How to now get scammed whilst trading

1. When you are trading click on the item to check it's the item you are purchasing...

2. Always look at the bar at the bottom that says accept if it does this ... that means the person has changed the item

3. When the player offers you more that you are paying like 2c and dirt or something like that... Say no thanks because when they put those "Extra" items in they are probably changing the current item...

4. Make sure you are making a profit and not letting someone tricking you out of your cubits! Here is an example...
You: How much is krampus worth? I'm selling it
Scammer: 50k, I buy
You: Ok tp
DO NOT DO THAT! CHECK WITH ANOTHER PERSON! (or go to Superxtreme for prices)

Hope this was helpful

- Mobe :)

Comments

• Are you saying a person can change an item without it being obvious? Like you wont see the item that got switched in but instead see the original item?
    Just askin for clarification
  • Minister9Minister9 Member
    edited July 2017

Are you saying a person can change an item without it being obvious? Like you wont see the item that got switched in but instead see the original item?
    Just askin for clarification

I don't understand
  • Dang, that was rude! I've gotten scammed too. Its not polite to make assumptions. And why the ignorant comment when i was just asking an honest question???
  • Please.. I really want to help... Plus no offence but we are BOTH making this go a little of topic... You seem like you know what you're doing...
  • If i knew the answer to my question i would NOT have asked!!! So a simple answer would have prevented all of this, especially if you had just been polite in the first place.
  • QbirdQbird Member

If i knew the answer to my question i would NOT have asked!!! So a simple answer would have prevented all of this, especially if you had just been polite in the first place.

Why do you yell at someone trying to help you, not his fault if he does that understand (or she, idk Mobe.)

Some items are similar, in the past, pink pants were the same as PJs .so yep, if your rush through a trade , it's not that obvious . Please dont yell at players like this .
  • What if they are actually selling it for 50k
  • AshibugAshibug Member
    edited July 2017
    Idk what it is, but there are people who change the price RIGHT before you accept, it's like they know when you're about to add said item

I almost got scammed that way :')
  • Mobe said:

4. Make sure you are making a profit and not letting someone tricking you out of your cubits! Here is an example...
    You: How much is krampus worth? I'm selling it
    Scammer: 50k, I buy
    You: Ok tp
    DO NOT DO THAT! CHECK WITH ANOTHER PERSON! (or go to Superxtreme for prices)

That isn't scamming, just ripping someone off.
  • *MaryMoon**MaryMoon* Member
    edited July 2017
    -Gundam- said:

If i knew the answer to my question i would NOT have asked!!! So a simple answer would have prevented all of this, especially if you had just been polite in the first place.

Why do you yell at someone trying to help you, not his fault if he does that understand (or she, idk Mobe.)

Some items are similar, in the past, pink pants were the same as PJs .so yep, if your rush through a trade , it's not that obvious . Please dont yell at players like this .
    At first i thought u failed to read the start of this.
    Then i realize Mobe edited his really rude comments.. nice... I didnt yell at him, i asked a simple question and his response was beyond ignornant!! Something along the lines of ... "You look like you don't need help, so bye!" Rather than answer a question posted for clarification (refer to top of page).

He edited his comments, which whilst i appreciation the correction of his rudeness, have apparently made me, rather than him look like a jerk... Nice one... I don't know what i did other than ask a simple question but you should have read the responses i got from Mobe, i think most peoples reactions would have been far worse...

And i've NEVER on a thread had someone be so rude/ignorant/arrogant when asked a question. I wish i had a screenshot of his un-edited response....
    Then you would be correcting him and not me
  • -Gundam- said:

At first i thought u failed to read the start of this.
    Then i realize Mobe edited his really rude comments.. nice... I didnt yell at him, i asked a simple question and his response was beyond ignornant!! Something along the lines of ... "You look like you don't need help, so bye!" Rather than answer a question posted for clarification (refer to top of page).

He edited his comments, which whilst i appreciation the correction of his rudeness, have apparently made me, rather than him look like a jerk... Nice one... I don't know what i did other than ask a simple question but you should have read the responses i got from Mobe, i think most peoples reactions would have been far worse...

And i've NEVER on a thread had someone be so rude/ignorant/arrogant when asked a question. I wish i had a screenshot of his un-edited response....
    Then you would be correcting him and not me
    Looks like it was edited, also, this happened before, someone made Lucaaa look like a jerk