Press Release! Why everyone is a Mod now

SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
Cosmic Cow Press Release
April 1st / 20 18

As many of you know, for years now myself and the team here at Cosmic Cow headquarters have been fighting the ever present scourge of in-game scammers and rule breakers. Every time we shut down one scam two new ones popup! It's exhausting!

Despite our effort there continues to be problems. We started wondering if maybe adding more mods would help? But adding new mods is difficult. Who can we trust with the awesome responsibility of being a mod? How do we get to know these players well enough?

That's when the solution presented itself like a lightbulb in the dark! What if? What if *EVERYONE* was a mod?

With the constant threat of being warned or banned from every single player around you at all times, even other mods, players simply can't get away with scamming or breaking any in game rules.

Genius? We think so.

Comments

• Genius!
    Now you find problems while fixing bugs and making items, why not make everyone an admin?
    Genius? I think so?
  • So its not a prank?... '-'
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    That was actually quite the prank. Pretty smart!
  • How nice! Rip for those who just bought a flag.
  • Is there any way to turn it off? It hurts my Eyes alot since My 2nd account named RedZilla...
  • qbee vampireqbee vampire Member
    edited April 2018

Genius!
    Now you find problems while fixing bugs and making items, why not make everyone an admin?
    Genius? I think so?

LiteRary said:

My brain... l love it, l really love it. Another day and everyone is admin... My eyes...

Maybe next year , how about everyone is junior mods?
    how many time the blue tag will maintain?
    how many time the easter egg hunt left ?
    We have bunnyzilla later?
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    lucaaa795 said:

The NPCs in Adventure Mode are too!

We left no stone unturned! Those npcs are particularly trigger happy with the bans.. so careful around them!

• So is the tag just a little prank (treat) or is it pernament?
  • Bluejay_1 said:

So is the tag just a little prank (treat) or is it pernament?

Permanent, of course.
  • Its very nice to see all Qbees being part of the whole staff team.. Staff Nation.
  • still need their responsibilities
  • Smart.
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember
    edited April 2018
    Do you have any idea how scared I was when I got online today? My stomach went into my chest for a solid 10 seconds before I realized Easter fell on April 1st
  • Bunnyzilla please appear now,so many players waiting you,they want hopes
  • Genius XD
  • Smart move sir,I could not have done it better!
  • if only i had mod powers *evil laugh*

Plus i love this blue name it's so clean ;w;
  • I have a better idea. What if everyone was a....

ADMIN
  • Welp.....
  • NaroxNarox Member
    edited April 2018
    Please unban me or reply on private i want join that happy event
  • Please unban me or reply on private i want join that happy event

Sorry not to be on topic mods.

You already contacted support and they said you won't get unbanned. Begging won't be useful..

IT is... Happy Easter Fool's to you, my friend. Happy Easter Fools. :)
  • Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited April 2018

Genius? We think so.

How modest of you :P
  • Please unban me or reply on private i want join that happy event

If you cant play the game I would suggest you dont beg to get unbanned and dont use forums.
  • Okay, I heard that these moderator badges are permanent... This absolutely destroys the in-game true moderator rank! I think that normal people shouldn't be mods! Or at least... are we mods...? Or only the badge is true? A thing that i would actually want to point out is that the name looks much more clean and nice, being blue, without the lvl etc. I think that the ''mod'' word should be removed and our blue badges should still exist.Though the blue color is the official moderator color. I think this ''Everyone is a mod!'' update will be worse than before. Do you agree with me? Tell me your opinion! Please take in consideration!
  • xD
    dont you notice its April 1st??
  • I did, but people (and moderators) told us it is permanent. Also, today when i logged (2nd April) I am still a moderator.
  • @SirKewberth how long will stay this mod tag to us?
  • So its permanent? o.0