More In Game Helps for Knowing Who is in a Realm With You (or In a Realm You are Entering)

b3achyb3achy Member
edited August 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
I suspect many of these have probably already been brought up in the past, but I didn't see any discussion of them when I did a cursory search. If they have already been recommended, then just chalk me up to a +1 for those recommendations.
  1. It would be helpful to have flags on the mines in the overworld just like for the other player realms so you can see which mines have players in them when you are standing near them. I know we can see that other players are in the mine if we open up the skymap, but that requires an extra step and when you are right next to the next mine you want to jump into it would be nice to more easily see if it is already occupied without having to open the skymap first.
  2. When you jump into a realm, it would be handy to automatically list (in chat) who is already in the realm (to include mines) when you get there. It's nice to see who is in a realm/room with you and right now, there is no way to tell who else is already there (that I know of, and I've been looking for ways to determine this). It's also another way to let a player know they aren't alone in a mine when they jump into one.
  3. If you can't automatically list who is in a room/realm when you join it, then please allow players to use the "/who" command for when they want to see who is in the mine (or any realm) with them. It would be helpful to have this option all the time. It's a pretty standard chat command to identify who is in the chat room with you, and as you have other slash commands that work, I'm sure it's something that could be implemented here to help players know who is in the same realm as them.
  4. If possible, provide an ability to toggle the holla feed (on/off) in the chat. Most of the time I don't really want to see all the holla drama when I'm mining (although it can be a bit amusing), but as it's the only way I get notified that someone has joined me in the mine, I end up keeping the window partially open (but can miss people coming into the mine with all the holla texts). I'm sometimes pretty lax in collecting everything when mining (for speed/discovery), but if someone joins me, I make sure to police things up a bit more as some have been rather rude and just taking most of my floating mined materials even though I'm typically right near them (and then try to stand over me as I'm mining to catch the rest, so I end up having to take a break until one of us leaves that mine). Alternatively, provide the announcements that someone is arriving/leaving a realm somewhere else on the screen other than the chat feed so I can just close the chat feed and still be notified (but that seems like it would require valuable real estate on the already crowded screen). [I did notice that if you close the chat completely, it does pop open for the system message for when someone enters a mine. This may be enough of a workaround for this request, though I'm a bit paranoid that if I close the window, I'll miss the heads up.] I'd also still like to toggle the holla feed on/off in general as I was missing some of a local chat conversation when the hollas were streaming the other day. An alternate option is to have two separate chat windows (global and local), but that requires some screen real estate management.

Comments

• b3achy said:

When you jump into a realm, it would be handy to automatically list (in chat) who is already in the realm (to include mines) when you get there. It's nice to see who is in a realm/room with you and right now, there is no way to tell who else is already there (that I know of, and I've been looking for ways to determine this). It's also another way to let a player know they aren't alone in a mine when they jump into one.
    If you can't automatically list who is in a room/realm when you join it, then please allow players to use the "/who" command for when they want to see who is in the mine (or any realm) with them. It would be helpful to have this option all the time. It's a pretty standard chat command to identify who is in the chat room with you, and as you have other slash commands that work, I'm sure it's something that could be implemented here to help players know who is in the same realm as them.
    I would love this to be added. Also, you can check who's in the realm by going to Menu > Report > Report a player > Choose a player. Devs should really add a /who command tho. xD

• b3achy said:

When you jump into a realm, it would be handy to automatically list (in chat) who is already in the realm (to include mines) when you get there. It's nice to see who is in a realm/room with you and right now, there is no way to tell who else is already there (that I know of, and I've been looking for ways to determine this). It's also another way to let a player know they aren't alone in a mine when they jump into one.
    If you can't automatically list who is in a room/realm when you join it, then please allow players to use the "/who" command for when they want to see who is in the mine (or any realm) with them. It would be helpful to have this option all the time. It's a pretty standard chat command to identify who is in the chat room with you, and as you have other slash commands that work, I'm sure it's something that could be implemented here to help players know who is in the same realm as them.
    I would love this to be added. Also, you can check who's in the realm by going to Menu > Report > Report a player > Choose a player. Devs should really add a /who command tho. xD

Good point, and I'm thinking you could just go to 'add a friend' for the same result...however, that's a lot of steps and /who would be so much easier.
  • ValleyValley Member
    edited August 2017
    You can also see which players are in the same realm via the friend list. Anybody that isn't your friend will show up when adding friends. Also, as for the holla idea this wouldn't work as it would be defying the purpose of hollas thus making them not very useful as I know many players would have the hollas "off"
  • b3achy said:

b3achy said:

Good point, and I'm thinking you could just go to 'add a friend' for the same result...however, that's a lot of steps and /who would be so much easier.
    You can also use /trade :p
  • b3achy said:

b3achy said:

You can also use /trade :p
    Or whisper.