Message to Developers

It is unbelievable how the game is dieing. Now let’s start with people and maybe Devs who will be triggered once they see ‘another’ cc is dieing thread. You know these threads exist for a reason, or should i say REASONS, like people getting bored, people finding the game unfair etc
Before explaining, i want to let everyone know that i am not a player who hates cc or wants cc to ‘die’, i’m just sad that i am not enjoying it anymore at all.
Let’s talk about people getting bored shall we?
Now before you all go crazy and start saying ‘CAN YOU ATLEAST BE GRATEFUL! THERE ARE ONLY 3 DEVS WORKING ON THIS GAME’
Now let me tell you one thing, i know a game with only ONE person handling everything, to be fair the game requires a lot less coding than cc does, and that ONE person updates the game with new content every week. Now we have 2-3 devs working on the game and how long do we have to wait for updates? MONTHS.
The only updates we get are seasonal packs with some new hats and buildables... is that enough? Maybe but are these cosmetic hats gonna satisfy players for a month? No... but you can use the buildables forever to create amazing things, that ofc if they weren’t in such expensive packs and so hard to buy for players with no c, but hey that’s another subject i’m not talking about.
Ok back to the boring topic, question to everyone on forums: What do you do in your free time?
Now i expect that the majority of users will say Farming, but please tell me why do you want to spend 1 hour on placing seeds (that doesn’t even give you xp or even pet xp) and then harvest them and then repeat the whole process over and over, let’s say you got the tractor and the ‘fairy soil’ that you gain nothing from, you want 500 of each flowers and grass that you can obtain from fairy soil? Then get around 10 million recubes and wait 2 weeks! And ofc don’t forget to plant the fairy seeds!
You don’t expect farming to last forever if you don’t make it fun, now everyone has his own opinion and they might love farming ig but who am i to judge them...
So people who doesn’t like farming, what do you do in your free time?
-Build?
You won’t log on everyday 24/7 and build right?
-talk with friends?
What friends? Lol most of my friends quitted (not saying that i don’t have AMAZING friends still playing) but for reals, if you want to communicate with people you will just get online for 30 min or maybe 2 hours. That’s good
Now thanks to space_fetus who is taking care of events, including parkours and treasure hunts and many more events! Cc became more interesting but not enough.
We want content, updates, new mechanics, FIXING BUGS which i will get to in a few, QUESTS i will also talk about that in a few lol, and more levels of course.
Fixing bugs, gosh... many bugs are still not fixed in this game, if cc gonna do something they better fix the game by fixing the bugs first.
You know i wonder why there is ‘Bug reports’ on the forums if they never get fixed (well sometimes) or should i say, they are on the TO-DO LIST! The famous list that we heard about over and over, but nothing on that list comes to game except maybe farming.
Now quests! I feel bad for level 60 players, they build and mine but they never gain xp, the bar is always frozen, you cannot do anything at all, until you add more levels and quests... how many threads did i and people make asking for quests and we got no reply or just one reply saying ‘coming soon’, that trick never works you know, telling people that it’s coming soon won’t stop them from asking... Also the Clans, oh god last time clans were updated, it was just a font update lol...
What’s more funny is that one of the devs was wondering why Playstore wasn’t sending them new players :o
GEE, i wonder why!
I am not being shady, or being rude, i’m just saying the truth...
Cc is going down, it’s no longer fun, the only thing i care about now is friends that helped me through many problems and never left my side, i do not know how to thank you all.
Please take your time and read this thread and give me your opinion, you can disagree, i won’t start a fight, it’s your opinion, and everyone is allowed to express their opinions.
Thanks

Comments

• I've read really quickly, but I agree with what I understood
    +1
  • this is too real. +1
  • I agree. +1
  • Bluejay_1Bluejay_1 Member
    edited February 2018
    I love cc. Since I was introduced to it I can't leave. But the atmosphere is somewhat depressing now. Idk why it is that way...But yea thanks to @space_fetus we have MUCH more events. So it isn't going down hill that much. And yea I am a racer and not a builder. In building-like the recent competition-it does need talent to win. But even with talent, you may even be the best builder. IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE JUDGES. YES YES I know it is supose to be all in fun. But good builds should win. But builds that do not even fit the catagories win a lot.

+1 I agree

Especially the paragraph about content!
  • I agree with some of what u said, but I believe there’s one factor a lot of people don’t think about: money. The developers have said before that they barely keep the servers up, because they lack the bucks to do it.
  • Will <3 it is wonderful you have expressed your opinion but I now must kill you and bury you in my flower garden as fertilizer. I will surely win the best garden this year!

Just kidding hue hue hue! Will I made you a cup of tea drink it. I made it just for you.

On topic there is nothing wrong with having an opinion if it is constructive, opinions are part of what defines us. Thank you for taking the time to type this small novel. Feedback is important and I know the Devs take in feedback whether negative or positive. How can they shape or make the game grow without different opinions ^_^! *hugs*.

I feel that old methods that set the foundation for CC are no longer applicable and while the devs have defiantly uped their game I do not feel it is enough if they want to see the game continue growing in the foreseeable future. I want it to rain building blocks and it not to be more recolors. Without question the devs have worked on expanding the catalog of build items but CC was barebones to begin with especially with a large majority of buildables being recolors. I want them to really focus on adding new plants and furniture <3. Like new trees like a darker tree top, new pots to put plants in besides the clay ones we have. MUST HAVE MORE!

I think CC is awesome and is only growing, it is getting better like an aged wine. I think with a large portion of players who are losing interest in the game is that they are growing up and internally are ready to move onto different gaming horizons. Change is hard for people, it is like making new friends. I see long time players speak of how their friends have quit, the solution is to make new ones! We fall into friend circles and we don't like the thought of starting new ones :P. There are plenty of players out there but I get it, hard to start relationships with people who did not start when you did or approx because how they see the game is very different. Sorry I am rambling, I tend to do this a lot ;(

P.S I think farming is the bomb and it has changed how I play the game. Farming is the best addition EVAH! I think it really helps if you break up your fields instead of trying to farm all five at once.
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    Who are those friends that have left? =(
    +1
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Wow thats a big rant :0

Anyways i agree indeed, sure you can like me always talk with your friends and such, but even i noticed i rather play something else over cc nowadays... although ill never will quit because i love my friends like grey, fetus, xtreme (if he isnt afk atleast xD), ed, luca, you and others i talk with if i get the chance...

But indeed, nowadays youll have to buy crazy expencive packs to be able to get the new items like blocks and clothing... no wonder that people quit, this game has been made more a shopping simulator than that it is a building game... sure there is fetus now making events like crazy (dont overwork ya pls spacecake) but that is just a temporary solution for the problem...
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Me And Grey are the people that disagree >:D Sorry everyone. But, I find it ironic because I haven’t “lost” any friends. Yes, people may of stopped playing that I was friends with, but I have gained way, way more friends than friends that have stopped playing. Plus, even if they “stopped playing” they always come back and hang out everyone once in a while.

What do I do in my free time in cc? Hang out with multiple friends. I have at least five people online at a time that I can go hang out with.

Noting on your building 24/7 part, that’s not physically possible.

Quests - They added some already, and why not go do player built ones? It’s not like only official ones exist.

Clans - I agree, I guess.

Bugs - I have been always sending bugs to Cosmic in a private pm and they all have been fixed, within a couple weeks. I have no idea what bugs you’re talking about but maybe you should pm Cosmic.

Level 60 - They buffed it to level 60 and I haven’t seen a thread about it since. Maybe that’s why it hasn’t been updated, nobody has really requested it. (At least a lot of people in masses)
  • I love cc but I have to agree with this
  • Yeah exactly, even I don't play the game anymore but rarely do cause I ran out of ideas + I m only active in forums
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited March 2018

There are other games in this world if cc is so dead to you.
    Most people play games for 10-15hours then move on.
    I've played this game for 4 years in may, so I would say its held my interest for far above the average amount of time games usually do.
    There have been far more updates. We got like 4 in the last month of the year.
    The updates have had more stuff in also.
    They weren't all seasonal either. Farming wasn't. The shrink stuff wasn't.
    The bugs are they game breaking?
    There was a time before levels and perks and the game was just as fun then.
    You shouldn't need to grind xp to enjoy a game.
    How's cosmic cow games responsible for you forming relationships.

Are player numbers actually declining or is you passion for the game the thing that is declining? I'm gonna guess the latter.

I believe they have totally upped their game on updates as I said there were like 4 at the end of last year.

Fetus has been running events constantly since he got the role.

So what do you want them to do? What would actually please you?

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    gdog said:

I've played this game for 4 years in may, so I would say its held my interest for far above the average amount of time games usually do.

Are player numbers actually declining or is you passion for the game the thing that is declining? I'm gonna guess the latter.

I believe they have totally upped their game on updates as I said there were like 4 at the end of last year.

Thank you, me and Grey aren’t by ourselves anymore. lol
  • This game is fun new things happen, your just a playing the game to much. Take a little break. Then you'll love the game even more.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Thread cleared of off-topic stuff.
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited March 2018
    Guys, let's all cool down for a second and cast away all the fights to keep this thread friendly and open.

As of now, I do not have any extra points in your opinion, nor do I need to give my opinion (both for and against @iCantiWill) about this thread, since all of them were stated above.

One thing I would hope to see in this thread though, is the devs' response. For discussions like this, it's very important to see what their point of view is.

After all, no threads like this would exist if there were nothing wrong in the first place.
  • CD87 said:

Guys, let's all cool down for a second and cast away all the fights to keep this thread friendly and open.

As of now, I do not have any extra points in your opinion, nor do I need to give my opinion (both for and against @iCantiWill) about this thread, since all of them were stated above.

One thing I would hope to see in this thread though, is the devs' response. For discussions like this, it's very important to see what their point of view is.

After all, no threads like this would exist if there were nothing wrong in the first place.

True
  • I just think it is hard for people to realize how they are trapped by this game because they invested so much time in it and it is where a home is. Hard to call quits even if a person is no longer gaining joy from the game because it means walking away from family :O:!

What I love most about this game is that it is free and not trying to ambush me every five seconds trying to get me to buy something. A vast majority of free to play games are brutal on the player but not CC. It really is an open ended free game if I want something I know I can work towards it.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    It looks now like it has become a fight between the people that think cc is dying and the people that think cc isnt dying xD
  • Sometimes I dont play for a few days due to no actual time to play but I will always try and play when I can
  • It looks now like it has become a fight between the people that think cc is dying and the people that think cc isnt dying xD

Cubic Castles: Civil war
  • Nah no fights <3. Just different opinions :D! We luv each other and the only reason I would hurt my friends is if I knew I could get by with murder to then use taxidermy to make them my dolls so they never could leave me O_O I mean what.
  • My only hobby here is play minigames or stuff.. Right now many player arw now focus on cubit marketing and forgetting the fun playing :v

Unleash the fun
    More minigames

So that kids may attract and play the game more enjoyingly xD
  • Gdog, I have to say (and don't take this the wrong way), you always rip the words from my mouth, and paste them here in your to die for accent. I can do the accent, but it isn't natural XD. Thank for for being a part of the community.
  • VetraVetra Member
    +1
  • Plastic HeartPlastic Heart Member
    edited March 2018
    U said:

Me And Grey are the people that disagree >:D Sorry everyone. But, I find it ironic because I haven’t “lost” any friends. Yes, people may of stopped playing that I was friends with, but I have gained way, way more friends than friends that have stopped playing. Plus, even if they “stopped playing” they always come back and hang out everyone once in a while.

What do I do in my free time in cc? Hang out with multiple friends. I have at least five people online at a time that I can go hang out with.

Noting on your building 24/7 part, that’s not physically possible.

Quests - They added some already, and why not go do player built ones? It’s not like only official ones exist.

Clans - I agree, I guess.

Bugs - I have been always sending bugs to Cosmic in a private pm and they all have been fixed, within a couple weeks. I have no idea what bugs you’re talking about but maybe you should pm Cosmic.

Level 60 - They buffed it to level 60 and I haven’t seen a thread about it since. Maybe that’s why it hasn’t been updated, nobody has really requested it. (At least a lot of people in masses)

For that building part i was just joking i know it is not possible, i meant like building all the time
    Also, they added quests 1-2 years ago? You think that’s enough?
    And for the level 60 cap, MANY people made threads/comments asking for more levels.. o.o
    gdog said:

Ok first of all, you’re saying that i can go play other games if i feel that cc is dead, well as you can see i obviously was talking about cc itself and how it’s boring, it’s an opinion and i did not bring any games, you’re right i can play anything but i’m here to discuss about cc.
    Second, i did talk about farming and how it made the game better and more interesting but not enough.
    So adding farming and shrink and seekers along with seasonal packs is enough for a year? That’s again your opinion and i respect it
    About bugs, whether it’s game breaking or not it should be fixed, that’s why they are called bugs right? Would you want a game full of bugs even if they are not game breaking and not affecting you?
    Levels and xp are fun indeed, i do not need to be max level to have fun, unless there were perks that would help me finish parkours faster etc, but i am talking about level 60 players, many players already complained about XP, they are building/mining all the time and at the end they get no xp , and when new levels are added, it’s like they never worked, they get no xp unless they work again.
    Cosmic cow games is responsable for making the game fun and responsable of fixing bugs ;)
    I did not mention player numbers at all ;) if you saw how i started my thread, you would know that i said cc is boring for me and other people, plus if it was just me losing interest i still have the right to make the thread. Correct?
    Again they upped the game but not enough :)
    And i already thanked fetus for doing a wonderful job and entertaining us! Thanks again
    What would actually please me?
    Read the thread again :) i already said at the end what would make the game interesting.
    Also about that vid, it is my opinion ;) and i am free to express my opinions right? I addressed the same vid to you, because at the end it is just your opinion right?
  • MM2-2MM2-2 Member
    I agree with what Icantwill said and I think that what would help cc is to have some more updates like farming so no one can get bored when there is so much activities to help, also I think that what is going to help the devs is the positive comments on how much they like cubic castles and how it is very cool

so...

What I mean that the negative discussions on what is bad on the game wouldn’t help the game to be improved but we as the community of cubic castles should make the devs feel happy because they made the game reach to this level and if we have any point that we don’t like it on the game we should comment about that positively for example: if there is any bug on the game which we really we don’t like it and we want it to be removed, the message to the devs should be kind and not like complaining as an angry community but it should be like we show them how really cubic castles is good and fixing that bug is necessary or for example complaining on how cc is boring should be like the 1st example and it should be like an ideas for the devs to not make it boring and how they can make it not boring in anytime

At the end this is my opinion on how we can help the game and it’s developers
  • MM2-2 said:

I agree with what Icantwill said and I think that what would help cc is to have some more updates like farming so no one can get bored when there is so much activities to help, also I think that what is going to help the devs is the positive comments on how much they like cubic castles and how it is very cool

so...

What I mean that the negative discussions on what is bad on the game wouldn’t help the game to be improved but we as the community of cubic castles should make the devs feel happy because they made the game reach to this level and if we have any point that we don’t like it on the game we should comment about that positively for example: if there is any bug on the game which we really we don’t like it and we want it to be removed, the message to the devs should be kind and not like complaining as an angry community but it should be like we show them how really cubic castles is good and fixing that bug is necessary or for example complaining on how cc is boring should be like the 1st example and it should be like an ideas for the devs to not make it boring and how they can make it not boring in anytime

At the end this is my opinion on how we can help the game and it’s developers

Yes, let’s treat everyone with respect, not claiming that the other person is selfish.
  • I agree cc needs new mechanisms especially for the clan Not a lot of people are noticing clans are blank and are just a waste of 9k c
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    I dont feel like Cubic is dying really, its just one of those time periods when people are bored due to the lack of new content. While some dont really enjoy the game as much anymore or get bored of it there are new players everyday that do.
This discussion has been closed.