Welp. We tried.

FCC did a vote on whether or not Net Neutrality should stay. They repealed it, and it's going to be fully gone within a few weeks. BattleForTheNet tried to help, but it didn't too much. So this is probably a vote with an obvious answer butttttttttttttt

Comments

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Can't believe it was repealed...
  • Can't believe it was repealed...

Ikr. God knows what will happen with Mr. I Cheat with Pies and Tronald Dump's insanity.
  • But common sense would say that it will get rejected
  • ffs would be nice if people did a bit of research before posting everywhere. Everyone knew the FCC was going to repeal it, as the FCC is majority Republican atm. The vote was, in fact, 3/2 along party lines. This does not mean Net Neutrality is gone though. Congress has the right to challenge it, and they only need a majority vote (as opposed to the usual 60%). *I* think that Congress will not let the repeal through. The battle isnt over yet, please stop spreading the word that it is. Thats just what the FCC wants.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    If congress decides not to challenge it, I'm sure there will be riots and everything too. Something like 93% (I've also seen 98%, but I'm not sure which is correct. The lower still makes a strong enough point) of the country agrees that Net Neutrality should stay. There's no way that 93% is gonna take this without a fight.
  • and Grey is over here ooh sparkly rock! ITS PURPLE!

It is pretty terrifying to think that my terrible internet could get any worse. Forty dollars is the max I can pay and if they begin piece mealing I am doomed. Goodbye viewing youtube, goodbye Netflix, hello Darkness my old friend :O:!
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited December 2017
    This is not a political discussion forum. You can do that in a million other places online.
This discussion has been closed.