Newbie build contest?

MidnightStormMidnightStorm Member
edited February 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
So I’m thinking about a building contest -like the valentines and the Christmas- that costs quite a bit less 500c - 1k? Made for noobs (like me), with different prizes that are not so rare... I know the 5000c is to reduce trolls ect. But this could work..? Tell me what you think!

Comments

• Sound alright, it will be tricky to warn others you are not scamming. As people know the Christmas and Valentine building contests have someone they know is trustworthy, running it. I like your thoughts though, think about the newbies.
  • I am not against what you are saying just offering a little bit more information if you did not already know it :)!

The 5k for build contests you get back so it is like the contest costs 0c. I know as a new player 5k myswell be a 100k but it is something that can be worked to by selling things like resources then keep the 5k aside for future comps. I can't guarantee this but moving forward we more likely than not are going to have comps on holidays so that gives you time to save.

Secondly there are a lot of mini-giveaways that Space has been doing, just have to keep your eyes out on those hollas. Sadly if you do not have certain perks you may be at a disadvantage.

Third is player giveaways, like Redeagle is giving away a whopping sum of C right now.

Lastly is the various other comps present like the 2017 realm build or the now over art contest that do not have an entry fee.

I think it hard to cater to new players without a large number of people figuring out how to abuse it. For example a person is going to be a lot less willing to cheat say by renting two plots under two different accounts if 10k is on the line vs. say 1k. Not to say that this is a bad idea just presents challenges.

• space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

I am not against what you are saying just offering a little bit more information if you did not already know it :)!

The 5k for build contests you get back so it is like the contest costs 0c. I know as a new player 5k myswell be a 100k but it is something that can be worked to by selling things like resources then keep the 5k aside for future comps. I can't guarantee this but moving forward we more likely than not are going to have comps on holidays so that gives you time to save.

Secondly there are a lot of mini-giveaways that Space has been doing, just have to keep your eyes out on those hollas. Sadly if you do not have certain perks you may be at a disadvantage.

Third is player giveaways, like Redeagle is giving away a whopping sum of C right now.

Lastly is the various other comps present like the 2017 realm build or the now over art contest that do not have an entry fee.

I think it hard to cater to new players without a large number of people figuring out how to abuse it. For example a person is going to be a lot less willing to cheat say by renting two plots under two different accounts if 10k is on the line vs. say 1k. Not to say that this is a bad idea just presents challenges.

grey is absolutely right, if you would like to enter the building contests best to try and save cubits for the seasonal packs which normally come with a building contest. In the mean time you could participate in all the free events. you could always sell any prizes you win for funds to the building contests!
  • I am not against what you are saying just offering a little bit more information if you did not already know it :)!

You do have a point there...