Easter Pack + Roadmap

CosmicCowCosmicCow Member
edited March 2018 in General Chat
Hi everyone! We are going to submit the Easter Pack to Apple early next week, and stay tuned for GDog/Red for a possible preview. Now, one thing that's going to be different this year is regarding finding eggs.

1. Eggs will be collectible. You can pick them up, put them in your inventory, eat them, etc. I wouldn't recommend eating them, because they may turn out to be very useful! But this does mean that if you have eggs glassed in your realms, they are not going to be as special anymore. But those eggs you collect will be for a purpose.

2. Eggs will also be invisible until you get near them. We're doing this to stop people from texture hacking, panning the camera, etc. You will actually have to hunt to find them.

3. I have heard that BunnyZilla will be coming back this year.

Now, after Easter, "Pack Season" is officially over, and we will be releasing updates to game play. The first of these will be the "Wireless Switch" update. What is that? Glad you asked. Basically, you're going to be able to hook little wifi switches up to different items in your realm to activate and deactivate them: spikes, fire traps, cannons, portcullis doors, etc etc. You will be able to color code them to have a bunch going on in a realm, and it should make for some very fun adventuring.

After the Wireless Switch update, we have some large projects that involve making the whole CC experience a lot more fluid and consistent.

Also, if everyone could do us a favor, please make sure to rate the current version of cc in the Play Store, and also the update when it comes out. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cosmiccow.cubiccastles

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Yay! Thank you so much! I’m pretty sure the wireless switch update will be fun!
    Now question regarding the eggs: What if players sells eggs if they will be used for egg hunts
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    The wireless switch sounds intriguing..
  • *Zoddy**Zoddy* Member
    edited March 2018
    My Thoery for This Years Egg Hunt:

So, You Collect OR Buy Eggs, And your Eggs act as a Currency, In the Cubit store/ Cubic Town, They have an Area in which you can buy Things using them Eggs, Or when you get too a certiant amount, you archieeve that item.
    I got this theory because:
    1. It's not a raffle, and not something won via luck
    2. It's not a competition, There is no winner/ nor loser
    3. 3. Also, I'm assuming they are trying too make it a bit more fair for people with less time.
  • Sweet!
    My first Easter with cc, I have watched it for years, and Good idea about the eggs. But, can you pm me how private they would be?
  • Yay! Thank you so much! I’m pretty sure the wireless switch update will be fun!
    Now question regarding the eggs: What if players sells eggs if they will be used for egg hunts

Anyone can collect/sell eggs. I imagine some people will spend a lot of time collecting them in mines.

• Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Thanks for the headsup! Quite interesting indeed, and I hope it all turns out fine. :)
  • :O I am egg-cited.
  • CosmicCow said:

Yay! Thank you so much! I’m pretty sure the wireless switch update will be fun!

Anyone can collect/sell eggs. I imagine some people will spend a lot of time collecting them in mines.

cosmic,but if sell eggs,normal players,didn't get a way to get the eggs normaly...

the fact for eggs be sellable,I hated it .-.
  • hmm. curious how this plays out. But yes, more content :P
  • Cafe De TernoCafe De Terno Member
    edited March 2018
    CosmicCow said:

cosmic,but if sell eggs,normal players,didn't get a way to get the eggs normaly...

OMG LOGIC IN CUBIC CASTLES,#CafeGoBuildMoreOneHardParkour XDD
  • CosmicCow said:

Am I missing something here? There aren't that many easter eggs out there that they would be an issue.
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    interesting :)
  • CosmicCow said:

CosmicCow said:

Am I missing something here? There aren't that many easter eggs out there that they would be an issue.
    do u have any idea how much them go worth,and how hard is it will be??

can put it in admins server? And make a video for we see ? :)
  • I love this new pack! So useful for complex adventure / puzzle maps. Also, I wish it added some more moving blocks like gear but an actual full block now
  • Thanks Cos for this update post! It really means a lot to us players to keep us in the loop. It is exciting to see what direction you are taking the game and what we have to look forward to. Sadly I am not equipped to handle this kind of excitement. Excuse me as I go bawl my eyes out from happiness while curled up in a fetal position eating icecream in my shower.
  • I feal like the eggs will be used as if it's a raffle due too last year people complained some people had less time than others.
  • lucaaa795 said:

EDlTlON said:

I feal like the eggs will be used as if it's a raffle due too last year people complained some people had less time than others.

God please no.
    XDDDDD

Never please,too bad idea put eggs like a raffle

I didn't liked ,bc it will be lucky

EXAMPLE :

somebody get 1k of eggs,and p ut in a raffle

other player put like 10 eggs,and win the best iten

BADD idea

// eggs sellable bad idea too
  • There is no raffle.
  • lucaaa795 said:

CosmicCow said:

CosmicCow said:

Well rich people could still "buy their way to the top"
    Maybe you could make them tradeable AFTER the egg hunt ends?
    Yes rich people would just buy instead of hunting for the eggs. Is there a way to make it more fair for non riches.
  • lucaaa795 said:

CosmicCow said:

CosmicCow said:

Well rich people could still "buy their way to the top"
    Maybe you could make them tradeable AFTER the egg hunt ends?
    Yes rich people would just buy instead of hunting for the eggs. Is there a way to make it more fair for non riches.
    there is a way,if cosmic take off this idea about sellable eggs,or only put eggs ,normal that anothers years

// RIP ME ,I fogort about my internet,I can't go to bunnyzilla,my internet will kill me,when I found him,always happen it,I can't log in cubic castles when it happen ...
  • The switch idea seems really interesting. Hoping to see more parkours with that new mechanic so that I can spend days doing them and failing.
  • A bit confused cosmic.. about the WiFi switch thing.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    For all those saying "lets not make the eggs tradeable and the rich will just buy their way to the top"
    Can we just wait to see how it's actually gonna work before we start flipping tables and demanding changes.
  • Its the only season when people actually go to mines :/
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Oooh i am wondering how it will go ^^

Also cosmic, can you also add something like a laser, invisible tile or something like that that will activate the tied to object for a certain ammount of time?
  • Sounds like some very nice updates! Can't wait!
  • gdog said:

For all those saying "lets not make the eggs tradeable and the rich will just buy their way to the top"
    Can we just wait to see how it's actually gonna work before we start flipping tables and demanding changes.

yes,lets wait,but if it come,I go hate it :P
  • Yay Easter Pack coming!
  • If the eggs are sellable it means profit >:D! KAChING KAchING here comes bunny foo foo to make bank YOLO.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

If the eggs are sellable it means profit >:D! KAChING KAchING here comes bunny foo foo to make bank YOLO.

What if they become a placeable decoration? No money for Grey? :o