Fake SirKewberth

CoolGuyBossCoolGuyBoss Member
edited June 2017 in Community
Guys I was told on a discord server that there is a fake SirKewberth.

He is saying we need more beta testers

Click the image below. NOTE - Staff will NEVER ask for your password

Also if beta testers were REALLY wanted, why post an announcement on Instagram.

Who ever made this fake account, you are indeed an account stealer

Also, the last test in ( ) says (you will only be accepted on here Instagram) meaning so u cant PM SirKewberth (the real one) and he be like "There is no beta testers needed"

Comments

• The admins already know our passwords... lol
    They have no reason to ask for them xD
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Its' very annoying when people impersonate staff to steal from players. There is some warning about passwords for new players that appears, but a trick is a trick. You have to be smart enough not to fall for it, and I can't predict what the next trick will be. We've added special color tags in game so people will know who the real admins are, but we can't protect people from what happens on other websites and forums.
  • CoolGuyBossCoolGuyBoss Member
    edited June 2017
    I met a person named Sid2, and he was like I'm a staff, and someone gave him a free item, then he was like "i want free items" I did the correct thing and I said "show your moderator tag" he said "i cant but ill ban u if u ask again" so I'm just holla in CC really quick about imposters xD
    Liberated said:

The admins already know our passwords... lol

Also, they don't need your password or username for beta access, I know that they give u something, but I don't want to say it here.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    lucaaa795 said:

Its' very annoying when people impersonate staff to steal from players. There is some warning about passwords for new players that appears, but a trick is a trick. You have to be smart enough not to fall for it, and I can't predict what the next trick will be. We've added special color tags in game so people will know who the real admins are, but we can't protect people from what happens on other websites and forums.

Might be off-topic but..
    The fake kewberth said that the farm update is almost done...Is it really almost done or do we have to wait more?
    Yeah now i wonder about it too xD we are in summer now if im right so is it close like few weeks close orr?
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    We're going as fast as we can! We're almost in testing... Believe me we'd love to deliver more updates, but these things just take time.
  • We're going as fast as we can! We're almost in testing... Believe me we'd love to deliver more updates, but these things just take time.

Say wha! Does that mean gdog will be able to test and record the update tomorrow or like in a few days?
  • CoolGuyBossCoolGuyBoss Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm guessing by the end of June, early July.

and they are almost in testing meaning that all the beta testers can play, and maybe gdog will give us sneak peaks :o

also, please lock this topic @SirKewberth
  • Minister9Minister9 Member
    edited June 2017

We're going as fast as we can! We're almost in testing... Believe me we'd love to deliver more updates, but these things just take time.

The qbees with do their part too :)
  • Bluejay_1Bluejay_1 Member
    edited June 2017

Well take ur time "Good things are worth waiting for" so nvm the complaints. I got a question. How did that fake get that admin tag? Photoshopping or did Sir Kewberth actually say that?
  • Liberated said:

The admins already know our passwords... lol

If I'm correct, even they don't have our passwords. They just have them stored as hash marks. Or that might be growtopia only.