How does Raffle works?

Can anyone say How does the raffle works? (the one in the town center)

Comments

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    You put raffle tokens into them for prizes?
  • You put raffle tokens into them for prizes?

Can you explain a bit better? How to get prizes? Do we need to do smh for prizes?..?
  • i mean, the more raffle u put the better chance of getting the prize? or just a raffle is enough?
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Vicream said:

You put raffle tokens into them for prizes?

Can you explain a bit better? How to get prizes? Do we need to do smh for prizes?..?
    I'm afraid that's about as simple as it gets.
    MeHawk said:

i mean, the more raffle u put the better chance of getting the prize? or just a raffle is enough?

To be honest, no one but the devs understands how the raffle system works. But I can draw up two speculations.

1) The more raffle tokens you put in, the higher your winning percentage becomes
    2) Your raffle dictates your number, and a random number is generated to determin the winner
  • Technically, one raffle token will be drawn every month from the box, and who owns that token will get the prize.

I think it works this way: The chance of winning equals the amount of coins you put divided by the total amount of coins in the box.
    => Quantity matters

For example, if you put 40 tokens in, and there are 2000 tokens in the box, then the chance of you being chosen is 2%

Tip: Since the amount of tokens in the box is unknown, I usually put 1 coin only.
    Hope this will help!
  • If I had to guess, the raffle system simply registers the name of the user who puts in a raffle token and stores it somewhere. The action of putting the raffle token in the box is probably a means of getting your username or any other identifiers that specifies that it's you who put the raffle token in.

Regarding the chances and amount, if amount matters like CD87 said, then I am assuming they store the number of tokens you put in as well alongside your user identifier so you may have higher chance to win than others based on the amount of tokens you put in. If the amount doesn't matter, then it just stores your info somewhere until they choose a random user at the end.

Could be entirely different though. And also how they choose a random user is not known to us like CD87 said.
  • And what is the prize?
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Vicream said:

And what is the prize?

It changes every month. This month's prize is a Krampus Mask. You can see for yourself by visiting Cubic Town Center or by checking the blue note at the top of our forums.
  • I don't know how it works
  • Can cosmic cow or kewberth explain how the raffles works?
    @CosmicCow @SirKewberth
  • So many answers but which one is true? :o
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    cd87 is correct
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited November 2017

cd87 is correct

I never win the raffle, I'm beginning to think the program is biased against me '^'

(joking)