Joint Realm Ownership

JackFuryJackFury Member
edited June 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
Why isn't this a thing? :o If you're doing a joint building project with someone, only one of you gets to be the 'owner's. Why can't there be a way for two people to own one realm? Here's my idea:

Item: Official Title Deed
These work like official papers. You select the realm with the papers, and a menu appears. On top is a box to type in the username of the person you're splitting equal ownership with. Under that are 2 more boxes for witnesses. Type in the usernames of those who you want to witness it. Then the player you want to share ownership with and the 2 witnesses have a confirmation box to allow the deed to take effect, and an "are you sure?" box after.

Once all have confirmed it, the realm is now owned by 2 people. If you type in /owner in the realm, it says 'Owner: ______ and ______'. The realm will appear in the 'Your Realms' section of the Lobby bumper for the new owner. Both have access to all the setup and permissions and such. This would be great for joint projects :D

Yes, I know some of you will say, "But there will be 'scammers' who will trick people into giving them ownership!" Maybe so, but that's what the witnesses are for. And the admins would have the ability to revoke ownership of one party or the other if things got bad. "Yes, but there will still be scammers!" So what? We cannot continue to let ourselves be held back from new things just because some stupid people will allow others to take advantage of them. Those stupid people will always exist, and will always do things like freely giving away joint ownership and then placing their valuables within easy reach. But we don't need to miss out on useful updates (not that I'm saying this could become a thing, it's just a suggestion) because of those who don't deserve to be playing an online game that gives them a small taste of the real world >.>

So in reality, is this a possibility? Can it be coded? I'm both curious and hopeful about it; this would be an amazing feature. Eagance, please do not comment a long list of negatives, why this won't work, and how people will be robbed. That's their fault. We can't trash good ideas just because gullible people lose their stuff :)

Also, this suggestion doesn't have to be the only way joint ownership could be a thing. This in itself might not work, but there could be some other way to make it work! Anyone else have ideas?
@SirKewberth

Comments

• I want this, its a great way to show effort when two people are making awesome realms.

+1
  • Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    This would be cool :O
    Only Me could become Only Owners and Me and My Friends would maybe include both people's friend lists?
  • This would be cool :O
    Only Me could become Only Owners and Me and My Friends would maybe include both people's friend lists?

Yep
  • +30m

Yes, Yes, Yesssssssss! :O

MAKE THIS A THING! :3
  • I like this idea! I don't see why a person would be against other than scamming. Boy remember the massive backlash against having a hidey bumper being added. THE SCAMMERS THE SCAMMERS the hot debate that brewed for weeks on the old forums. It be nice to have such a feature to properly showcase peoples efforts.
  • I like this idea! I don't see why a person would be against other than scamming. Boy remember the massive backlash against having a hidey bumper being added. THE SCAMMERS THE SCAMMERS the hot debate that brewed for weeks on the old forums. It be nice to have such a feature to properly showcase peoples efforts.

Oh yes, I remember that. That was a mess. But did anything bad actually come of the hidey bumper? Nope, it's an amazing and useful block. Too many people are hesitant to agree with suggestions because all they think of is 'scammers' ;-;
    Broaden your horizons peeps :D
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited June 2018
    JackFury said:

I like this idea! I don't see why a person would be against other than scamming. Boy remember the massive backlash against having a hidey bumper being added. THE SCAMMERS THE SCAMMERS the hot debate that brewed for weeks on the old forums. It be nice to have such a feature to properly showcase peoples efforts.

Oh yes, I remember that. That was a mess. But did anything bad actually come of the hidey bumper? Nope, it's an amazing and useful block. Too many people are hesitant to agree with suggestions because all they think of is 'scammers' ;-;
    Broaden your horizons peeps :D
    well, if there were no whisper messages to see the scammer name, then it would have been worse x-x
  • +1
    I like this.
  • +1! Yes!
  • Question: How do you remove the joint ownership?
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited June 2018

Question: How do you remove the joint ownership?

I'm sure there would be another item added that would make this possible. However, players would have to agree to it. If the person you shared ownership with sucks, there's not much you can do about it, seeing as their claim is equal to yours. But if they didn't have to agree to it, one player could just as easily kick the other without consent, and boy would that be a mess. Like I said in the suggestion, the admins would retain the ability to kick one or the other if things got bad.