SUGGESTION: A way to help newbies learn about crafting.

A lot of newbies don't know about crafting, because they didn't follow the quests, or never really took the time to check out the Learning Center.

My suggestion is that: When a player unlocks a tool-based perk, it displays a pop-up of how to use tools, and gives the player that tool in their inventory.

Example:
I level up to 3. I choose Hammer Time as my perk. I am then shown a pop up of how to use tools, and a Stone Hammer is given to me.

This would help new players learn about crafting, and give them easier access to tools. I don't think this would be harmful to the game as tools are already very inexpensive, it's just that players don't know enough about them.

Comments

• AroeAroe Member
    edited April 2018
    +1

I agree.

When I first started playing, I was overcome with the amount of Quests that were immediately shoved upon me, and cast them off to the side as I went on to explore. However, I’d forgotten all about them until I’d complete them on accident (e.g: finding and walking into a Forest Mine out of curiosity).

And when I learned that the majority of the game centered around crafting, I was at a lost.

I think free Tools wouldn’t do any damage, as they are, like you said, very inexpensive. But, I think that they should only be given the basic ones needed for crafting at their level (Stone Hammer, Chisel, and Saw) as learning to craft the other Tools would require them to go to the Cubic Learning Center and further increase their knowledge of the game.

P/S: The Cubic Learning Center has a few crafting recipes missing, I’ve noticed. The best place to find all the current available recipes, for me, at least, is “Crafting Recipes” built by Kewbin. It’s a neat, and colorful Realm that isn’t too big to be intimidating towards new players, nor too small that it cannot display all recipes. It’s also very easy to navigate, so I’d suggest you go there if you’re new