stamps popping up in your inventory all the time, you just deactivate your ability to participate in these “overwars”
  • Idk. It just feels like a no to me -1. People paid for their realms and with you taking them isn't the best thing. If they was an option so that people can take your realm but you can take their realms
  • Idk. It just feels like a no to me -1. People paid for their realms and with you taking them isn't the best thing. If they was an option so that people can take your realm but you can take their realms

I already explained a better option for this to work, look at my comment
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    Last thing I want is someone stealing my shop and all the vends in it...this is a big no to me given that I've paid for my realms and rooms to build in and enjoy, not worry about someone taking them. I really don't come here to play 'Risk'...I come here to mine, craft and build and enjoy the community without having to worry about 'takeovers' or people hacking my realms to overtake them.
    Guys, he is just joking. A bad tasteless joke.
  • lucaaa795 said:

Yep, stop replying to this with -1's, that's what he wants to see. He wasn't being serious, don't fall for his joke.
  • b3achy said:

Last thing I want is someone stealing my shop and all the vends in it...this is a big no to me given that I've paid for my realms and rooms to build in and enjoy, not worry about someone taking them. I really don't come here to play 'Risk'...I come here to mine, craft and build and enjoy the community without having to worry about 'takeovers' or people hacking my realms to overtake them.

It’s a joke like Lucaaa stated, however my suggestion makes some sense lol
  • lucaaa795 said:

oh wow bamboozeled
    Maybe if you didn't put it in "Suggestions and comments" it would've been more "logical"

Well actually it should just be a matter of common sense, you should be able to look at it and from common sense tell it isn't serious. The idea is ludicrous for that sake after all. Also just a minor observation but I tend to find your usually much more laid back than this, is it possible you may have lost your cool or been aggravated by the idea of missing the joke?

I actually think this would work, but as taking over realm stamps in the overworld, it would add a new purpose for the overworld, and if you don’t want to have stamps popping up in your inventory all the time, you just deactivate your ability to participate in these “overwars”

Sorry I'm confused.
    lucaaa795 said:

Very opinionated.
    JackFury said:

lucaaa795 said:

Yep, stop replying to this with -1's, that's what he wants to see. He wasn't being serious, don't fall for his joke.
    Wants to see? Not really, I'm interested in why you think so. In actual fact I'm rather puzzled myself on why Luca is getting so defensive on this. If anything I would just wish people would see a humorous approach to it rather than approach it seriously or get on the defensive.

Honestly, its such a ludicrous idea I assumed common sense would deduce this was a joke, I suppose everyone is incorrect sometimes.
  • Then maybe don't put in suggestions and comments then it's a joke
    We've seen weirder ideas that were taken serious by their OPs. You could have still wrote something such as "sarcasm" / "joke" at the end, beggining or even in the middle of the thread just to make it clearer
  • AllunarAllunar Member
    edited July 2018

Then maybe don't put in suggestions and comments then it's a joke

Despite the fact the idea is purposefully ludicrous it is by definition still a suggestion none the less, even if its obviously not going to be part of the game. The ludicrous nature of it should make it obvious enough anyway. Due to this I personally deduced it would not or should not vitiate the validity of what I assumed to be clearly a joke, I must of been incorrect.
    lucaaa795 said:

We've seen weirder ideas that were taken serious by their OPs. You could have still wrote something such as "sarcasm" / "joke" at the end, beggining or even in the middle of the thread just to make it clearer

Touche Luca, I suppose at the time I didn't consider it necessary but you would be correct in suggesting that would of solved a great deal of confusion. I apologise on my part of not correctly assessing the consequences of this thread without said altercations to make it more clear.
  • Yep your incorrect, I get it now that you've said it's a joke but putting it in a different category would be fine. I honestly don't care about suggestions. This one was an exception
  • Yep your incorrect, I get it now that you've said it's a joke but putting it in a different category would be fine. I honestly don't care about suggestions. This one was an exception

Perhaps, the other reason was simply that if it was what appeared to be a suggestion in a category that wasn't suggestions, it may prompt people to correct it as should be in the suggestion category. And overall it still was a suggestion, just an ironic one. I just even being a joke one don't see it going in something like general discussion for example.
  • There's an off-topic
  • There's an off-topic

Off-topic is more referring to not to do with CC in general, this is to do with CC and therefor it would not be off-topic.
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • lucaaa795 said:

oh wow bamboozeled

Well actually it should just be a matter of common sense, you should be able to look at it and from common sense tell it isn't serious. The idea is ludicrous for that sake after all. Also just a minor observation but I tend to find your usually much more laid back than this, is it possible you may have lost your cool or been aggravated by the idea of missing the joke?

I actually think this would work, but as taking over realm stamps in the overworld, it would add a new purpose for the overworld, and if you don’t want to have stamps popping up in your inventory all the time, you just deactivate your ability to participate in these “overwars”

Sorry I'm confused.
    lucaaa795 said:

Very opinionated.
    JackFury said:

lucaaa795 said:

Wants to see? Not really, I'm interested in why you think so. In actual fact I'm rather puzzled myself on why Luca is getting so defensive on this. If anything I would just wish people would see a humorous approach to it rather than approach it seriously or get on the defensive.

Honestly, its such a ludicrous idea I assumed common sense would deduce this was a joke, I suppose everyone is incorrect sometimes.
    Yes, it is a ludicrous idea, where common sense should speak otherwise. But these are the Cubic Castles Forums, the pinnacle of salty perfection, assumptions, and people taking things way too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • JackFury said:

lucaaa795 said:

oh wow bamboozeled

Sorry I'm confused.
    lucaaa795 said:

Very opinionated.
    JackFury said:

lucaaa795 said:

Yes, it is a ludicrous idea, where common sense should speak otherwise. But these are the Cubic Castles Forums, the pinnacle of salty perfection, assumptions, and people taking things way too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Touche, eh maybe I've just been away for too long.
  • JuIiusJuIius Member

I don't think you understand the word 'annex'.

I know full well, unless you are talking to ciel
  • I don't think you understand the word 'annex'.

I know full well, unless you are talking to ciel
    I got the impression they meant me considering the fact they didn't quote you in particular, that being said I could be wrong.
  • this is what the /s tag is for