Weekly Trivia Contests?

Would anyone be interested if I held a weekly trivia contest about non-cc related things? By this I mean, every week would be a different topic (like, one week it would be harry potter, the next kpop, the next xmen, the next youtubers. You see what I mean) possibly with the topic for the next week being voted on by the players present or here on the forum. I figure that way, theres more of a chance for everyone to win a prize than if I just did CC trivia. Like, maybe suzy doesn't know harry potter trivia, but she knows a tons about youtubers. So she waits until that trivia contest. and bob doesn't know anything about xmen but he could tell you for hours about his love for overwatch. So he waits until that trivia contest and lets someone else win the current one. Does that make sense? Im not great explaining.

As for the actual trivia, i would try to make it something that can't be instantly found on google to help prevent cheating. I'd ask probably 10 questions, gradually becoming more difficult. The starting prize would be small, maybe 20 cubits, but that would increase with the question difficulty.

Prizes would likely be:
1. 20c
2. 50c
3. 100c
4. 250c
5. 500c
6. 700
7. 850
8. 1000c
9. 1250c
10. 1500c

Comments

• Sure, Id love this, however the problem with many of stuff like these (mainly of the forums) is Google and all that...so if it's played ig sure...but forums would contain cheaters.
  • Rogue ThingRogue Thing Member
    edited July 2018
    Uhhhmmm My game, Quick Think...
    Now that we started everyone seems to be copying it.
  • Uhhhmmm My game, Quick Think...

Your game is slightly different. Yours is general knowledge every round. This is a cretain topic each time.
  • Flamerock said:

Sure, Id love this, however the problem with many of stuff like these (mainly of the forums) is Google and all that...so if it's played ig sure...but forums would contain cheaters.

I completely agree, that's why I would have the topic decided the week before and then spend the week trying to find questions that cannot be answers by just glancing at wikipedia or maybe a better idea would be to have a 15-30 second time limit to answer the question so people cant spend the time to search google?

I have never heard of your game. Also, its just trivia. Its existed for years.
  • Flamerock said:

Sure, Id love this, however the problem with many of stuff like these (mainly of the forums) is Google and all that...so if it's played ig sure...but forums would contain cheaters.

I completely agree, that's why I would have the topic decided the week before and then spend the week trying to find questions that cannot be answers by just glancing at wikipedia or maybe a better idea would be to have a 15-30 second time limit to answer the question so people cant spend the time to search google?
    With many people 30 seconds is more than enough time to type things up on google. 15 seconds would require a very fast types though.
  • Flamerock said:

Flamerock said:

With many people 30 seconds is more than enough time to type things up on google. 15 seconds would require a very fast types though.
    Ah, I see. I type quickly so I sometimes forget not everyone types the same as I do. Maybe inbetween then, around 20-25 seconds? I'll have to spend the first few contests working out the kinks, seeing what works best.
  • Rogue ThingRogue Thing Member
    edited July 2018
    Mine does have certain categories. Have you even been to a taping?!?
  • Zira-FellZira-Fell Member
    edited July 2018

Mine does have certain categories. Have you even been to a taping?!?

A taping? like a recording? I don't understand. Like I said, I had never heard of your game and I've never actually seen you in game even, just here on the forum. But I have seen tons of people do trivia contests.
  • Yeah but this is extremely similar. We have a category and each has questions related to it. The questions get more and more hard with more c goes to the teams bank. Plus if you have not heard about it, let's say we gave away ehh I do not know... 10.7k!
  • Yeah but this is extremely similar. We have a category and each has questions related to it. The questions get more and more hard with more c goes to the teams bank. Plus if you have not heard about it, let's say we gave away ehh I do not know... 10.7k!

Cool for you. But you do realise that just because you play a game, doesn't mean other people can't, right? Its not a idea you came up with, its been around for decades.Also, if you want to give away that much, go for it. But we can't all be entitled like that. But also, you said yours is catagories that each have questions related. Mine isn't like that. It would be one catagory each week, not multiple. And there wouldn't be teams or banks either. Just one player answering first and immediately getting the cubits they won. Less chance of scamming. So, you've just disproved the idea that I was copying you. The are similar in idea but completely different in execution.
  • I did not say I invented it you just did not go into detail at first.

Its not your game. Lol. Its @Capt. Capi
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited July 2018

Uhhhmmm My game, Quick Think...

Its not your game. Lol. Its @Capt. Capi
    We don't care... Just leave Herb doing it, and let everyone doing events they want to host if it is not the exact same as yours (same name and concept)... No offense to you Mad tho ^^