What Defines An "Old Player"

Comments

• SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    I think what makes you an "old player" is, very simply, relative to the amount of time you have been playing compared to someone who has just started. As for how long that time span needs to be for you to be considered an "old player" is arbitrary and differs for everyone, just like IRL, what makes a person's age old? Kinda of the same thing, I remember when I was very young thinking my parents were very old (even though they were in there 20's) but as you get older, what you consider to be older changes :)
  • 30x30 starter realm if iam right and pjs was 10k
  • AllunarAllunar Member
    I think it depends on opinion but if I would be more likely to class someone as older or younger in terms of how long they have been playing rather than old or new.
  • When you remember that clouds were sold in The cubit store 5c each :P
  • OrenjiOrenji Member
    scorto7 said:

Aah yes...when lobbies did not exist yet and the overworld had a far greater impact onyour gameplay.

Mhm, no lobbies! I would see people talking to each other outside my realm.
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    Like in the outside world, you won't have experience unless you invest time on it, simply putting life as an example, a 60-yr old veteran soldier would have more experience on the war than a middle age cadet

So yeah, that's what pretty much explains what an old player is

Here are the things that i remember back in the days:

Sunny Lobby, winter lobby, desert lobby and all that, OH and the sign on the dark lobby

back when the level cap was 50

i still remember the time when nametags were like 3k or something (iirc 9k for 3 nametags), i also remember when exe wasn't that much of a hassle to buy since it's just 1k, chef coats were also the fashion trend (i think some still do it up to now)

when there were no vending machines you had to be online all the time and watch your shop (or just holla .-.)

oh and the first hinterclause event, the one with grey as the elf
    watching the livestream was hilarious, one part gdog had to do his business in the bathroom and while he was doing that the other guys just put him on top of a toilet, when he came back it was the most golden reaction

• DeemzDeemz Member
    edited May 2018
    I Consider 2014-2016 Players “Old Players”

Old Players Are The Players Who Still Remembered The Fun On Hopping Those Rockets And Roaming Through The Overworld, The Old Layout Of The Shop And How Mineable/Craftable Items Are Still In The Store, The Days When Cash Regs Cost Upwards Of 1k And Where Piggy Trading Is Still Rampant, The Days When The Blue Course Is Considered Hard And Kewberth’s OOFice is Really Frustrating. The Old Shops, The Frustration When The Owner’s Not Online And You Desperately Want An Item, The Difficulity Of Advertising To A Mass Audience When You Dont Have Any hollas, the Flodding Of The Chat With Hollas In New Years, Those Times Man!

Old Players Are The Players That Went Through The Journey With Cc Itself. The Old Players Are The One That Help Make Cubic Castles, Cubic Castles.

(Personally I Played Cc Waay Back Since July 2015, So I Consider Myself An Old Player)
  • Thank you all for responding! It seems the general consensus is play experience defines what makes a player an old player.

@Ware Pre steam launch players, you know the people who used the forums before the forums before the forums, the og forums equals ancient-fossils lol. You sir are a living breathing fossil *claps*.

@Pyreon remember when Gdog was asked by a viewer the question of why Baboons butts were red?
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited May 2018

...You sir are a living breathing fossil *claps*.

Looking at posters posts is enough to make me feel like a fossil lol.
    eg.
    "I remember when cash registers cost X amount"..
    I Remember when we didn't have them and traded by dropping or even by tip pigs.

"I remember when the level cap was X"
    I Remember when we didn't have levels. For a long time we didn't have a level system.

I Could go on, but like i said.. just reading this topic makes me feel like a fossil, let alone being called one. lmao.
  • edited May 2018
    Hinter got his own fossil art, BJD needs his now lol.

You can wave your feather hat at all the young whipper snappers. BACK IN MY DAY THERE WERE NO CLOTHING SLOTS AND YOU COULD STACK ON ANYTHING YOU DESIRED. THE USER PANDA HE WAS A MONSTROSITY! Something like that :P.
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    @-GreyCoralKing- yes i did and it was platinum comedy
  • when zombie masks were over 20k @_@ good times... good good times
  • CamlannCamlann Member
    I think an old players knows all of this

*Beta tree was spreaded in game
    *Kramps were 15k
    *1st Halloween Pack is 1k (includes Dino,Monster,Witch,Robot,Skull,Zombie)
    *Decos worth 1k+ each item
    *OY scarfs 200k
    *Chickenlips was the RICHEST player before
    *Halos 10k
    *Bunnytops 10k
    *Cheese heads 25k @Superxtreme bought them
    *Roman 25k (Chickenlips was collecting)
    *Monsters were 10k before
    *Dinoes 20k before
    *Skull 12-15k before
    *Witch 12-15k before
    *Zombie 18k before
    *RG and BW scarfs were 7-9k before
    *Pumpkin decos were 2-3k/Headstone were not writeable like signs before and cost 4-5k/Cauldrons 5k
    *Easter tops and Bonnets were 5k
    *Old Cubit Store
    Old Mods that quitted
    *Jack Sparrow

Trending clans before
    One Above All
    Nexus
    BJdware's Clan (Amicorum I think I forgot)

Best Realms before
    Hinter's Amusement Parks
    Gdog's Old Kennel

• PyreonPyreon Member

*Kramps were 15k
    *OY scarfs 200k
    *Halos 10k
    *Bunnytops 10k
    *Dinoes 20k before
    *Skull 12-15k before
    *Witch 12-15k before
    *Zombie 18k before
    *Pumpkin decos were 2-3k/Headstone were not writeable like signs before and cost 4-5k/Cauldrons 5k
    *Old Cubit Store
    Old Mods that quitted
    *Jack Sparrow

Trending clans before
    One Above All
    Nexus

Best Realms before
    Hinter's Amusement Parks
    Gdog's Old Kennel

Yes it was Amicorum, 'till they paired with super qbees i think, and then it became Super Amicorum

Oh and yes Hinter's Amazing Amusements was a great trend, it was a challenge to complete every single room there
    sometimes i'd camp gdog's realm just to meet him atleast once lmao

I don't know where KnoP is rn but yeah, probably real life duties

chickenlips just vanished into the darkness, he has a thousand cthulu masks though
  • I think an old players knows all of this

*Kramps were 15k
    *OY scarfs 200k
    *Halos 10k
    *Bunnytops 10k
    *Dinoes 20k before
    *Skull 12-15k before
    *Witch 12-15k before
    *Zombie 18k before
    *Old Cubit Store
    Old Mods that quitted
    *Jack Sparrow

Trending clans before
    One Above All
    Nexus

Best Realms before
    Hinter's Amusement Parks
    Gdog's Old Kennel

i thought that jack sparrow was fired... ive heard many rumors, read many complains about him from other places but have never heard the truth...
  • MarieAraMarieAra MexicoMember

*Kramps were 15k
    *OY scarfs 200k
    *Halos 10k
    *Bunnytops 10k
    *Dinoes 20k before
    *Skull 12-15k before
    *Witch 12-15k before
    *Zombie 18k before
    *Old Cubit Store
    Old Mods that quitted
    *Jack Sparrow

Trending clans before
    One Above All
    Nexus

Best Realms before
    Hinter's Amusement Parks
    Gdog's Old Kennel

i thought that jack sparrow was fired... ive heard many rumors, read many complains about him from other places but have never heard the truth...
    That means you're not old enough, Pickle boi ;)
  • MarieAra said:

*Kramps were 15k
    *OY scarfs 200k
    *Halos 10k
    *Bunnytops 10k
    *Dinoes 20k before
    *Skull 12-15k before
    *Witch 12-15k before
    *Zombie 18k before
    *Old Cubit Store
    Old Mods that quitted
    *Jack Sparrow

Trending clans before
    One Above All
    Nexus

Best Realms before
    Hinter's Amusement Parks
    Gdog's Old Kennel

That means you're not old enough, Pickle boi ;)
    might not be that old but im pretty sure im special XD
  • Cafe De TernoCafe De Terno Member
    edited May 2018
    (delete it,bad internet posted 2 times )
  • No lobby :D , old cc store interface :D , When rubbers are the new " cubit " , that was commum sell things for rubbers, idk what year was that, but was awesome

when gold are soo much rare, when PontoZen were lvl 15, first time that I meet him

when cubesensei not was mod, he be mod, and now idk :D

when fetus wasn't a moderator too, thease times I has him in friendlist XDD

When gdog helped me when I got scammed my 1 time, I was newby and cash was expensiveeee

ah, good times
  • PyreonPyreon Member

No lobby :D , old cc store interface :D , When rubbers are the new " cubit " , that was commum sell things for rubbers, idk what year was that, but was awesome

when gold are soo much rare, when PontoZen were lvl 15, first time that I meet him

When gdog helped me when I got scammed my 1 time, I was newby and cash was expensiveeee

ah, good times

Oh god, the rubber currency
    I was grinding so much rubber because i think i needed about 100k or something to get a black cat kennel
    It was a great concept on trying to get rescources for builds anyway
  • No lobby :D , old cc store interface :D , When rubbers are the new " cubit " , that was commum sell things for rubbers, idk what year was that, but was awesome

ah, good times

i miss the rubber currency too (even with some problems)

and i miss the old times when PontoZen was lower then lvl 15, i think i have met him at level 3-5
  • StevilStevil Member
    I remember spending lots of time trying to find a spot for my realm in Eden, and finally deciding to just take another world instead.
  • ValleyValley Member
    I can’t remember when I joined or what it was like but the only thing I really remember when I joined was that Valyreena’s name was Princess Valentine. I met her about a month or two after I joined lol
  • People that have seen the old forums and old cubit store ?
  • Anyone remember the clan Sugardale? I wanted to be a part of that clan so bad because it looked so cool. I remember watching the sorting ceremony where qbees got sorted into different groups!
  • I remember that the stranger who sold me my first shirt and pants for 7 cubit would be a millionaire right now,
    and the person I met in a forest realm while mining trees and gave me a cash reg was the owner of a famous rental. How innocent am I to know..
  • anyone else remember the weekly realm showcase in the town center long long ago?
  • DrakayDrakay Member
    edited May 2018
    I remember when I,first saw a ramm house I thought it’s was a snail and when people had to waste hundreds of hats to get a recube it was horrible, everything was so expensive like a Krampus 400k .
    I have been playing 2 years and a half
  • lucaaa795 said:

Anyone remember the clan Sugardale? I wanted to be a part of that clan so bad because it looked so cool. I remember watching the sorting ceremony where qbees got sorted into different groups!

I was in it and I have to say that it was awesome! We even had classes and our own houses. Cant forget sugardale!
    What is sugardale and what was it like?
  • Wow that sounds so fun. Was it like a roleplay clan kinda.