A suggestion

I think it would be really helpful if there was a switch that doesn't allow anyone in friendslist to teleport to me. So I can mine without people teleporting to me or build without locking my realm. I am pretty sure someone else suggested somsthing similar to this but I don't know for sure

Comments

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    I mean for building, simply use a warp anchor and block it up. If you don't want to talk, tell them. As for mining, if you want alone time, your friends should understand that and leave you be.
  • MeHawkMeHawk Member
    edited November 2017
    +1 i really need this option, or a new mannequin like think called decoy, which can be place by a played only one anywhere in his realm, which makes the players tping him will go to the realm where the decoy is.
  • Thse had been suggested for quite many times, even the players are supporting this, but the dev haven't decide yet to include this in-game, maybe they think this will affect the social activities in-game :/
  • I mean for building, simply use a warp anchor and block it up. If you don't want to talk, tell them. As for mining, if you want alone time, your friends should understand that and leave you be.

Good suggestion, but warp anchors don’t always work. I have several and occasionally players still land on me. I think the best way is to lock your realm if you don’t want visitors. However, I would like to add that it would be most helpful to create a way that teleporting players could port near you instead of on you. I find It annoying when someone shows up right on top of me, yet I know it’s not their fault.
  • Giant_Giant_ Member
    edited November 2017
    We absolutely need this feature (block teleport / appear offline) and a better friend's list manager and maybe the ability to chat with friends who are not in he same room as you.

The problem of people teleporting to you and landing on your drops or their friends deliberately griefing and trying to steal your mined resources or ghost traps or anything else is not just a problem of teleporting either... imo, if you mine something it should go directly to your inventory unless your inventory is full - that's the problem with drops. Mined items not going to inventory causes soooo many fights and/or aggravation pls do something about it.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Shaanti said:

I mean for building, simply use a warp anchor and block it up. If you don't want to talk, tell them. As for mining, if you want alone time, your friends should understand that and leave you be.

Good suggestion, but warp anchors don’t always work. I have several and occasionally players still land on me. I think the best way is to lock your realm if you don’t want visitors. However, I would like to add that it would be most helpful to create a way that teleporting players could port near you instead of on you. I find It annoying when someone shows up right on top of me, yet I know it’s not their fault.
    Really? I never had an occasion when the warp anchor never worked.
    Giant_ said:

We absolutely need this feature (block teleport / appear offline) and a better friend's list manager and maybe the ability to chat with friends who are not in he same room as you.

The problem of people teleporting to you and landing on your drops or their friends deliberately griefing and trying to steal your mined resources or ghost traps or anything else is not just a problem of teleporting either... imo, if you mine something it should go directly to your inventory unless your inventory is full - that's the problem with drops. Mined items not going to inventory causes soooo many fights and/or aggravation pls do something about it.

Then un friend those "friends."
  • +1 for me ;) good idea!
  • Giant_ said:

I like your idea about being able to chat with friends who are not in the same realm as you! :)
  • Honestly I kinda disagree and agree on this one, mining with so many friends teleporting to you is yeah a bit "Annoying" sometimes most specially when they get your stuffs but looking in a different and realistic perspective "why add friends when you dont want them to see you?" I know lot of players would disagree on this one but for me thats just reality xD

But instead of them not teleporting to you I think one great way is that when players tp to someone in mine, they would spawn in the portal rather than the player itself, this is one way to prevent players stealing resources or blocks...

Btw I like giant's suggestion though (ability to chat friends that are not in the same room) this would help players so much specially when a close friend thinks youre hiding someting to him or her when your realm is locked xD
  • +1
    It's really annoying when people tp to me in the middle of a mine and start mining my XP Site.
    kurt... said:

Honestly I kinda disagree and agree on this one, mining with so many friends teleporting to you is yeah a bit "Annoying" sometimes most specially when they get your stuffs but looking in a different and realistic perspective "why add friends when you dont want them to see you?" I know lot of players would disagree on this one but for me thats just reality xD

But instead of them not teleporting to you I think one great way is that when players tp to someone in mine, they would spawn in the portal rather than the player itself, this is one way to prevent players stealing resources or blocks...

Btw I like giant's suggestion though (ability to chat friends that are not in the same room) this would help players so much specially when a close friend thinks youre hiding someting to him or her when your realm is locked xD

If they spawn at the portal, what's to stop them from stealing when they get to you. To be honest, I see more downside to this compromise. Let's say you are co mining, one person is an anchor, and another is the miner. It becomes annoying if you constantly have to walk all the way back. Or if your friend needs a bomb, it becomes rather annoying.
  • DafniDafni Member

And if you don't want to talk, just use a mute bumper.
  • Maybe they could make a chat inside of the friends where you can tp or unfriend another one called chat and you can chat and it notifis you if you dont want nofi you can turn off or block em :)