Perks to Avoid

PiousPious Member
edited July 2018 in General Chat
I'm writing this because I've been playing this game for what seems like forever now, and it irritates me how people pick perks without knowing how worthless they really end up being.
- Note, this does not include Pet Pal or Hydro Expert, as they can be useful, but only if they are utilized.
So, without further ado, here are the Perks you should avoid getting when leveling your character:
Perks to Avoid
  1. Mad Hatter
    The Mad Hatter perk is without a doubt one of the most worthless perks. This is because it only grants you one of the three hats: a Tophat, a Beanie, or a Feather Hat. These hats have become so worthless that they often can be purchased for 10-25c, but you're more likely just going to get them as random drops on a donation table. Additionally, you are also unable to Recube these hats, so they are now even more worthless.
  2. Spindizzy
    Real simple reason this perk is worthless: all it does is allows you to do a little spin in mid-air when double-jumping.
  3. All Fonts (Fancy, Zany, Eastern, Horror, Robotik)
    Many new players see higher level players with their nifty fonts and say; "Hey. I want that too." But it's such an awful waste of a perk actually getting them. Perks are meant to aid you in the game. However, with fonts, you gain nothing beneficial to you. Your name simply pops a little more. Additionally, it isn't up to you what Font options you get the first time around, and no matter what you do, you can't get around picking one to access the others eventually. I actually quite like the Fancy font, so I aimed on getting it. I had to pick 3 of the other 4 fonts to finally get it as an option. Such an inconvenience.
  4. Emo
    Emo is my least favorite perk. It is the most worthless perk. Emo allows you to express emotions on your Qbee by inputting the emotes in the in-game chat. i.e, If I typed ":)", my Qbee would then Smile.
    For reference, here are the emotes:
    :) ⸺ :( ⸺ :D ⸺ >:( ⸺ :P ⸺ :O ⸺ ;) ⸺ :3 ⸺ *^^* ⸺ :Q: ⸺ :'(
  5. Cubits
    Cubits? Yes, cubits. Later in the game, when you're just about done collecting every perk you want, and almost at the level cap, you'll start receiving "Cubits" as a perk. This perk is a one-time-use, which grants you 1,000 cubits. And by this time, you've played enough to know 1,000c does not go a long ways. It is a waste of a perk, and a disappointing sight when you're approaching the end-levels.
Broken-ish Perks
  1. Attractor
    Broken. Ish. I say that because this perk does attract blocks broken when turned on. But. It cancels two other perks that many wish to utilize: Harvester and Miner. This has been an issue since the perks were a thing, been brought up several times, and yet it has yet to be changed. If you have Attractor on, you will not have a chance to receive doubled resources or rations.
  2. Harvester "Farmer"
    Another issue that exists with this perk, is not only that it is cancelled out by Attractor, but that it also doesn't fulfill it's description— entirely. In Mines, plants do have a chance to produce double rations. However, if you take the plants with you, replant them anywhere, and wait for them to bare fruit, they will never again yield doubled rations. This prevents you from getting lucky with your own farms.
  • Note: I have been told that Harvester does in fact continue to function appropriately with Yumberry Bushes alone, but I have not confirmed this myself.
Good for a Time
  1. Super XP
    Super XP is of course, a very beneficial perk as you are in the process of leveling. But what about once you finish leveling? I'm sure you realize now, once you've capped, Super XP no longer is beneficial anymore. So just take that into consideration. Perhaps you want ALL the perks, regardless of how wasteful they might be. And you can live without that Super XP bonus. Well, good luck to you. You can still reach the max level, but it'll be more of a journey getting there for you. At least then you won't have an additional three perks with no use to you.
And that's it for perks to avoid, or at least take into deeper consideration when leveling your character. If you wish to obtain those last few perks you want towards the end, be mindful of what perks you choose when you begin.
That's all, folks.
Please leave questions or comments.

Comments

• dissagree!!
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Funniest is that what you think is useless i want to have the most xD
    (Exept mad hatter, cubits and farmer xD)
  • Font and spindizzy are my fav perks lol
  • Great post Pious, something to add to Attractor that is HIGHLY important if you have it on blocks you pull will disappear after twenty minutes. With Attractor off the blocks you pull like when fixing something say in a build will not go poof thus less stress of cleanup.
  • i got trapped by fonts 2 times!
  • font and spindizzy are good :D i wanted a one font ;-; i didnt got and im lvl 31...im expecting to get one ;-;
  • font and spindizzy are good :D i wanted a one font ;-; i didnt got and im lvl 31...im expecting to get one ;-;

They're only for look. Many more useful ones exist .
  • UPDATE: I now have a level 60 alt with all perks except Emo and Mad Hatter. So it can be done. And it's a pretty glorious alt. Just wish I had the same Farming level on it, and I'd main it from now on.

- Additionally, I've actually found you can skip from level 48 all the way to 60 if you save every quest until reaching level 48, including the Quest Pack. So if any of you want to have some easy level 60's, just Level to 48 without questing, and then let the quests begin!
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Pious said:

UPDATE: I now have a level 60 alt with all perks except Emo and Mad Hatter. So it can be done. And it's a pretty glorious alt. Just wish I had the same Farming level on it, and I'd main it from now on.

- Additionally, I've actually found you can skip from level 48 all the way to 60 if you save every quest until reaching level 48, including the Quest Pack. So if any of you want to have some easy level 60's, just Level to 48 without questing, and then let the quests begin!

Wait so does that mean that the xp needed per level always stays the same, you just get less per ammount of blocks?
  • edited September 2017
    Lol they are going to want to bury pious with his released secret of super leveling.
  • LightosphereLightosphere Member
    edited September 2017
    Nice thing you wrote up there.
    If I remember correctly the Yumberries give you 1 - 5 berries per bush, there was a section in recipes site that showed what we would get by mining things, but it had been removed.
    And also Spindizzy isn't totally an unuseful perk, back then I (with jumpman) and my cousin (with spindizzy) were trying to jump in same time since it looked like both of us were able to climb a wall which was unreachable without jump perk (about 5 blocks high), in the first jump I jumped higher than him, and then in the second jump, we reached same height.
  • edited September 2017
    lucaaa795 said:

_Elf said:

what
    This is NOT a suggestion to reply with +1 / -1 If you disagree with him then write a reason for godness sake.
    All the perks are useful. Maybe you could say things nicely do not bossy people it is not nice. This is not even your discussion.
  • _Elf said:

lucaaa795 said:

_Elf said:

what
    This is NOT a suggestion to reply with +1 / -1 If you disagree with him then write a reason for godness sake.
    I do not like this suggestion because all the perks are useful. Maybe you could say things nicely do not bossy people it is not nice. This is not even your discussion.
    This is in general tchat, not suggestion section . The thread is named "Perk to avoid" , not "perks to remove" . It's for the players, not the devs .
  • PiousPious Member
    edited September 2017

Pious said:

UPDATE: I now have a level 60 alt with all perks except Emo and Mad Hatter. So it can be done. And it's a pretty glorious alt. Just wish I had the same Farming level on it, and I'd main it from now on.

Wait so does that mean that the xp needed per level always stays the same, you just get less per ammount of blocks?
    Yes, that (basically) is correct.
    Excluding the first few levels, in which you actually just have to gain a lot less exp. The amount of exp required per level does rise, not significantly though.
    The real trouble people have with leveling, something many may not even realize as they are is that you gain less experience per action (breaking/placing/crafting). On level 1, you gain I believe around 15 exp. per block. That decreases rapidly every level until you no longer even make one exp per block.

Utilizing my method, you can avoid the downright most painful levels. I just hope you know how to do all the quests.
  • edited September 2017
    Pious is basically suggesting we avoid these perks, we do not have to

I will edit my comment to stop everyone complaining.
  • _Elf said:

Pious is basically suggesting we avoid these perks, we do not have to

I will edit my comment to stop everyone complaining.

Correct. Go ahead and pick them if you so choose. You were warned.
  • If I do not pick them will I get good perks
  • _Elf said:

If I do not pick them will I get good perks

well if you don't pick the useless perks then you would get the good/useful perks :v
  • Too late for us tho we already picked all these useless perks
  • You are not able to get all perks even when reaching level Sixty, I sure wish a thread like this existed when I first started. It is a well made thread, it gives the reasoning to why is less useful and is put on a tier. It is no way telling you what to do, it is suggesting....as a suggestion thread to ensure you have all the perks you desire even when you have reached maxed level.
  • Too late for us tho we already picked all these useless perks

Not for me >:D
  • edited September 2017
    Fyi perks dont just aidplayers, they customize and make them unique. Thats why I want a font. I really hate the bland letters. Im thinking either fancy, for my mannered, civilised and organized part, spooky for my bitter part, or cartoony for my rather goofy behaviour.

But the c perk is bleh, even for me, since I have already reached 50k which is basically 49 000 more c.
  • Font seems like it would be useful if you wanted to get noticed when trading. Actually, exe mask might be better suited to that, because of it's black speechbubble.
  • Font seems like it would be useful if you wanted to get noticed when trading. Actually, exe mask might be better suited to that, because of it's black speechbubble.

Yas, also people seem to have a higher chance to trade with someone with fonts or a crown on their names due to the thought that higher levels=Cha-ching!
  • Well, I don't use fonts. But whatever. As I've said many times, you can end up getting all the perks but Emo and Mad Hatter if you play your cards right.
  • All I need is speed demon and brawny! Oh and fashionista and merchant! :D
  • I feel like fasionista 2 actually decreases you chance of getting rares

When I had fashionista 1, I got rares often, mostly on the first try
  • ExCelsius said:

I feel like fasionista 2 actually decreases you chance of getting rares

When I had fashionista 1, I got rares often, mostly on the first try

Then disable them