How to put things in vends

I just made two sets of hundred sticks and put them in a vendor but people buy all at once ... So how could I put like two hats but to be bought one at a time

Comments

• b3achyb3achy Member
    edited December 2017
    To split out items into stacks to sell in a vending machine, I've always used the glass method as talked about by GDog here:

(You split your stacks. Put a stack on the machine. Glass it. Put a stack on the glass. Remove the glass. Then the second stack drops down on the first. Glass the two stacks. Keep putting a stack on the glass and then removing the glass so the next stack can drop on the stacks in the machine. Put a final piece of glass on the multiple stacks, set your price.)

But there is also the flower method that LiteRary mentions, and is demonstrated by Sir. Pixel here:
    I've never tried it, but it looks much quicker than the original glassing method.

However, if you want to try to sell two hats at once, it can't be done as hats (and all clothing/wearables) stack differently than resources. Resources will clump together because they normally stack in your inventory in one slot (up to a maximum stack size of 20,000). Because of that, you have to force resources to stack in machines separately (using one of the two methods above) else they automatically try to clump together. Hats won't stack in your inventory in a single slot. Each hat takes up one space in your inventory and won't stack together as more than one. So when you place them in the vend, they won't clump together. You have to sell them one at time (as one is its maximum stack size).
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Yea using flowers is a lot quicker, and works too
  • There's also the chest method where you place a chest next to the vend, put something all around it to direct the items to the vend. Split all the items in the chest accordingly and break the chest.
  • Thank you everyone for telling me
  • I watched gdogs vid it was helpful but I still can't sell stackble items like other people can,why not
  • I watched gdogs vid it was helpful but I still can't sell stackble items like other people can,why not

Put a flower/fern/mushroom on your vend then drop it on the vends, also.. this discussion was 3 years ago.. check the date before comment anything.