Soil Placement Pattern for Small Sprinklers (SPPSS) hehe

Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
edited September 2017 in General Chat
Orange: sprinker
Green: soil

Repeating this pattern gives the best placement for a farm with small sprinkers. Pretty easy, yes, but I heard some people made designs which wasted some space, so dropping it here for those who didn't figure this out. No worries. We got your back.

Below is the optimum room usage for 500 soil and 125 sprinkers. A room of size 27x27 will be enough for this placement.

Comments

• Not to mention that optimizing the pattern for small sprinklers is way more economical than purchasing any big sprinklers at 5x the price of the small ones as they only cover double the area!

500 crops needs 125 small sprinklers or 62.5 (which really means 63) big sprinklers:
    125 small sprinklers x 50 recubes = 6,250 recubes
    62.5 big sprinklers -> 63 big sprinklers x 250 recubes = 15,750 recubes
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    Indeed. The only drawback is if tractors can't move over sprinkers. Then using the small ones will be a hassle with the tractor. And then we'd need the big sprinkers.
  • Indeed. The only drawback is if tractors can't move over sprinkers. Then using the small ones will be a hassle with the tractor. And then we'd need the big sprinkers.

Phantom-foam the sprinkler :D
  • edited September 2017
    This is what I been trying to convey to people about the small sprinklers. Ty <3
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember
    *bookmarks post* >_>
  • Dreadful  KnoPDreadful KnoP Member
    edited September 2017
    Nice Pattern McWolf =)
    b3achy said:

Not to mention that optimizing the pattern for small sprinklers is way more economical than purchasing any big sprinklers at 5x the price of the small ones as they only cover double the area!

500 crops needs 125 small sprinklers or 62.5 (which really means 63) big sprinklers:
    125 small sprinklers x 50 recubes = 6,250 recubes
    62.5 big sprinklers -> 63 big sprinklers x 250 recubes = 15,750 recubes

...an other hand 15000 recubes will be the harvest of a single 500 wheat seeds =p
  • I actually need almost 60 big sprinklers fo my farm... well 15k recubes?!
  • Does tractor bumps in to sprinklers?
  • Djedo said:

Does tractor bumps in to sprinklers?

I think so
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Stevenlol said:

Djedo said:

I think so
    What about if they are phantom foamed.
    I would assume they would pass straight through then.
    gdog said:

Stevenlol said:

Djedo said:

I think so
    But then would the sprinkers work?
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator

gdog said:

Stevenlol said:

Djedo said:

I think so
    Should do. All other phantom foamed objects still work. Cannons, Fire Traps etc.
  • gdog said:

gdog said:

Stevenlol said:

Djedo said:

I think so
    Should do. All other phantom foamed objects still work. Cannons, Fire Traps etc.
    off topic
    does phantom foamed soil work?
  • I built my own 27x27 small sprinkler farm and it was really nice. I think I’ll make 4 more and just leave when I have land manager 5
  • Awww, that's the pattern of the small?
    Then what's the pattern for the big?
  • Awww, that's the pattern of the small?
    Then what's the pattern for the big?

I guess it will be this:

S: Sprinkler
    F: Farm Soil

FFFFFFFFF
    FSFFSFFSF
    FFFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFFF
    FSFFSFFSF
    FFFFFFFFF

and just like that
  • Forum post necromancer monkey here, I'm guessing the pattern for the large is all 8 squares surrounding the sprinkler? Also requiring more space per sprinkler?

Forum post necromancer monkey here, I'm guessing the pattern for the large is all 8 squares surrounding the sprinkler? Also requiring more space per sprinkler?

It waters the 8 around it, yes. So you need to place less sprinklers, thus saving more space if that's an issue.
  • Call me a big spender, but I'd still rather use the big sprinklers, even if it costs 15k rc. I like to have the best stuff in mah farm '^'
    Also, I already arranged my entire field to fit big sprinklers, so it would take a whole lot of remodeling to change it
    JackFury said:

Call me a big spender, but I'd still rather use the big sprinklers, even if it costs 15k rc. I like to have the best stuff in mah farm '^'
    Also, I already arranged my entire field to fit big sprinklers, so it would take a whole lot of remodeling to change it

It's all fine. Eventually we would all have enough recubes to buy tractors every week XD so it's all good. Starting small and slowly upgrading works best. Instead of having to wait to buy one big sprink, you can buy 10 small ones and make enough crops out of them to be able to afford 10 big sprinks.
  • JackFury said:

Call me a big spender, but I'd still rather use the big sprinklers, even if it costs 15k rc. I like to have the best stuff in mah farm '^'

It's all fine. Eventually we would all have enough recubes to buy tractors every week XD so it's all good. Starting small and slowly upgrading works best. Instead of having to wait to buy one big sprink, you can buy 10 small ones and make enough crops out of them to be able to afford 10 big sprinks.
    Ye, the problem with that is, what would I do with all the small sprinklers when I replaced them? No one would want to buy them by the time I had gotten large ones, most everyone else would have them too. And if someone was buying them, it would be an incredibly low price, so meh. Ima just skip them. Still, this is a good idea, and could be helpful for other peeps c:
  • JackFury said:

JackFury said:

Ye, the problem with that is, what would I do with all the small sprinklers when I replaced them? No one would want to buy them by the time I had gotten large ones, most everyone else would have them too. And if someone was buying them, it would be an incredibly low price, so meh. Ima just skip them. Still, this is a good idea, and could be helpful for other peeps c:
    Start farmin on an alt and get a small advantage
  • i saw the soil pattern like:
    [ ] - soil
    O - sprinkler

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] O [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] O [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] O [ ]
    [ ]O [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] O [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] O [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] O [ ]
    [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] O [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] O [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] O [ ] [ ]

like 4 soils and then a sprinkler when you placed it horizontally or

[ ]
    [ ]
    [ ]
    [ ]

sprinklers placed slightly diagonally
  • This was very helpful to me, thanks sane
  • If you place sprinklers in this pattern, it will be easier to use tractor
    A-sprinkler
    B-soil
    C-nothing

BBBBBBBBBBBB
    AAAAAAAAAAAA
    BBBBBBBBBBBB
    CCCCCCCCCCCC
    BBBBBBBBBBBB
    AAAAAAAAAAAA
    BBBBBBBBBBBB

it would cost more recubes, that's the bad point
  • Acu10 said:

If you place sprinklers in this pattern, it will be easier to use tractor
    A-sprinkler
    B-soil
    C-nothing

BBBBBBBBBBBB
    AAAAAAAAAAAA
    BBBBBBBBBBBB
    CCCCCCCCCCCC
    BBBBBBBBBBBB
    AAAAAAAAAAAA
    BBBBBBBBBBBB

Well, yes, sppss is kinda messy, but the point of it is to use this method UNTIL you have the perk for large sprinklers and enough Recubes to purchase enough.
    Acu10 said:

If you place sprinklers in this pattern, it will be easier to use tractor
    A-sprinkler
    B-soil
    C-nothing

BBBBBBBBBBBB
    AAAAAAAAAAAA
    BBBBBBBBBBBB
    CCCCCCCCCCCC
    BBBBBBBBBBBB
    AAAAAAAAAAAA
    BBBBBBBBBBBB

Once you can afford a tractor you can definitely afford the big sprinks, and the format with that is also tractor friendly.
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    125 small sprinklers precisely :)
  • BunnYCubiTBunnYCubiT Member
    edited October 2017

gdog said:

gdog said:

Stevenlol said:

Djedo said:

I think so
    off topic
    Should work; As -Gdog said, functional things work if they're phantom foamed. But I'd experiment it with tomatoes, because those are the cheapest. No loss if it didn't work, basically.
    Not sure if I tagged -Gdog.. I edited, but it probably still tagged him.
    whoops sorry.
  • gdog said:

gdog said:

Stevenlol said:

Djedo said:

I think so
    off topic
    Should work; As -Gdog said, functional things work if they're phantom foamed. But I'd experiment it with tomatoes, because those are the cheapest. No loss if it didn't work, basically.
    Not sure if I tagged -Gdog.. I edited, but it probably still tagged him.
    whoops sorry.
    To tag someone, you type in @username. Also, small sprinklers don't need to be phantom foamed, you can already walk through them.