Rainbow flag in store! <3

DISCLAIMER:
If you are homophobic, you honestly don't have a place in this discussion, your opinion is invalid on the topic.
Even if you try to deny it, people can tell.

I'm going to suggest this here because the wall post has become cluttered, and off-topic.
Basically: A Rainbow flag for LGBTQ+ Pride. It would no doubt be easy to implement.
The flag represents pride and acceptance, which are great things to be associated with.

@CosmicCow @SirKewberth I'm gonna tag y'all here ^^

Comments

• noentnoent Member
    Wow yeah this is awesome idea!! +1
  • NoeNt said:

Take your satire somewhere else.
  • noentnoent Member
    Kirodashi said:

NoeNt said:

Take your satire somewhere else.
    Huh? I like it mate whats wrong with you?
  • AshibugAshibug Member
    edited June 2018
    Noe you're dismissed. You complain about the drama but only feed it. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Edit: I support it, didn't go through the first time
  • AroeAroe Member
    +1

Lovely idea!

The best part is that if you like the beauty of it, you can buy it, but you can also choose to have it represent you in a different way if you’d like!
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    This has nothing to do with LGBTQ+ Pride or something like that!!
    No, this flag is aaalll about PONY'SSSS.!!
  • I support it :D! We have other rainbow things in game like rainbow blocks. LET THE RAINBOWS POUR IN!
  • I like rainbows so yes +1
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Well i support the rainbow flag, but one problem is that it highly likely wont be happening since the dev try to keep stuff like politics and such out of the game

Maybe its ment just for fun like unicorns and people can think its for lgbtq+ pride?
  • Well i support the rainbow flag, but one problem is that it highly likely wont be happening since the dev try to keep stuff like politics and such out of the game

Maybe its ment just for fun like unicorns and people can think its for lgbtq+ pride?

But the thing is, people don’t usually associate rainbows for that, they usually have lgbtq popping in their heads, I respect all your guys opinion, but honestly, this shouldn’t be implemented, politics u know, etc
  • >:D yes I love it +90000000000
  • +1 who wouldn't want a rainbow next to their nametag?
  • Im not here to bash but -1. Here are my reasons why
    • Players with it in their realms/rooms would and could get cyber-bullied and feel bad. They may want to attempt suicide. And could. Many people have attempted suicide because they were bullied due to people finding out they were gay or lesbian.
    • In today's world. When people think of a rainbow flag, they think LGBT. Now, outside of the U.S. it wouldn't be a huge problem. If their wasn't a U.S. at all, I would say yes, because most LGBT people are in the U.S. But, I am not dissing the idea. As long as they are happy, Im happy, were all happy, and the world is a better place.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    I dislike the fact that human rights are a political thing anyway, but hey maybe that's just me.
    Also, it's just a rainbow lol the sky has them and idk if the sky is lgbt+. I'm for this 100%, whether it's to show I'm okay with lgbt+ people or to show that I love color is up to you bigots to decide ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AroeAroe Member

Im not here to bash but -1. Here are my reasons why

• Players with it in their realms/rooms would and could get cyber-bullied and feel bad. They may want to attempt suicide. And could. Many people have attempted suicide because they were bullied due to people finding out they were gay or lesbian.
    • In today's world. When people think of a rainbow flag, they think LGBT. Now, outside of the U.S. it wouldn't be a huge problem. If their wasn't a U.S. at all, I would say yes, because most LGBT people are in the U.S. But, I am not dissing the idea. As long as they are happy, Im happy, were all happy, and the world is a better place.
    These reasons you provided are hardly valid.

First off, you start by saying that having a rainbow flag next to you name could cause cyber bullying, which could then have a snowball-like effect on one’s mental health which may eventually lead to suicide?

That’s not the flags fault, that’s the bullies. If you want to get rid of this issue than start spreading positivity and awareness, don’t force people to hide who they are/want to be for fear of what could become of them.

Your second reason as to why you don’t want this in effect doesn’t really make sense.

This flag is designed as a support symbol for the LGBTQ+ Community, so of course they’d want it to represent them in such a way. You say that you wouldn’t care if “their wasn’t a U.S at all” but what does that mean exactly??

I dislike the fact that human rights are a political thing anyway, but hey maybe that's just me.
    Also, it's just a rainbow lol the sky has them and idk if the sky is lgbt+. I'm for this 100%, whether it's to show I'm okay with lgbt+ people or to show that I love color is up to you bigots to decide ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree with you, Ashi.

People can have it represent them in anyway they want, and everyone else should just keep their mouths shut and let them live.
  • Aroe said:

First off, you start by saying that having a rainbow flag next to you name could cause cyber bullying, which could then have a snowball-like effect on one’s mental health which may eventually lead to suicide?

That’s not the flags fault, that’s the bullies. If you want to get rid of this issue than start spreading positivity and awareness, don’t force people to hide who they are/want to be for fear of what could become of them.

Your second reason as to why you don’t want this in effect doesn’t really make sense.

This flag is designed as a support symbol for the LGBTQ+ Community, so of course they’d want it to represent them in such a way. You say that you wouldn’t care if “their wasn’t a U.S at all” but what does that mean exactly??

I agree with you, Ashi.

People can have it represent them in anyway they want, and everyone else should just keep their mouths shut and let them live.
    I didnt say I am against it. So I dont understand why your coming at me so negatively. Yes, when people see the flag, people think of LGBT. People with the flag can get bullied and can put themselves in harms way.

And if you want me to spread positiveity around, I cant do it alone. It needs to take thousands and hundreds of people to do it. So maybe you could ask around and start it instead of being a littile snot just for my opinion. If you cant respect it, you dont need to be here, because people have opinions.
  • Aroe said:

I agree with you, Ashi.

I didnt say I am against it. So I dont understand why your coming at me so negatively. Yes, when people see the flag, people think of LGBT. People with the flag can get bullied and can put themselves in harms way.

And if you want me to spread positiveity around, I cant do it alone. It needs to take thousands and hundreds of people to do it. So maybe you could ask around and start it instead of being a littile snot just for my opinion. If you cant respect it, you dont need to be here, because people have opinions.
    Well then they can take the flag off. Or report the people doing it..
  • Kirodashi said:

Aroe said:

I agree with you, Ashi.

Well then they can take the flag off. Or report the people doing it..
    True, but me being bullied in game and reporting and see the person bulling some one else, its upsetting (before I made a fourms account)
  • I have an unpopular opinion on this, and it’s that lgbtq people don’t need this flag to feel special, if they get one, then there should be one with a cross on it for Christianity, one with Down syndrome logo to represent that group, etc. This shouldn’t be implemented simply because it’s politics, it’s controversial, if they get one, other groups should get one, and this game should not have politics involved, there’s enough salt as it is
  • AroeAroe Member
    edited June 2018

Aroe said:

I agree with you, Ashi.

I respect your opinion of not wanting to have this implemented, but I disagree with your reasons why, as they’re hardly applicable or reasonable—therefore making your opinion quiestionable.

Also, you don’t have to have whole armada of players behind you to spread positivity. If someone’s being bullied, you don’t need to call all your friends to come help you stop it, it should be enough for you to find your humanity and help them by yourself.

Luckily, you can take screenshots or videos of any bullying going on in game and the Developers will surely handle it with finesse. Also, if it’s really such a negative toll on one’s health, they do have the option to remove the flag altogether, like Kirodashi said.

But thanks for trying to explain, anyways.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Gender expression is a mature topic that can, but doesn't have to be politicized. Still, the inevitable political nature means it is the kind of thing that we normally stay away from.

That being said I don't really oppose a rainbow flag so I will consider adding it for the future. People should be allowed to be as they are, and if it makes someone happy to have the option then I have no issue. We have incidentally had people make clans and realms with these themes. It wasn't a big issue. I think it boils down to HOW the subject matter is approached. If you just want to rock a nice flag and be yourself, then I think it should be ok.

But if you're using the game as a place for activisim, then it's not really the right place for it and probably better suited to an adult political forum or school etc.. Many players are younger and don't come here for that.
This discussion has been closed.