U.S. laws that could get forum and game users in trouble, along with Cosmic Cow!

In the U.S. it is illegal to be under 13 years of age and have any kind of social media (like forums and discord). I think you should have CC a 13+ game. Anyone under 13 should be banned.

Even if you live outside of the U.S, you should be banned if your under 13 because CC is an American game.

Why did I bring this up? The player can get a fine and Cosmic Cow can get sued.

Comments

• OrenjiOrenji Member
    ‘-‘ That’s why there’s parental controls.
  • The company can not get sued, it is why terms and conditions are in place. The company can not be held responsible if stipulations are laid forth and a person goes against them. Terms and Conditions are a safety net putting any responsibility on those who agree to it even if they are not meeting the rules.
  • LateCom said:

majority of the players in cc is below the age of 13, and even if there was a rule implemented, how would you be able to distinguish between a sub 13 year old and a 13+ player anyways.

‘-‘ That’s why there’s parental controls.

The company can not get sued, it is why terms and conditions are in place. The company can not be held responsible if stipulations are laid forth and a person goes against them. Terms and Conditions are a safety net putting any responsibility on those who agree to it even if they are not meeting the rules.

I mean on forums.
  • OrenjiOrenji Member

The company can not get sued, it is why terms and conditions are in place. The company can not be held responsible if stipulations are laid forth and a person goes against them. Terms and Conditions are a safety net putting any responsibility on those who agree to it even if they are not meeting the rules.

^
  • The company can not get sued, it is why terms and conditions are in place. The company can not be held responsible if stipulations are laid forth and a person goes against them. Terms and Conditions are a safety net putting any responsibility on those who agree to it even if they are not meeting the rules.

^
    That may be true, but people are dumb and THEY can sue them for whatever there dumb reason is.
  • OrenjiOrenji Member
    Forums has been hear for a long time and still hasn’t been sued. ‘-‘
  • Forums has been hear for a long time and still hasn’t been sued. ‘-‘

Doesn't mean they can't....never know.
  • So yes it is illegal under many US Federal Branches, and Laws to do anything or have any involvement on a internet social "web" (YouTube Accounts, Forums, Google Accounts, and many more). However, as @-GreyCoralKing- has mentioned, the game (Cubic Castles) has a thing in Terms of Services (ToS):
    2.Age Requirement. Cubic Castles is a game intended for all audiences. By accepting the Terms of Service when playing Cubic Castles, you affirm that you are of 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 years old you may play with parental supervision. Child safety is a high priority for Cosmic Cow. As such, children under the age of 13 may create an account only with parental supervision. Account emails must be those of a parent or guardian if an email is provided. We recommend parents or guardians play with their children, and use our parent safety features provided in the game as they deem appropriate. Cosmic Cow does not collect personal information from players playing Cubic Castles.
    http://cubiccastles.com/terms_of_service.php

Directly in the ToS, it states that you agree you are Thirteen (13) Years of age. So if you are not Thirteen years of age, then you have violated the ToS already, and therefore you have violated a law, not Cosmic Cow Games (Creator for CC), as they have stated you, as the player, need to follow a term.

When you play the game, and/or click the 'Play' Button, you automatically agree to the ToS.

In addition to this, this law was never really enforced, both on CC and by the US Federal Government. There are many users that are under 13 and use the internet/have an account on the internet. People under the age, and have YouTube accounts, they are also breaking a rule, but not much enforcement is in action or place.

All in all, If you are under 13, and are reading this on a forums account, then you are a law breaker, and/or play Cubic Castles, you too are a law breaker.
  • edited May 2018
    The federal government nor really any body of power views the laws in regards to this as something serious, the laws are in place as a protective barrier. Say if a minor was exposed to something inappropriate, the parent could not turn around and go after the company. You will find most things will have clauses or catches to protect the company. Take hand sanitizer for an example, it kills germs hundred percent of the time but companies put 99.9 percent. The reasoning being if there is that one instant that something is not killed the .1 percent it protects the company. It is a safety net as I mentioned before.

If a parent tried to take CC to court for a minor playing CC it would not make it far in the court circuit, it would be shot down pretty quickly with the parent not making it past a low level court hearing if even that. Would not even be able to get an attorney to side with them.
  • QbirdQbird Member
    Who would sue CC seriously '-'
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember
    lets be honest here.... not a single social media platform follows that rule, and come to think of it they don’t enforce it. Sorta like many of the weird laws threwout the country... like getting a fish drunk in Ohio. What are the police gonna do? Come knocking on your door saying “sir we received reports of you pouring alcohol into a nearby lake”. No if anything they’re gonna fine you for polluting the lake...if they even do anything.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    fun fact it is legal for a pregnant lady to ask a police officer for his hat for her to urinate in in england. Some laws are not taken very seriously
  • fun fact it is legal for a pregnant lady to ask a police officer for his hat for her to urinate in in england. Some laws are not taken very seriously

Why would you though

fun fact it is legal for a pregnant lady to ask a police officer for his hat for her to urinate in in england. Some laws are not taken very seriously

Why would you though
    well some times you just gotta go..
  • fun fact it is legal for a pregnant lady to ask a police officer for his hat for her to urinate in in england. Some laws are not taken very seriously

Why would you though
    well some times you just gotta go..
    Have you done it?
    well no because i'm not a pregnant lady
  • well no because i'm not a pregnant lady

XDD what if you change your voice in video so we don't know you're actually a lady >=O
  • So yes it is illegal under many US Federal Branches, and Laws to do anything or have any involvement on a internet social "web" (YouTube Accounts, Forums, Google Accounts, and many more). However, as @-GreyCoralKing- has mentioned, the game (Cubic Castles) has a thing in Terms of Services (ToS):

2.Age Requirement. Cubic Castles is a game intended for all audiences. By accepting the Terms of Service when playing Cubic Castles, you affirm that you are of 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 years old you may play with parental supervision. Child safety is a high priority for Cosmic Cow. As such, children under the age of 13 may create an account only with parental supervision. Account emails must be those of a parent or guardian if an email is provided. We recommend parents or guardians play with their children, and use our parent safety features provided in the game as they deem appropriate. Cosmic Cow does not collect personal information from players playing Cubic Castles.
    http://cubiccastles.com/terms_of_service.php

Directly in the ToS, it states that you agree you are Thirteen (13) Years of age. So if you are not Thirteen years of age, then you have violated the ToS already, and therefore you have violated a law, not Cosmic Cow Games (Creator for CC), as they have stated you, as the player, need to follow a term.

When you play the game, and/or click the 'Play' Button, you automatically agree to the ToS.

In addition to this, this law was never really enforced, both on CC and by the US Federal Government. There are many users that are under 13 and use the internet/have an account on the internet. People under the age, and have YouTube accounts, they are also breaking a rule, but not much enforcement is in action or place.

All in all, If you are under 13, and are reading this on a forums account, then you are a law breaker, and/or play Cubic Castles, you too are a law breaker.

True, but most kids don't have a parent right there (have bad parents), and don't have parental controls, and they can put their self at risk.

• True, but most kids don't have a parent right there (have bad parents), and don't have parental controls, and they can put their self at risk.

This doesnt' mean they're bad parents.. It means they trust their children, if it was the opposite, they would use the parental controls
  • The problem is that lots of people play this game and are under 13+.
    Making people banned from the banned for being under 13 will be quite mean.
  • QbirdQbird Member
    Facebook and Youtube clearly mention that you have to be over 13 to create an account on these sites. But they don't give a crap about that and will never get sued for that.
  • well no because i'm not a pregnant lady

No you slay so your a queen and your pregnant with a mushroom
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Isn't it mostly up to the parents to watch over their children and the games they play, and said games ToS... I am 19 and I don't even fully read the ToS and we expect say a 12 year old to read it and actually care about it? Imo, it's the parents responsibility to stop children playing games they shouldn't
  • I am moving to england, getting pregnant, and going up to a police officer to ask for his cap all in the name of urination. I am not quite sure how I will get pregnant...just a small hiccup up in my plan BUT IF THERE IS A QUEEN OF ENGLAND I WILL SURELY FIGURE IT OUT!
  • I am moving to england, getting pregnant, and going up to a police officer to ask for his cap all in the name of urination. I am not quite sure how I will get pregnant...just a small hiccup up in my plan BUT IF THERE IS A QUEEN OF ENGLAND I WILL SURELY FIGURE IT OUT!

lmao
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    This is already covered in terms and conditions.
    I think the bigger threat is GDPR tbh.
    Interested to see if we'll get any privacy or data usage policy changes.
  • gdog said:

This is already covered in terms and conditions.
    I think the bigger threat is GDPR tbh.
    Interested to see if we'll get any privacy or data usage policy changes.

Why?
  • In USA. If a parent gives there children permission to do whatever then yes. If you give a child a phone. You are allowing them to do anything so...
  • Ragean said:

In USA. If a parent gives there children permission to do whatever then yes. If you give a child a phone. You are allowing them to do anything so...

Then they and their parents are breaking fedral law.
  • Ragean said:

In USA. If a parent gives there children permission to do whatever then yes. If you give a child a phone. You are allowing them to do anything so...

Then they and their parents are breaking fedral law.
    no their not, that law applies to kids who are going against their parents consent
This discussion has been closed.