what do you think?

MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
I've been seeing these around specifically in player made shops

for me it's unnecessary, some of them are quite deceiving. yes they placed signs explaining what it is, but does that make it ok? it is still the decision of the player whether to donate this way, but what about those who- didn't really mean to donate and pressed the "yes" button, a stupid scenario but it is possible and it could happen, it might have happened already. these aren't the only ones, I've seen more before. I'm not saying they're scammers but it's kind of devious, there's a tip piggy just use that.

Comments

• space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I guess it is more noticeable than the tip piggy which I suppose you could argue you might not see. But you are right it's the whole purpose of the tip piggy which I think looks nicer anyway :)
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    Ish like they combined a tip piggy and a donation table = *Poof* Rent Donation seems redundant for me :c
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember

I guess it is more noticeable than the tip piggy which I suppose you could argue you might not see. But you are right it's the whole purpose of the tip piggy which I think looks nicer anyway :)

reasonable, in my experience by putting a tip piggy close to the entrance door they'd know where it is if they want to donate. it is clever I admit but I'm not sure if I'm ok with it, because people usually miss the signs, most don't even care, and I can't expect everyone that visit my realm knows English or understand the language.

• space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Yeah I woudnt use it personally I can always rely on good old Mr tip piggy
  • I have always found these rental plots odd, they defiantly have spread like wildfire and are becoming a staple in many shops. I personally think they are a waste of money and time, it is easier to earn cubits than trying to panhandle. We have adorable pigs who are willing to panhandle for us :P.
  • I understand using the blocks to solicit donations... They get a whole lot more donations then the tip piggy does... But... Lots of new/younger players will be confused or upset to find out they dont get the hats or whatever is on the blocks when they donate. So my suggestion, just personally, is to do away with the misleading item on the blocks so it is clearly ONLY for donations. Problem solved in any language
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    I too find it the most illogical use of foundation blocks & bumpers. The one that donates can not choose how much they want to give and as pointed out it sometimes can create confusion if an item has been displayed on it.

Tip piggy's are made exactly for the purpose of donating cubits and the one that donates has full control over the amount they want to give.
  • MarieAraMarieAra MexicoMember
    Yeah no, I don't really like them either. Whenever I see them at a shop I don't even bother to look at the items they're selling, it just seems quite greedy to ask for donations and then decide how much people are donating to you. Plus the piggys are cute and chubby and PINK, who doesn't like a donation pig? Heck, I keep them all over the place just because they're pink, give them a name and treat them as if they were my children x'D