Clan Overhaul Suggestion
Ranking SystemA ranking system for clans based on clan xp. So how does it work? Well my idea was that clan xp should be gained mainly from clan NPC quests. There would be a variety of NPCs that have a bunch of quests each:
- The Miner NPC would have mining/building related quests.
- The Adventurer NPC would have story map related quests.
- The Pirate NPC would have quests for finding certain things in mines. I was thinking of a new item "treasure chest"
which you would find randomly under ground. Once you find it you can either dig it and turn it in for xp or open it for loot. There could be treasure maps as well that you would get randomly from the clan merchant (I'll explain below). They would help finding treasure chests in mines (one use only).
- The Ninja NPC would have parkour completion quests.
- The Farmer NPC would have farming related quests.
- The Smith NPC would have crafting quests.
- The Scientist NPC would have distilling or extracting quests.
- The Builder NPC would have building quests.
- Idk ran out of ideas...
I know some people wouldn't like building not being part of gaining xp so the solution of that could be that building would still gain xp for the clan but it would be a very low rate of xp gain. This should slightly prevent xp grinding with half blocks or autoclickers.
Every member's quest xp would count. This way clans will be forced to look for active members in order to stay on top. The xp requirement would also rise for every clan level and levels would be uncapped. There would also be upgrades for the xp limit you can aquire. You would have to pay up with xp in order to be able to gain more xp to get levels.
I was thinking that there would be a one time buy clan starter pack which would give you a starter NPC and a merchant NPC. Pretty much everyone would have something small to start from just like farming. You could get more NPCs by purchasing them with xp. The Merchant NPC is the one that you buy things from such as NPCs and clan rewards.
Now for the rewards there could be some new pretty cosmetic items, vehicles, pets, blocks, etc. To avoid wasting clan xp there should be an option to only allow certain ranks to purchase rewards. This way higher ranked members would have to share the loot with other members which means that greedy leaders won't be able to get their clan high up the leaderboard.
There could be weekly/monthly rewards for the top X clans. X being a number that could be changed based on the number of clans in game.
There should be a log tab as well showing when a member has completed a quest, which quest, how much xp they got to in the clan stone. Also logs for Merchant NPC purchases.
Buying xp with cubits should be removed if this ever gets implemented.
Wandering NPCsAnother cool feature would be having NPCs that walk around and you can interact with. They could have random silly lines to say when you talk to them and they would be purchasable from the Merchant NPC in an pack. The pack drops would be random and the NPCs would have their chat lines based on rarity. This way we can make clan realms feel a lot more alive.
Clan ranks, permissions and joining clansWe really need more clan roles for our members and the ability to customize them and their permissions. Also I was thinking that joining a clan could be done by applying at the clan stone instead of having everyone to hop on the clan stone. Clan leaders or anyone with the permissions to invite members would have a tab in the menu where they find clan applications from players and their info then all they have to do is accept or deny them.
Features that require fixing/tweaking
- The clan messages should have delete, pin and edit options.
- The summon option should have a confirmation box for every summoned member so we don't ruin someone's game, parkour, etc.
- The member list currently shows online members both at the top and bottom. This needs to be fixed so online members are shown at the top, in their rank order. Also there needs to be a filter option for finding names, would be very useful for big clans. A timer that shows the last time a member was active would be useful as well.
I know there are probably flaws here and there so help me out with finding them and maybe ways to deal with them. I'm really curious to hear your opinions on this. Also you can comment more NPC ideas as well.
This discussion has been closed.