Bring Back Bumper Textures Please

gdog gdog Retired Moderator
edited August 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
Love the update can't say that enough, but it has really altered the way that bumper blocks look.

I use plain bumper blocks for a lot of my builds.
The new look has made certain stuff look terrible.

tldr - cosmic killed my dog

BEFORE

AFTER

Comments

• SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    Aww, it grew spots! It's a Dalmation now :D
  • Siddd said:

Rofl
  • For me it's not something bad... Cause I don't use them

But for you, I understand that it could be awful
  • Siddd said:

No, he's sick :( He got Dalmatian pox
  • If this is intentional please change it back to the original texture, all the bumpers are effected. I know personally I use the blank dice A LOT for builds and this really takes away from the aesthetic <3. Please consider fixing this or changing your mind ^_^.

Help cure Fido!
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited August 2017
    @SirKewberth
    If its for optimisation maybe give us an option to disable it.
  • Heh, uhoh.
  • #BlameCosmicCow #BlameKewberth??? FIX THE BUMPERS PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • CosmicCow said:

Heh, uhoh.

That was precise .

Cosmic cow karma farming lol
  • Cosmic Cow is like this day is not my day lol.
  • Cosmic Cow is like this day is not my day lol.

Yep, hard launch for an amazing update .
  • Someone killed gdogs dog, also in the ruff raceway. The bumopers got the curse, especially the heal bumper and the gather bumper boi! c
    CosmicCow said:

Heh, uhoh.

• It's not a bug. Kewberth has been systematically going through and fixing inefficient UV mapping in our 3D models. We need the texture space. So this isn't a bug, but rather a style choice that he can address.
    CosmicCow said:

It's not a bug. Kewberth has been systematically going through and fixing inefficient UV mapping in our 3D models. We need the texture space. So this isn't a bug, but rather a style choice that he can address.

Moved to suggestions :P
  • Ok well thank you Cosmic Cow, I would like the style choice to be reconsidered. I know it is your game but it is also our game as the players. We are exposed to this block a lot especially when we play the game for hours on end. Please reconsider <3
  • we can close this now gdog right?
  • This shouldnt be closed because our opinion and desire of it being changed has not been met. It needs to be made aware that we prefer the past texture. I do not expect anything out of the devs right away due to the pack being release today, they have their hands full but it needs to be kept in the spot light until they have given us a final answer <3

we can close this now gdog right?

Not until my dog is cured
  • well again they should upgrade it again for the facvt of fixing a moderators builds
    gdog said:

we can close this now gdog right?

Not until my dog is cured

• Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Yeah, no... he is asking as a player not a mod...
  • It is not only Gdog who wants it change, there are many people that are talking about it. Gdog just happened to make the first forum post.
  • Poor doggy D:
    Btw, loving your summer outfit lmao...
  • I actually can't avert my eyes from the hairy summer chest/legs to check out the blocks on the dog yet...my eyes! my eyes! What has been seen can't be unseen...*shakes head*
  • the bumpers are gross. we want the old ones back ;-;
  • If you really wanted it back to normal you can change the texture files (the bumpers are super small and in the Blocks2 and Blocks3 files). You can't do it on the mobile though.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Can adjust this to try and make them more like the old one. I anticipated this might happen if the old texture was used to build in a particular way that looked good in context, but it did save a lot of room to add new items. There's no particular reason though for the dark stripe to be so dark in the middle.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    OK well.. there's a limit to what I can do with the saved texture space and these are not 100% like the old ones, but they're closer and I think I addressed the main issue which was the contrasting stripe. So if you prefer this I can slip it into next content update.
  • edited August 2017
    That is a hundred times better! Yes the stripe is there it is so faint that you have to stare at it. You did awesome Kew and it looks great! Be wonderful to slip it into the next content update. Thanks for caring and taking the time out of your busy schedule for something that could be seen as trivial.

OK well.. there's a limit to what I can do with the saved texture space and these are not 100% like the old ones, but they're closer and I think I addressed the main issue which was the contrasting stripe. So if you prefer this I can slip it into next content update.

It's glorious @SirKewberth - Thanks and sorry for the hassle.