Lot 12 Summer Item Feedback

VelvetlotusVelvetlotus Member
edited July 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
Lilo, inflatable ring/shark/alligator/unicorn, surfboard, fruit salad, ice cream, ice lolly, many styles of shades, shorts, grass skirts, picnic basket, bucket and spade, water gun, fan, volleyball/tennis net...

Just some of the items that could have been used in the summer lots. Instead, we get a first aid kit... Not sure I see the "summer" resemblance but at this point I am thankful I don't go on holiday with developers/designers at Cosmic Cow!

Comments

• b3achyb3achy Member
    It's a camping/fishing theme this summer...a first aid kit would be a necessity in the woods. Nice tie in with the new Deep Forest mines too...just saying, it seems like it is a mountain/camping/fishing summer vacation, not a beach one this year...
  • VelvetlotusVelvetlotus Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm saying to need a first aid kit, you'd have to have a lot of injuries. I'll agree its a smart item for any trip, but THIS IS A GAME. It doesn't really add much in terms of content. If you could heal yourself from it in a parkour realm then yeah, it'd make sense, but its just a prop... And in my opinion, nothing to do with summer really and a very boring one when you could use development time to make something much better.
    I think I'd cringe at the kid who gets excited about owning one in game.
  • 'Sir.Fox''Sir.Fox' Member
    edited July 2018

I'm saying to need a first aid kit, you'd have to have a lot of injuries. I'll agree its a smart item for any trip, but THIS IS A GAME. It doesn't really add much in terms of content. If you could heal yourself from it in a parkour realm then yeah, it'd make sense, but its just a prop... And in my opinion, a very boring one when you could use development time to make something much better.

Its beeter than a grill, or coolers at least it does stuff. But stop complaining would you rather have no items?

And also why cringe they are very rare.. only one day to buy them.
  • 'Sir.Fox' said:

I'm saying to need a first aid kit, you'd have to have a lot of injuries. I'll agree its a smart item for any trip, but THIS IS A GAME. It doesn't really add much in terms of content. If you could heal yourself from it in a parkour realm then yeah, it'd make sense, but its just a prop... And in my opinion, a very boring one when you could use development time to make something much better.

Its beeter than a grill, or coolers at least it does stuff. But stop complaining would you rather have no items?

And also why cringe they are very rare.. only one day to buy them.
    Two days actually, but beside the point. Coolers and bbqs make nice props in hang outs because they add to the atmosphere of summer. But a first aid kit? Surely that would only remind you of the bazillion mosquito bites your mum made you wear stinky cream to get rid of the itching, the injuries you sustained while having fun... Surely that is a bit masochistic thinking of injuries O_o

It would be better in a "hospital" themed pack... Which could get very sketchy in this game if released O_o

• DeemzDeemz Member
    me grilling with mi tongs, me get burnt, what should me do?
  • Well with it you can now have a medic tent and it fits into military themed stuff too
    edited July 2018
    'Sir.Fox' said:

But stop complaining would you rather have no items?

Hold on a second... They're not free you know, its premium content - you'd need to save your daily cubits for a month to afford one, and unlikely in time to purchase it. I never said I would not have no items, but I did say there's better ideas for items out there which are more fitting for the theme.

And military doesn't really fit "summer" theme either, the content is advertised as a summer event. MISLEADING ADVERTISEMENT!

• 'Sir.Fox' said:

Hold on a second... They're not free you know, its premium content - you'd need to save your daily cubits for a month to afford one, and unlikely in time to purchase it. I never said I would not have no items, but I did say there's better ideas for items out there which are more fitting for the theme.

And military doesn't really fit "summer" theme either, its from a summer event.
    Eh atleast its a new item, i like it. But just dont buy it then...
    edited July 2018
    'Sir.Fox' said:

'Sir.Fox' said:

And military doesn't really fit "summer" theme either, its from a summer event.
    Eh atleast its a new item, i like it. But just dont buy it then...
    One problem with your suggestion: nobody knows exactly what the item is as its labelled "lot (x)" before you purchase. While you derail the topic of the point - it is not really a "summer" item.

And before you suggest selling it, I'd rather keep a useless item than lose cubits as most items purchased do not sell for the same you paid for it.
    Deemz said:

me grilling with mi tongs, me get burnt, what should me do?

Jump on a heal block like everyone else.
  • I would be happy to go on holidays with cc devs.
  • Two sentences:

Its done and already made, deal with it.

Developers decided to put it in for a reason, sure I don't know for WHAT reason, but I agree that a MedKit out if all things is kinda off.
  • Two sentences:

Its done and already made, deal with it.

Developers decided to put it in for a reason, sure I don't know for WHAT reason, but I agree that a MedKit out if all things is kinda off.

That's the point: it doesn't really have a reason. Glad you're finally starting to understand.

Hopefully next you'll understand that feedback is an important part of design - especially to game designers, negative or positive. Though little tip if you feel the need to leave a negative comment about something: always leave comments on why it doesn't work and a positive suggestion of how it could work better.

~junior game developer

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I was thinking of things you'd bring camping. A first aid kit is not uncommon for camping. Anyway.. that's how it tied in in my mind.
  • lucaaa795 said:

I was thinking of things you'd bring camping. A first aid kit is not uncommon for camping. Anyway.. that's how it tied in in my mind.

yeah what if you get bit by a snake or break your leg while climbing to some higher spot where you can put your tent down? respect for the first aid kit. I love it
    Same, and it’s a great addition to cc!
  • I'm yet to see a snake in cc... Please tell me this is a hint of a later release, I love snakes!