A few suggestions regarding the events that occurred during the Xmas update

As you all may know, scammers have taken advantage of the fact that the new candy cane item has the same name as the decor. Yes it’s obvious to tell the difference between the items but scammers have bought of ways around that, by surrounding the vend with blocks, placing the players in a box unable to see the vend, I’d like to suggest the items name be changed to something like “candy cane staff”, to avoid confusion. And scamming. Another problem that arose is scammers are now using rentals again to scam. And I’ve combatted, and tested, and figured out their tactic, the real problems with rentals are, you can basically place the foundation bumpers on ANY block as long as a foundation is under that block. What can be done here? Make it to where you can only place the rental bumpers ON the foundation blocks, and when a scammer try’s to place a block that isn’t a foundation block under it, introduce them to a pop up telling them the bumper is not able to be used. This is once and for all(hopefully) eliminate the rental scam FOR GOOD! This rendering scammers unable to perpetrate scam rental plots ever again!

Comments

• It will be changed to "Carry Cane" in the next update.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    +1
  • Hmm but that would be annoying for donating thingies :/ people would be annoyed especially my friends
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    As said the candy cane will have its name changed in the next update.
    Tbh tho if you get to a vend and its surrounded by blocks and in a blizzard stamp environment then maybe, just maybe you are trying to be deceived and buying stuff blindly might not be the safest way to go about buying things.

Same with rental blocks there is a huge warning when you go to rent a block saying do not use these to buy items they are often scams.
    So those people who ignore the warning are as much to blame I think.
    You really want something from a vend or rental plot ask the owner to put the item in a register instead. If he's not around then simply don't buy the item.

Don't get me wrong scammers suck but some of these things are so easily avoided.