Most stupid way you got scammed?

Here you can talk about the stupidest way someone scammed you.
Also add how much you got scammed (in cubits or items)

By the way, i wanted to make this discussion because today i got my precious 20k scammed with *inhales* a good old vend scamm (price changed from 20c to 20k :/). Sooo ye....IF you want to donate stuff you can...but it's not needed :p .

Comments

• I made a new account, I went into my realm, and some guy asked for build permissions. Without thinking, I gave him permissions, and he started taking all my stuff! So I had to make a new account (Which is this one). I'm not having any more troubles with those type of people any more.
  • 1st: it's 100% my fault (i was exited to get a vend for 20c *_*)
    2nd: he didn't even change the price, i fell for it like an idiot
    3d:someone made an holla for that, but not for the item i got scammed with (i got scammed with a vend for 20k, the holla was for a werewolf head "for" 2k)
    4th: i would feel bad for the guy if he gets banned, i got my balloon scammed a few months ago and didn't report it.
    LiteRary said:

How did he/she changed it? Because he can't without breaking it. İf he/she's scammed you with breaking it is your fault and anyway he/she's a scammer.

Try to get help from game moderators, l saw his hollas l guess. Maybe someine already reported it.

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    well my way:

i just started the game and i was a little nubnub, so after some days i got a nuke for very cheap xD.... but what i do is that i show it to a person in another realm by just dropping it.... that person picked it up and didnt give it back.... never heard of that person again lol
  • edited January 2018
    Sr. EvilkingoYT switched lv 49 dog for lvl 0 dog, I’ve never seen him again but I know a few other pl had also been scammed by him
  • Oh scams, once i was asked to lend something big so someone could ‘measure it’... i knew it was a scam... still i fell for it somehow, i gave them my angel wings. i feel stupid but it was a long time ago lol
  • Payaway - 100c loss.
  • I fell for a footprint scam once. Lost 9k.
  • I got scammed my precious qbee air ;-;
  • In 2015, or 2014 december, I was lucky to get my hands on a Karumpus, mind you this was before the drop prevention anti scam was in place. I dropped my Karumpus on a block but missed, and then some by stander took it and ran off...
  • my most embarassing moment of scam is when i did not get scammed, EVER
  • Someone told me they could duplicate blocks, and I was really poor at the time so I was like desperate for items. So I gave them a grass block and told them to make 20 of it. And he did. And I was like omg. Then I gave him a gold block and he said “I can’t duplicate some things” so I was like ok ok can u duplicate my harm wand? They said “yes” so I gave it to them and they ran off with it. lel
  • edited January 2018
    First time I got scammed:someone wanted to sell a warp crunch to a 'giveaway' for 100 cubits and instead of that the bumper was removed.when I ate it she left my realm lol
  • Well, once someone said they wanted to trade their lvl 49 cat pet for my dragon pet, and I said yes, but they put the cat pet in a prize dispenser and I had to trade my dragon pet for the warp food to get the cat. I asked the owner if it was a scam and he said no, and he used alts to show that it wasn't a scam, but I didnt know they were alts so I traded the dragon pet for the warp food. When I ate the warp food it said that the location of the warp bumper was removed, and then the owner banned me from his realm. Rip dragon pet ;_; (the dragon was lvl 0 btw)
  • I gave permissions to my friend, and she gave her password to her friend, and he scammed my items on her account. Lost about 100k. She lost about 200k.
  • Sr. EvilkingoYT switched lv 49 dog for lvl 0 dog, I’ve never seen him again but I know a few other pl had also been scammed by him

same as him but other person ;-;
  • The scamm i was victim of yesterday (the 20k one) was probably the biggest loss i've ever had XD .
    But the scamm that made me upset the most was probably the first time i got scammed my 2 cash regs (this was before cash regs were craftable :^p).
    Simple story: i give perm to everybody in the realm to help mining, forgot to umperm everybody.
    This guy shows up saying "can i try your cat tail? I will let you try my pjms" (i was newbie at the time so of course, a cat tail was expencive for me, at the time it was 300c xd). I give him my cat tail and then he goes "well, imma keep it now". I start chasing himand then he stops running and he goes "i left a little surprise in your realm ;)". I ran straight to the realm and my 2 cash regs and my 10x10 room were gone. I quitted for a day and then i rejoined with the same account and restarted from there. First time i actually quitted XD
  • Omg okay mine is really stupid, especially since this was recently (Around September 2017, something like that anyway) I set up a vend with a Easter umbrella and set the vend to its highest price and put a sign next to it saying offer, I forgot that the max amount a vend went to was 100k so I lost around 250k
  • my most embarassing moment of scam is when i did not get scammed, EVER

Good for you •_•
  • I got scammed so many times.
    once got scammed with angel vends rental.
    thought everyone was gone but the guy was underneath the floor, and pulled the floor away. never saw that guy again, reported him and made support ticket, didn't see again.

once someone wanted to place a portal in my realm. gave him permission somewhere not near to anything he placed but somehow managed to steal an item be4 i changed back my realm settings. still have the trash room. probably the worst scam of them all.

and ofcourse sir. hayes slime payaway. not that bad of a scam, but by far the most annoying one, because this scam is possibly still being allowed as a bs skill payaway.
  • Y’all are gonna laugh, but keep in mind this was when I was newb :P

-scammed all my c (198c) along with few other items in a reg because I was desperate for a reg, so the guy told me to give him the items first, then he’ll break the register and give it to me.
    -computer, table, signs stolen in my starter realm because I stupidly trusted 2 people who wanted to “help”
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    lucaaa795 said:

my most embarassing moment of scam is when i did not get scammed, EVER

well you sound to me like youre still pretty fresh on cc...Ah the old times when there was no confirmation and no strict rules..The old times..
    Well I've never been scammed either :P
  • XeymirXeymir Member
    edited January 2018
    Ugh... OK here

1. Got scammed when I was a newbie by giving perm to someone who wanted to "help" build my shop. I crashed, and rip that reg costing 500c, and everything else in a starter realm.
    2. I was on an alt, luckily, BC I quit my old acc due to stupid name changes. I managed to get a pet cat, and someone wanted to give me a room.I let them, the went up to my second floor, right above thepet, they placed the door, broke a block obove the pet, and stole the pet.
    3. I made a trusted friend, she scammed all my items in my shop on my alt.
    4. Back on my main acc, woo! But, I was having 100% TRUSTED friends help build my shop, (before flash bumpers) and some guy came in after, (forgot to turn everyone build off after unlocking,) and he stole all my bumpers until I heard building, so he got scared and left.
    5. All the pay aways, rental, and reg scams that are out there and I got scammed by.
  • people telling me they were hackers in 2014
  • I was selling potatoes in my realm and I said friend me! But I got this: Who can build in my realm? My friends. And I left my realm because I was going to eat. Then when I finished my farm was half quarters destroyed. And he said ty... I got so angry?...... It was lucky I store corn in chests. Now I have recovered.
  • Vend scam and a drop game when I just started playing the game
  • Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I fell for one of those... well, the one where there are three vending machines surrounded by scaffolding. The owner breaks the scaffolding on the first and second, which are a good deal but only have one item each. And then the third.. you probably know. Spent 4,000 instead of 400. But this was months ago and I've learned from my mistake. :P
  • I fell for a drop game when I started playing and I fell for a foot print scam :)
  • When i was a wittle nub nub
    I gave some people persmission 3 peeps actually 2 of them scammed me.
    1st one kept telling me to open my chests because he wanted to "see them" and they were protected by a sentry so me being a little nice person broke the chests.. He stole them -_-

2nd wasnt a big deal because this guy stole my gold blocks in my walkway when i was off he hed perm and i forgot
  • I remember when a friend of mine got scammed when someone was trying to scam my ghost costume :/ .
    He said "i want to see it" i wore it and he goes "no i want to see the item thing" and i do /trade to show the icon thing and then he said one of the most stupid things i've ever heard. "I want to see it floating" =_=. Of course i didn't drop but my friend did just to troll him. Bad thing is that he banned all the people in the realm the exact moment my friend dropped his stuff :/ .
    Good thing it wasn't a big thing (just an eyepatch, he wasn't noob so he recovered pretty quickly).
    But it's ridicolously easy to avoid getting scammed from drop games and payaways.
  • when i was a noob *cough 2 years ago cough* i was such a Noooob i trusted a guy cause i was a noob. then he took all my stuff :/ i was such a noob