Vends occasionaly don't work...

SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
So I am having a tough time trying to replicate this but sometimes a vend will just either stop working or not work at all. One example I found is that if you have 2 vends together containing plasms specifically, sometimes the vend will not work.

When I say the vend doesn't work I mean you can set up the vend just fine by inputting the price and all seems well, but if another player tries to purchase, the message 'vend not set up properly' will come up (which usually only pops up when the vend isn't set up with a price)

I thought this was an isolated case linked to the plasms, however the same thing happened with a vend full of robot heads... My only guess at this point was that perhaps there were too many heads. This case was fixed by removing the vend (which alone wasn't enough) and only putting down a few of the robot heads.

If anyone has further info, please write below :P

Comments

• Remember when you tried to sell love in a vend....this is Cupids payback >:O!
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator

Remember when you tried to sell love in a vend....this is Cupids payback >:O!

Turns out money really can't buy you love... on a related note I would like to know why the valentines love letters can't be sold in vends :P the same pop up "vend not set up properly" is displayed.
  • Siddd said:

Turns out money really can't buy you love... on a related note I would like to know why the valentines love letters can't be sold in vends :P the same pop up "vend not set up properly" is displayed.
    I may be wrong, but I think Valentine Love Letters can be picked up by anyone, even if they don't have perm. I think one of my friends dropped one, and someone took it. This may be inaccurate though.
    Kirodashi said:

Siddd said:

I may be wrong, but I think Valentine Love Letters can be picked up by anyone, even if they don't have perm. I think one of my friends dropped one, and someone took it. This may be inaccurate though.
    Of course! I totally forgot about that for a moment, heh, that makes sense. A different message pop up would be good though but that's nitpicking.
  • Ah yes, this has happened to me.
    It seems to be a bit annoying bug, and it was with a realm, I do not know if I could sell realms in vends, but I tried to buy it and it appeared the same message saying that the vend was not configured.
    I also tried to buy some items and did not say it was not set up, so I told the owner to pick up the vends and I would buy it at the cash register.
  • Is it always when two are directly adjacent to each other?
  • It happens to me when there are many people buying stuff in it .
    edited August 2017
    CosmicCow said:

Is it always when two are directly adjacent to each other?

In both my cases yes, maybe the vend isn't liking the multiple connected glass with items.

I fixed the plasm vend issue by just seperating the vends but that doesn't explain the robot heads because i placed the vend in the exact same place where it was bugged, right next to another vend, i just reduced the amount of robot heads.
  • This was odd and I didn't understand why it didn't work. I don't think there is a limit on how much a vend can sell.. but I don't really know. People have complained to me the past about my vends filled with ores. Like 20k+ and people telling me they are not allowed to buy from them because they are not setup correctly. I always fixed my problem by taking a few out, but that is super inconvenient for every item. I honestly do think there is a limit on some items in the game.

The robots were a weird case.. I had never seen that message before on any vend and I didn't understand what was wrong. There was a price, glass on top and items inside. I didn't see any problem with it.
  • I did not get to this yet... But I will!
  • in my case it hapens when lots of people buy stuff in one vend, sometime it refuses to take your money and give the item . btw thanks fro updating the vends, its better the show the price and profit like a sign
    eagence said:

CosmicCow said:

I did not get to this yet... But I will!

I think I get it but I may be wrong ^_^ ...

When did you placed monster footprints in your shop and since when this issue occurs?
    Was there any other item in robots head glass when it stopped working?

@Siddd

Temporary fix: remove monster footprints around vends for now...
    Replacing all vends after placing monster footprints also works...
    (If thats due to what I think...)

Edit: -Temporary fix works, relevant with an old school bug-
    Yup, turns out this was the issue, no wonder I had a hard time replicating, those sneaky footprints I had spread out every other block.
  • Yes, I understand now what's going on now.
  • CosmicCow said:

Yes, I understand now what's going on now.

that means we cant sell footprints through vends ? would be awesome
    -Gundam- said:

CosmicCow said:

Yes, I understand now what's going on now.

that means we cant sell footprints through vends ? would be awesome
    No, it means you can't place a footprint infront of a vend currently, you can sell them inside a vend just fine :)
  • weeeeeeeiiiiird.. 3~3