Cubic Castles for linux

edited October 2017 in Help Requests
Hi guys
Hey ! I have an idea , i think Cubic Castles really needs to be in Linux !
Please make a linux version of Cubic Castles !
Thanks !

Comments

• Could you explain what Linux is?
  • Could you explain what Linux is?

I believe it's an open source Operating System. I haven't read much into it because personally I've never needed to use it but you can go here for more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited October 2017
    +10
    but idk if the admins would be able to make such thing, i mean, too many events and updates make their "to-do list" really long

i hope a day they make a linux version, but probally will take years
  • I have been a Linux user for a long long time..and sure i would love too see a Linux version of cc.but im pretty sure there Will never be one because it would not be worth thé trouble for admins for just a few linuxusers.But Maybe you could try emulating it through wine for Linux. But it Will put alot of stress on your processor tho.
    I myself dual boot linux with Windows 10 just too play Cc ...but it's Worth it. ;-).
    Grtz'. Koek
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    This is one of those effort vs reward trade-offs. I'd like a linux version but I don't know if there'd be enough linux players to warrant it. Because it's not just porting to linux. It means that every time we update in the future we need to update for linux as well. So it's sort of setting us up for a lot of extra work, with unclear payoff. If I knew we'd have a lot of linux players I'd do it though. I'm just not sure the linux gaming audience is large enough for our game.
  • I'd love a linux version and then I'd have no reason to continue to have a Windows laptop. But for now, I play games on Windows and do real work on my Linux systems. It's probably good to keep the two separate anyway. :)