Dieing of crops: Not good for Casual Players

2»

Comments

• Dreadful  KnoPDreadful KnoP Member
    edited November 2017
    Sorry for my bad english concerning the " adding stuff to admin.."
    I was meaning it's once more some work added to the to do list of developpers for something minor (to me).

When i lost my harvest, it was due to technical issue (1250 corn crops wasted), but as you said, each player has his own reaction /sensibilty with it.

I finally dont really care about how things will go about this...

I'm just not supporting the idea since i really prefer that admin focus on doorway glitch (3years old) - car glitch that allow to cross wall - Unlog-relog things that allow to jump floor... that are real issues & ruins tons of gameplay (sorry for lil off topic)
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited November 2017

i really prefer that admin focus on doorway glitch (3years old) - car glitch that allow to cross wall - Unlog-relog things that allow to jump floor... that are real issues & ruins tons of gameplay (sorry for lil off topic)

Same
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

I'm just not supporting the idea since i really prefer that admin focus on doorway glitch (3years old) - car glitch that allow to cross wall - Unlog-relog things that allow to jump floor... that are real issues & ruins tons of gameplay (sorry for lil off topic)

Please PM me a list of these concerns and how to reproduce them.
  • I cant plant on wet soil because when I do, tomorrow they will wither...
    ALL of them!
  • edited November 2017
    Might i suggest asking one of your friends to water your crops for you while you are away? I'm sure your close friends would love to help you out for free or for a small % of your harvest. Then, all you have to do is pick the right crop to fit the average time you are away for.
  • I lost 1k rc when I haven't watered them for the final day(all my plants died).
    So why would I bother planting again?
    Maybe atleast [insert number]% chance to drop seeds when pulling withered plants since I can't buy another seeds..

And yeah I only play once a month now. I relate with OP having too many things to do.
  • I lost 1k rc when I haven't watered them for the final day(all my plants died).
    Maybe atleast [insert number]% chance to drop seeds when pulling withered plants since I can't buy another seeds..

And yeah I only play once a month now. I relate with OP having too many things to do.

I lost 600+ crops aswell... it withered in a weird pattern though, some were withered yet some lasted a few more hours without being watered. To be honest i liked it better when the soil could be watered without crops on it so if the soil is wet when you pull the crop, it runs out instead of glitching
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

Might i suggest asking one of your friends to water your crops for you while you are away? I'm sure your close friends would love to help you out for free or for a small % of your harvest. Then, all you have to do is pick the right crop to fit the average time you are away for.

Apparently he has no friends that play actively anymore, so this wouldn't really work.

I lost 1k rc when I haven't watered them for the final day(all my plants died).

:o, I think this is a good compromise!
  • MotivationMotivation Member
    edited November 2017
    Y'all can stop now cause I took care of his plants. I've been watering them for 3 days now so no need to be salty.
    #StopTheHate
  • Hmhmhmhmh i know this might be a stupid idea but maybe when you dont water them then they come out as an uhh worse quality? like you get lets say if you have uhh 1 potato and sell it you get like 1 recubes less nono bad idea BAD :v
  • Pyreon said:

I rarely play Cubic Castles right now. But I still want to get my farm going while I'm gone from time to time.

But it's just not possible, and it's not that easy.

I know, SPRINKLERS. But what about the people who are stuck in limbo, like me?
    I'm still like level 4 on farming, because i just play casual.

And I just hate it when everytime I'm gone and I have those tomatoes planted, I just get upset and say "Damn it! They're going to die again."
    And then I end up right, 2/3 of the farm died.

For those people who say I should stop farming, I said "I STILL WANT TO GET MY FARM GOING WHILE IM GONE"
    READ BETWEEN THE LINES!

How about instead of dieing, it just stops growing, not stop growing as in DIE, it hesitates. It stays on the current stage.

Play FarmVille
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    *>Remo<* said:

Hmhmhmhmh i know this might be a stupid idea but maybe when you dont water them then they come out as an uhh worse quality? like you get lets say if you have uhh 1 potato and sell it you get like 1 recubes less nono bad idea BAD :v

Ooh, instead you get spoiled "insert name?"
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    edited November 2017
    HrothGar said:

Pyreon said:

I rarely play Cubic Castles right now. But I still want to get my farm going while I'm gone from time to time.

But it's just not possible, and it's not that easy.

I know, SPRINKLERS. But what about the people who are stuck in limbo, like me?
    I'm still like level 4 on farming, because i just play casual.

And I just hate it when everytime I'm gone and I have those tomatoes planted, I just get upset and say "Damn it! They're going to die again."
    And then I end up right, 2/3 of the farm died.

For those people who say I should stop farming, I said "I STILL WANT TO GET MY FARM GOING WHILE IM GONE"
    READ BETWEEN THE LINES!

How about instead of dieing, it just stops growing, not stop growing as in DIE, it hesitates. It stays on the current stage.

Play FarmVille
    LOL. I have played FarmVille in an early time. Now I wish CC farming is like FarmVille. haha

I really like John Grey's idea of a chance to pick up a seed from withered plants though as well
  • Well, the fall/thanksgiving update is here. Now the watering time is back to 24hrs. It was like 36 before now I'm scared for my wheat I just planted..
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    edited November 2017
    Another update has come, i hope moti is still watering my plants while waiting for the mac release
  • *MaryMoon**MaryMoon* Member
    edited November 2017

BJDware said:

I had crops, never had time to play cc, they died. Didn’t have any recubed or more crops, couldn’t buy starter pack.
    And don’t attack me with JUST BUY CROPS.

Just buy seeds and sprinkles xD
    Gettings seeds and sprinklers are a mere eventuality. There is still the issue of here and there.

Pyreon said:

@CanItBeDone ...
    Rather than I'm a casual player, i'm also losing interest in the game.
    I play very rarely

Not blaming, but why CC should change anything for someone who's losing interest in the game?
    Outside of the box, instead of focusing singly on one individual's experience, why should players be forced to play each day just to grow farms. Shouldn't the casual and full time players enjoy the feature equally?
    The casual player can't spend a couple minutes for a game? I have a younger brother who doesn't play this game, but even he can spend 5 minutes to water the plant. How is this so difficult to manage?
    He already stated he has a diagnosed issue which causes him to forget. DIAGNOSED meaning medical... Something he has no control over... Which I sympathize with tremendously.
    And he has to have the sprinkler perk to use sprinklers so that doesn't help.
    As for the casual player.. well, there is tons of stuff for the casual player, in fact farming is the only thing u need log in everyday for.. SO i don't see why that should change. But i also agree with Sidd in that there's no harm in pausing growth if admin is able to implement something like that for people who for whatever reason are not able to get in everyday..
    Maybe Pyreon, try setting an alarm on your phone. Or maybe making a note and placing it where you will walk past it several times a day so in that way you are reminding yourself to water your plants when u get 5 minutes to do so? It can be a pain to log in only to water to your plants but in fact there are lots of players who do so. And i'm sure if you leave yourself notes, and find farming important you could manage often enough to get to the level where you can have sprinklers and no longer worry about it.

BJDware said:

I had crops, never had time to play cc, they died. Didn’t have any recubed or more crops, couldn’t buy starter pack.
    And don’t attack me with JUST BUY CROPS.

Just buy seeds and sprinkles xD
    Gettings seeds and sprinklers are a mere eventuality. There is still the issue of here and there.

Pyreon said:

@CanItBeDone ...
    Rather than I'm a casual player, i'm also losing interest in the game.
    I play very rarely

Not blaming, but why CC should change anything for someone who's losing interest in the game?
    Outside of the box, instead of focusing singly on one individual's experience, why should players be forced to play each day just to grow farms. Shouldn't the casual and full time players enjoy the feature equally?
    The casual player can't spend a couple minutes for a game? I have a younger brother who doesn't play this game, but even he can spend 5 minutes to water the plant. How is this so difficult to manage?
    He already stated he has a diagnosed issue which causes him to forget. DIAGNOSED meaning medical... Something he has no control over... Which I sympathize with tremendously.
    And he has to have the sprinkler perk to use sprinklers so that doesn't help.
    As for the casual player.. well, there is tons of stuff for the casual player, in fact farming is the only thing u need log in everyday for.. SO i don't see why that should change. But i also agree with Sidd in that there's no harm in pausing growth if admin is able to implement something like that for people who for whatever reason are not able to get in everyday..
    Maybe Pyreon, try setting an alarm on your phone. Or maybe making a note and placing it where you will walk past it several times a day so in that way you are reminding yourself to water your plants when u get 5 minutes to do so? It can be a pain to log in only to water to your plants but in fact there are lots of players who do so. And i'm sure if you leave yourself notes, and find farming important you could manage often enough to get to the level where you can have sprinklers and no longer worry about it.
    Huh, seems like edit that part in after I quoted it. But what I said doesn't relate to his medical condition... I'm saying that if he, being a casual player, can't spend 5 minutes on a game, I wouldn't call that the devs issue. But anyways, as he stated, he just doesn't have enough time. So i doubt setting alarms will help.
  • the reminders don't work, i also forget to place any kind of physical reminder
  • Y'all can stop arguing now as I got Pyreon's back in farming.
  • @Motivation the arguement is still on with people who really don't have time.

Y'all can stop arguing now as I got Pyreon's back in farming.

Considering he isn't the only person with this issue, I don't think this thread should be close simply because you can help him water.
  • edited November 2017
    As a player who was unexpectedly cut off CC all my crops died but I am ok with that. I like that crops die and you just have to find time, not farm, or be willing to roll with the loses. After all it is just virtual and always can be recovered. I know when I get back to CC I have a mess on my hands and a months worth of work down the toilet essentially but I am ready!

That is not to say there isn't a valid point to the other side of the coin. It defiantly be frustrating if you are a person who has no hope of getting a farm going. Different opinions and desires are great >:). We all have different play styles.