An idea !

Hi guys
I have an idea , please make a way for us to upload our music in our realm in cubic castles !
Thanks

Comments

• copyright issues though... and think of what music people listen to. for all we know they could listen to inapropriate music...
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    1: copyright issues
    2: small kids who like to put down i like to play pokemon go and such
  • Sounds good
    but the downside is it will make cubic castle consume more memory space on device. as big as file size of youtube app. and additional, the cache memory.

I think copyrights won't be an issue if cubic castle disclaims the sounds played.

Problems to encounter:
    -pranksters putting glass breaking sounds in their realm
    -explicit sounds by some owners
    -new tasks for moderators
    -RIP servers :)

Perks:
    -You can share musics with friends inside the game
    -Become the DJ of your own realm!
    -Best DJs attracts visitors ;)

Recommendations:
    -add disable custom player audio
    -limited upload size

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I do agree that some mechanism for having "your own" music would be nice. And I have some ideas along these lines that we may be able to do in the future. But yeah we can't just trivially let people upload songs to realms. Quite difficult and as others have pointed out a legal can of worms.
  • but still most songs players listen to are copyrighted. so copyrighting every single song would take the devs forever... and if they used copyrighted music it puts the devs at risk of being sued by the people who copyrighted the songs used...
  • Hi guys
    What ?!?! copyright ? All of the musics are in youtube for free
  • copyright is basically using someone elses ideas or creations and claiming them as your own. we all remember a certain player who tried cheating in a forumers drawing contest(which had ended way before he posted the stolen image. the forumer(choosing not to say his name) took a picture drawn by a person online of a robot dog, removed the guys name, then put his own name and claimed he spent hours drawing it. wwhen clearly it wasnt his. what im saying is youd need permission from each somngs maker to use the song in a game or whatever u intend on on using it for.
  • I do agree that some mechanism for having "your own" music would be nice. And I have some ideas along these lines that we may be able to do in the future. But yeah we can't just trivially let people upload songs to realms. Quite difficult and as others have pointed out a legal can of worms.

but maybe so only you can hear it?
  • I do agree that some mechanism for having "your own" music would be nice. And I have some ideas along these lines that we may be able to do in the future. But yeah we can't just trivially let people upload songs to realms. Quite difficult and as others have pointed out a legal can of worms.

Hmmm... Maybe kid friendly music approved and chosen by you? And maybe to avoid copyright, you could cut the music in half.
  • Maybe like a Launchpad? that we can make simple tunes out of loops and other short tracks.
  • edited October 2017

Hi guys

Umm...

If I play Stronger Than You, (the official version)

I need copyrights from Crewniverse, Rebecca Sugar and Estelle.

And guess what, the people who downloaded the song did get copyrights ya dingy doodle.

Or else its pirating...
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

Hi guys

Thats totally not true, almost all songs are copyrighted BUT you can ask permission to the one that has made the copyright on it if you may use the song, almost always by downloading songs you actually break the rules and risk getting a hugh fine