Breed-able Tulips

CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
edited December 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
Hi all! Have you ever appreciate someone so much that you just want to give them special? With the prospects of recubes, a lot of new plants and flowers have been introduced. Personally, I think they are great. But, I want something more out of growing plants. Something like breed-able tulips!

[spoiler=A special someone ^^]

So, how does it work? Well, every plant has to come from something... a seed! These seeds should not be purchasable via the Cubic Store, or through the Farmer's Co-Op. This is just my opinion, but I want tulips to be something special, and that comes out from hard work. These seeds should be only obtainable by cutting a tulip with a knife in a crafting table (or something new o-o). These tulips can be found in mines, preferably forest mines. The amount of seeds you get should vary from 1-3. These seeds will grow into an identical flower to the parent plant.

Pure-bred vs Hybrids. I think it'd be pretty boring if you can only grow a flower that only has a single color. So, these tulips should be open to cross breeding. To grow a hybrid tulip, a qbee should place two seeds of different color next to each other. As the tulip seed grows, it'll have a chance to become a hybrid mix of the two tulips. How these tulips will look, I have two ideas.

Option 1:

Option 2:

In option 1, you have a tulip with a splash of two colors, and in option 2, you have a single color. Personally, I prefer option 1.

So, what colors should tulips be? Well... I think it's best if tulips come in a huge multitude of colors. Not just the colors we have currently. But a wide selection. How difficult this is to implement due to texture size, well... I hope there won't be an issue.

What does a tulip look like? Well, when a tulip is picked (mined), it should resemble a cut rose. When it grows into a mature plant and is ready to harvest, it should... well, uh... an erected flower?

Q: Will you be able to turn these tulips in for recubes?
A: I'm not against the idea, but considering the fairy plants we have now, probably no.

Q: Will you be able to turn these tulips into dyes?
A: Again, I'm not against the idea, so hopefully the devs will also increase the dye spectrum :D

Q: How long will they take to grow?
A: I'd say the same amount of time as a corn does. The tulip will also follow the 24 hour watering rule.

Tags: @*narla* @Missilence @Raizuseku @Renkun

Comments

• It can be placed or just sell it to farmer?
    +1
  • This actually remind me of Blockheads.
    I still like it tho! I would love to see more colorful plants! +1
  • Cute! And it reminds me of the Blockheads too :0
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

This actually remind me of Blockheads.
    I still like it tho! I would love to see more colorful plants! +1

Cute! And it reminds me of the Blockheads too :0

Yea, I pretty much got the idea from there :P

It can be placed or just sell it to farmer?
    +1

I think it'd be nice if you can place it down, perhaps watering it will keep it alive :o
  • Omg yes +6652010
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Got a no ;-; , and without reasons
  • If you want my reason, I simply wouldn't care/use them at all. Therefore it would be better for me if the Devs focused their attention elsewhere. Got no constructive criticism, just a matter of 'I wont use it, so resources spent on it would be better spent elsewhere'
    edited December 2017

If you want my reason, I simply wouldn't care/use them at all. Therefore it would be better for me if the Devs focused their attention elsewhere. Got no constructive criticism, just a matter of 'I wont use it, so resources spent on it would be better spent elsewhere'

Okay, fair enough, but like you said it's not really a strong argument :/
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    The game block heads has basically the exact same thing. There is the normal perfect colors but when you place two of them next to each other they have a chance to breed and make those two colors be on one tulip. I loved breeding tulips in that game because 1. There was many, many you could get and 2. They’re beautiful in general. So +1 for me.
  • +1 from me! Reminds me of my blockheads days cx
  • I loved the idea behind this when they added it on blockheads and it'll be quite amazing to see this added to Cubic Castles as well. So, +1 from me
    U said:

The game block heads has basically the exact same thing. There is the normal perfect colors but when you place two of them next to each other they have a chance to breed and make those two colors be on one tulip. I loved breeding tulips in that game because 1. There was many, many you could get and 2. They’re beautiful in general. So +1 for me.

The colors entices me :D