x2 cubits flash

x2 cubits flash is only for 1day?

Comments

• quote from SirKewberth: "You asked for this and we decided to deliver. Double cubits today!"

i think it is only for today.
  • _-_ i dont can buy,need mínimum 5days to join to shop and buy card ,:/ only 00,10%players buy :/
  • Advanced notice would increase sales as most of us don't have money on a card but rather it is in a bank which is closed today.

Rainchecks would work too for bank closed situations.

Things might be different if this were an adult game but it is far from it.
  • lucaaa795 said:

Intimate said:

Advanced notice would increase sales as most of us don't have money on a card but rather it is in a bank which is closed today.

Why wouldn't you have a credit / debit card.. Everyone has one these days.
    Ok maybe not one connected to your life savings but still. A card where you can put money is always handy.
    Cash is handy. You can buy steam gift cards. And food. I love food. XD
  • lucaaa795 said:

Intimate said:

Advanced notice would increase sales as most of us don't have money on a card but rather it is in a bank which is closed today.

Why wouldn't you have a credit / debit card.. Everyone has one these days.
    Ok maybe not one connected to your life savings but still. A card where you can put money is always handy.
    Cash is handy. You can buy steam gift cards. And food. I love food. XD
    I do have a debit card but it requires me to go to the (CLOSED) bank and get cash, then go to the store the card is on and give them cash to load on to the card. 'flash' sales is useless if we can't participate.

I guess I am not in the majority if everyone has a credit card at 8 to 18 years old.

Maybe devs can give a general idea of how many players actually buy cubits and the average age of players. Judging by players I run across I would estimate the average age to be 12. I would like to know for sure though.
  • i try to buy in 3 days :C,and i dont can buy with is only 1day :C
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Yeah pretty terrible idea to do this at the end of the steam summer sale with no heads up or warning.
    They could've started with everyone else and done the sale for the full period like all other games on steam.
    Now the majority of steam users will have already spent their available money in the steam summer sale meaning we aint gonna have any funds left to participate in this flash sale. Me included.
  • We’ve had other flash sales iirc (kew dad sale), so I think the community will be able to get through this.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Yeah just the timing is ridiculous for pc players. I spend loads in the steam summer sale and would've definitely participated in this. Alas anyone on steam right now has empty wallets due to literally 1000s of games being on for the past 2 weeks.
  • I wish they told about this beforehand too, I buy cubits once per month in the beginning of the month for 50$. I bought Julys set of cubits on 3rd of July, and then on 4th, they announce double cubits?!?! Yes very fair...
  • I had a feeling there would be something in particular with the whole July 4th thing,but as mst the comments previous to mine has stated,I honestly do wish we had “beforehand” notice that way I could purchase cubits before hand. Meh.
  • Marshka said:

I wish they told about this beforehand too, I buy cubits once per month in the beginning of the month for 50$. I bought Julys set of cubits on 3rd of July, and then on 4th, they announce double cubits?!?! Yes very fair...

Try asking for a refund through whatever you bought it through (steam, App Store, etc)
    And if you get it you can buy 2x with the same 50$.
  • lucaaa795 said:

Kirodashi said:

Marshka said:

I wish they told about this beforehand too, I buy cubits once per month in the beginning of the month for 50$. I bought Julys set of cubits on 3rd of July, and then on 4th, they announce double cubits?!?! Yes very fair...

Try asking for a refund through whatever you bought it through (steam, App Store, etc)
    And if you get it you can buy 2x with the same 50$.
    He meant that he bought cubits on 3rd and doubles went live on 4th
    You might have a chance to double them but its up to support. Show them the transaction and maybe theyll be kind to you since its only a day off
    I know that... I was saying that he could refund the 50$ that he spent on normal cubits and use the same money to buy a double pack.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    In our defense it was not a planned sale. There was a thread specifically requesting a July 4th sale and we decided to do it. It was kind of a last minute thing. I realize the timing of a flash sale may not be great for all kinds of different reasons. (steam/lack of notice etc..) Sorry if some of you were dissapointed, but it's always kind of like this with sales. I've missed quite a few over the years because the timing wasn't right for me.
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited July 2018

In our defense it was not a planned sale. There was a thread specifically requesting a July 4th sale and we decided to do it. It was kind of a last minute thing. I realize the timing of a flash sale may not be great for all kinds of different reasons. (steam/lack of notice etc..) Sorry if some of you were dissapointed, but it's always kind of like this with sales. I've missed quite a few over the years because the timing wasn't right for me.

Exactly. Why does everyone think this was thought out beforehand? It was asked for by a couple players a few days ago in a discussion, and Kew decided to do it. I'm glad he did; it's better than nothing. It wasn't a planned sale, that's literally what "flash sale" means. You guys need to give the devs some grace...everything doesnt always work out perfectly for everyone and they're trying their best.
    So you missed out on it. So what? There will be another sale on Black Friday like always, and that's only 5 months away now. All the advance notice in the world. Just save your money until then if you must :)
  • JackFury said:

Exactly. Why does everyone think this was thought out beforehand? It was asked for by a couple players a few days ago in a discussion, and Kew decided to do it. I'm glad he did; it's better than nothing. It wasn't a planned sale, that's literally what "flash sale" means. You guys need to give the devs some grace...everything doesnt always work out perfectly for everyone and they're trying their best.
    So you missed out on it. So what? There will be another sale on Black Friday like always, and that's only 5 months away now. All the advance notice in the world. Just save your money until then if you must :)
    Indeed, I’m like “poor devs!”
  • edited July 2018
    Devs need a t-shirt that reads "We Can Never Win".
  • b3achyb3achy Member

Devs need a t-shirt that reads "We Can Never Win".

^^^^^ LOL...so much this!

BTW, Thanks for the flash sale Devs!! I wasn't planning to buy any cubits any time soon, but with the sale I made the flash decision to purchase some to support the game. Thanks for the bonus cubits for the holiday! :)