i made a fun and confusing game

ey, its been a while since i've stepped foot on the forums (probably like a year now) but i came back and i'm here to tell you (yes, you) about this new game i've created that will either be fun or complicated (mostly complicated)

It's called Murder Mystery (people call it that but i'm just gonna call it 'Clue' for now on.) It is a game inspired by the actual Clue board game devised by Anthony E. Pratt from England. The irl board game is a murder mystery game where the players use deductive reasoning to find out who is the murderer, what weapon he used, and where the crime took place. Instead of using cards and dice like in the actual game, players run around the play area entering inside houses to collect clues about the circumstances of the murder. They are given a time limit to find as many clues as they can and through deductive reasoning, they will be able to find out the answer to the game.

The rules are confusing in of its own but once you start playing the game, you slowly start to realize how the game actually works now :). We've done this with a couple of people and it was a lot of fun. But a lot of people question about how we go on and play the game. And here is how.

Step 1: List down all the suspects, weapons, and locations as you will need them throughout the enitre game.

Step 2: Each player only has 30 or 60 seconds to run around the play area looking for the game pieces which are the suspects, weapons, and locations.

Step 3: When you enter a house, you will find a treasure chest. In it are game pieces.

1.) You must cross out all the game pieces you found in it
2.) Grab and carry one or two pieces and move onto another house.
3.) Whe you enter another house, Cross out again all the pieces you found inside.
4.) Replace one or both of the game pieces you carried with the pieces inside the chest.
5.) Rinse and repeat once you found sufficient clues or cannot find enough pieces since some of the players might have it in them

TIP: You must bring with you at least one game piece so that none of the players will be able to cross out that game piece from their list.

Step 4: If you find yourself in a dead end, try and negotiate. When you are next to another player, negotiate and show each other the game pieces you have. Do this by typing /trade in the chat.

Step 5: The goal of the game is to solve the mystery by finding the set (which includes 1 suspect, 1 weapon, and 1 location) you DO NOT encounter while playing. The reason for crossing out the game pieces you found is to save you the trouble of trying to remember what you found inside each house. Furthermore, once you've crossed out most of the game pieces, you will notice that you have one set left unchecked. That set will be the answer to the game!

Step 6: It is not over yet though as you must parkour yourself to the Host of the game and reveal to them, through whisper your answer. If you got it wrong, you are out of the game. But if you solved it correctly, you have just won the game!

Fun? Yes. Complicated? Absolutely. But if you do understand how Clue (or Cluedo) works, you will know I modified the game so that we won't need to use dice or cards. This is for the sake of fun and if anybody wants to play, you can!