First Day of Middle School

Dang, today was quite interesting, as it was my first day in 6th Grade, the first day of Middle School. I think it was pretty enjoyable, most of the teachers were great, but there were 3 things I didn't like.
  • 1. My computer teacher was quite rude, and my brother agreed. He was in his computer class 5 YEARS AGO, AND HE STILL AGREES.
  • 2. Then, there was this one kid, named Austin. For some reason, every Austin I have ever met as been SO, SO, SO DUMB. Like this kid, was just... WHY?! So I say the numbers of PI in which I know to my friends, which I know about 20, so I mean, not that much, but it's a decent amount. Then this kid, just out of nowhere, says 'I don't hang out with nerds, I only hang out with popular kids.' And I just thought... okay, my good sir, who the hell asked for your opinion. I'm sorry for my language, but I mean, COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. I barely know you, you weren't in my school before, and then you say that? And if you're such a popular kid, how come I do not know you?
  • 3. Rules. I think that rules are WAY more strict, which makes sense, we're older, taller, and just in general bigger, to a higher rate due to POOBERTY. So ya. That's how the first day was.

Comments

• Gonna have to google about that Austin issue. It's a mystery.

But you first day sounds fun. I remember back in 6th grade I had this teacher, she was like 21, was her first year of teavhing an all she talked about was her boyfriend.
    And then he cheated on her, so he talked about that till she got a new boyfriend. Then she talked all about him.

6th grade will be fun for you.
  • Jadabug said:

Gonna have to google about that Austin issue. It's a mystery.

But you first day sounds fun. I remember back in 6th grade I had this teacher, she was like 21, was her first year of teavhing an all she talked about was her boyfriend.
    And then he cheated on her, so he talked about that till she got a new boyfriend. Then she talked all about him.

6th grade will be fun for you.

Middle school*
  • I remember middle school and I was not a "cool kid." Everyday was hell for me with all the judgmental 8th graders. I dressed differently than others and it made me stand out, but not in a good way, and I realize that now, but had no idea back then. I met my best friend to this day in middle school, as he is just as big of a nerd as I am. No, we don't dress or look like geeks/nerds. We dress like straight up cool kids now, to fit in and never receive any form of rude comments. We both lacked something in middle school, and it was blending in. We now have that skill and use it to better our lives. xD

High school has many more Austin's sadly, but if you learn to avoid them, middle school and your future high school career will be easy as it can be. As for your rude teacher, just deal with it and try to do everything you can to make him happy until you're out of his class. Not much can be done about teachers.. but yah, just follow all rules and do everything that is asked of you in his class and I'm sure you will be fine. ;)

Also, pay attention in middle school! I made a mistake and never payed attention and now high school has become more difficult for me in subjects like math and English.

Anyways, good luck to you, and have fun. :)
  • I hung around with some kids and we used to cause mischief in a field we were allowed to play in during 'recess.' Heh, those were the days. Then high school hit me in the neck like an arrow.
  • Every victor or vitor in my life became my enemies >_>
  • Tommorow is first day of 8th grade lol high school next year
  • I translated middle school from my country to English,it said high school.
    So im not going to high school but im going to middle school xD

Anyway two days ago was my first day on middle school too :D But today im really gonna start.
    I dont think im gonna be a cool/popular boy,but im just gonna be myself.
    Good luck!

• KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember
    Junior in highschool here, my advice is don't cause drama nor hang out with anyone that does they're not worth it. also those strict rules usually apply just for middle school, highschool is often more relaxed rule wise. Reasoning for that is around middle school time your body is gonna start going haywire, not gonna get into detail. But it's also gonna affect your thinking they way you behave, etc. years down the road your gonna look back on who are now isn't gonna feel like you.
    For example, looking back 5th-8th grade didn't feel like me, I was constantly angery, did a lot of petty things I'm not proud of, always on edge, yeah...
  • Knoth said:

I remember middle school and I was not a "cool kid." Everyday was hell for me with all the judgmental 8th graders. I dressed differently than others and it made me stand out, but not in a good way, and I realize that now, but had no idea back then. I met my best friend to this day in middle school, as he is just as big of a nerd as I am. No, we don't dress or look like geeks/nerds. We dress like straight up cool kids now, to fit in and never receive any form of rude comments. We both lacked something in middle school, and it was blending in. We now have that skill and use it to better our lives. xD

High school has many more Austin's sadly, but if you learn to avoid them, middle school and your future high school career will be easy as it can be. As for your rude teacher, just deal with it and try to do everything you can to make him happy until you're out of his class. Not much can be done about teachers.. but yah, just follow all rules and do everything that is asked of you in his class and I'm sure you will be fine. ;)

Also, pay attention in middle school! I made a mistake and never payed attention and now high school has become more difficult for me in subjects like math and English.

Anyways, good luck to you, and have fun. :)

same