Okay this is interesting.

edited July 2017 in General Chat
So, I circled it in red, it's in the console for coding. I was just messing around with the HTML, seeing what does what, when I saw that one of the divider classes was called BreadcrumbsWrapper... what? To check this out for yourself, go to your account where it shows everything, and then right click the bold word username, where there's the list of stuff like hobbies and your level under that, and then click inspect. I mean, I know those are classes, and names really don't matter as long as you know what it does, but it's still super weird. And the screen didn't highlight anything when I rolled my cursor to it, so I mean that's... interesting. And why BreadcrumbsWrapper? Why not normal things like everything else.

Comments

• QbirdQbird Member
    Joke from Forum system/cc devs ? idk .
  • -Gundam- said:

Joke from Forum system/cc devs ? idk .

I guess
  • PiousPious Member
    Doesn't matter. Uninteresting.
  • Pious said:

Its a cool thing to see.
    ;-;
  • PiousPious Member

Pious said:

Its a cool thing to see.
    ;-;
    No.
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember
    Pious said:

Might not be interesting to you, but it's still a lot more interesting than the majority of stuff put on the forums everyday.
  • PiousPious Member
    Kokopelli said:

Pious said:

Might not be interesting to you, but it's still a lot more interesting than the majority of stuff put on the forums everyday.
    Irrelevant.
  • HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    edited July 2017
    It is actually the standard way of naming such elements, you could call it the "fun" side of web development.

Breadcrumbs trace your location on a given website and give you the ability to easily access pages/tabs/"levels" that you came from.

Lets say you shop for a new keyboard and find one worth taking a look at. You click on it, look at it, and want to go back to the specific search page you had before. Breadcrumbs allow that, they leave a "way back" from where you came from... and so you click "Continue shopping..." and you're back where you were. Want to go back to the keyboard menu in one click? You can! - Shop > Computing > Accessories > Keyboards > Gaming

Hope this clears it up :)
  • HoxisHoxis Member
    Horus said:

It is actually the standard way of naming such elements, you could call it the "fun" side of web development.

Breadcrumbs trace your location on a given website and give you the ability to easily access pages/tabs/"levels" that you came from.

Lets say you shop for a new keyboard and find one worth taking a look at. You click on it, look at it, and want to go back to the specific search page you had before. Breadcrumbs allow that, they leave a "way back" from where you came from... and so you click "Continue shopping..." and you're back where you were. Want to go back to the keyboard menu in one click? You can! - Shop > Computing > Accessories > Keyboards > Gaming

Cool, it seems like you really do learn something new everyday. :)

• Horus is actually pertaining to cookies xDDDD funny guy
  • Horus said:

NONONONO, DON'T MAKE IT LESS INTERESTING! I want this to be weird! WEIRD I SAY!
  • TumbleweedTumbleweed Member
    edited July 2017
    Yup, as Horus said, there's CSS and HTML. (Not sure if this is what Horus did exactly now that I think about it, but its one way as far as I know)

You can target things in HTML using div classes.
    In CSS, you can do something like

.BreadcrumbsWrapper {
    Border: 1px:
    border-radius: 5px;
    background-color: white;
    }

Then target it in HTML (without spaces)

< div class="BreadcrumbsWrapper" >
    </ div >

Whatever you entered in CSS would customize what you did in that Div, instead of adding it all into a div style.
  • Yup, as Horus said, there's CSS and HTML. (Not sure if this is what Horus did exactly now that I think about it, but its one way as far as I know)

.BreadcrumbsWrapper {
    }

</ div >

Whatever you entered in CSS would customize what you did in that Div, instead of adding it all into a div style.
    Yes I know how this works, I am learning HTML. But BreadcrumbsWrapper is what interested me, I made sure to point out that I knew how classes worked in the beginning,
  • Ooh sorry, didn't notice :P
  • PimyddPimydd Member
    What Horus was saying in simpler terms is that the website leaves a trail (of breadcrumbs of you wanna think of it that way) that you can follow to get back to a certain page

#webDeveloperKnowHow
  • Pimydd said:

What Horus was saying in simpler terms is that the website leaves a trail (of breadcrumbs of you wanna think of it that way) that you can follow to get back to a certain page

#webDeveloperKnowHow

Okay thanks for explaining, I was actually kinda confused by what he meant xD
  • Horus said:

Yeah, Horus has such wisdom. Also BTW completely off topic but on I was creating a dark deck Yugioh where I came across the card Dark Horus which is a level 8 and if I remember correctly around the same power as Blue-Eyes, I of course had to add it. http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/3/34/DarkHorus-LCYW-EN-C-1E.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/300?cb=20131004221409
  • Horus said:

Yeah, Horus has such wisdom. Also BTW completely off topic but on I was creating a dark deck Yugioh where I came across the card Dark Horus which is a level 8 and if I remember correctly around the same power as Blue-Eyes, I of course had to add it. http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/3/34/DarkHorus-LCYW-EN-C-1E.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/300?cb=20131004221409
    HORUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WHY ARE YOU KILLING POOR YUGIOH MONSTERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • Yup, as Horus said, there's CSS and HTML. (Not sure if this is what Horus did exactly now that I think about it, but its one way as far as I know)

.BreadcrumbsWrapper {
    }

</ div >

Yes I know how this works, I am learning HTML. But BreadcrumbsWrapper is what interested me, I made sure to point out that I knew how classes worked in the beginning,
    It's their code so they're in charge of it xD

.BreadcrumbsWrapper {
    }

</ div >

It's their code so they're in charge of it xD
    Ya but it's still WEIRD.
  • Charm'Charm' Member, Game Moderator
    Also in coding, you can have a navigation called a breadcrumbs navigation. It traces all of the pages you clicked on to reach your current page, as Horus showed in his example.

The reason it's called a "breadcrumbswrapper" is that it is a 'div' that contains all the coding for the bread crumbs. The word "Wrapper" is usually used when the tag is a 'div' because a 'div' wraps all the HTML inside it.
  • Also in coding, you can have a navigation called a breadcrumbs navigation. It traces all of the pages you clicked on to reach your current page, as Horus showed in his example.

The reason it's called a "breadcrumbswrapper" is that it is a 'div' that contains all the coding for the bread crumbs. The word "Wrapper" is usually used when the tag is a 'div' because a 'div' wraps all the HTML inside it.

Oh.
  • Horus said:

Oh that makes sense: We use breadcrumbs to know where you're going :D
  • LateCom said:

Hansel and gretel are stalking you

That's disturbing dude.