Animal help :/

Ok
I have a cat about 10 years old and a puppy about 4 months old.
I can't find anything on the internet and I was hoping if anyone could give me some advice in the best way to meeting them, my cat is very aggressive and will attack my puppy even if he is going the opposite way, if my puppy is in his cage my cat will go up and lay next to it and act just fine so they do know there scent iv been able to get that far. it's only when he is out of the cage. I've tried having my cat a place the dog can't go and the dog is in a secluded part of the room except she is so aggressive that she won't stay in that spot and will just attack my puppy with no warning.
The only way they can be in the same room together is if my puppy is in his cage.
Idk what to do and the Internet isn't much help.
Can anyone give me some advice :/

Comments

• Wow, sounds hard.
    You could try teaching your cat not to be so aggresive. When he's mean, say "NO" in a stern voice or do something ti get him to stop. When he listens, gave him a reward (like a treat he likes) Or try to reward him when he controls himself.

Most likely your cat is being territorial because it sounds like your puppy is new. The aggression will probably wear off after awhile because your cat will get used to the puppy around.

You could try giving them both love so they're not jealous of each other (rub both their heads, play fetch or a game together, etc) I'm not an animal expert so I don't know much about this, but I hope some of my tips will help.

Goodluck :)