Nurse/Doc Scamming/Abusing

So the Nurse and Doc hats are still available by donating to Trevor. But today, a player named $Sirgrapeapplesauce$ was severely overpricing his Nurse, for 80K. EVEN AFTER I told him, got banned for telling the TRUTH, and hollad multiple times, when I went on an alt, he was still pricing it at 80K. You can get a nurse with only $20 of IRL money - how is it worth 80K? Easy. Not many players know the Nurse and Doc are still available by donating, so owners of them jack up the prices sky-high for easy, unfair profit.

The worst part is, these hats were meant to be a means of support to someone in need. They are profiting off the sickness of another. This abuse of the hats needs to stop. Seriously.

Comments

• ValleyValley Member
    Seriously. Everything can't be cheap because you want it to be.
    The price of the item in game does not effect the means of supporting someone in need. No matter the price it's still being donated, as I see it, the higher the item is in game more people are willing to donate money to get the item. If it lowers more people won't support him/her.
  • I think the point Misticall is trying to say is that when a person is buying it for 80k zero of that is going towards Trevor. Now not everyone can use a debit or credit card but still want to complete their collections that be fine for them to buy it in game for that price if that is what they are willing to do. However there are many people who could pull out their cards or whatever means to donate to Trevor WHILE getting the hats WHILE saving C, twice the win but people are not educating said buyers before buying. Like if I was selling a nurse or doc hat I would state that it could be obtained from blah blah source.
  • Valley said:

Seriously. Everything can't be cheap because you want it to be.
    The price of the item in game does not effect the means of supporting someone in need. No matter the price it's still being donated, as I see it, the higher the item is in game more people are willing to donate money to get the item. If it lowers more people won't support him/her.

Yes as grey mentioned not just because you own one Nurse hat you don't agree :)

Not taking sides Val <3
  • edited June 2017
    Why cant people have their own prices?
    Everyone has the right to sell items at their price,people cant decide the price of someone else.
    And who says the price goes down?Just because you still can donate,doesnt mean the price goes
    down.
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    edited June 2017
    Well this is a complicated topic. Firstly, all profit-making businesses in CC are done in the same way. Everyone who owns a shop sells something he obtained at a lower price.

Now when you do see a guy saying, "Hey man, I'm selling rubber to you at 5/c, but the moment you buy it all I'm gonna tp to Mr.Rubberman and restock all that rubber at 10/c, and bag the profits myself. If you were any wiser you'd befriend Mr.Rubberman yourself." You don't. Is hiding this information wrong/scamming/abusing? It isn't.

I have seen a lot of people "cheating" others in this way through hiding information or lying about the real current market price etc. or prophesying an item coming back or not. Is this cheating? If it is, I'm afraid half the world of CC is doing it. It's the same thing with Sirwhateversauce guy. It's always the same with businesses buying and selling stuff. But that's how businesses are. There's a gap in information, and the businessqbee takes advantage of it. Hiding information and lying is basically the same thing. You can not call him a scammer for that. It's not his fault that the buyer doesn't have information. I'm always the buyer who doesn't have the information. Do I complain? No. Because it's my duty to gather the information. If I'm being a lazy bum and not trying to find out the truth, it's my fault. The other guy's just doing business, same way everyone does.

And about people wanting the bumper back, you guys should realize this is a MMO game. This isn't a spoon-feeding mechanism. There's no rule that it's supposed to tell you everything. If they decide they don't want the bumper because they think it's been there long enough, they won't do it. Constantly whining about it isn't gonna fix it. And you've been whining about a lot of stuff a lot lately.

This game gives players way more freedom of speech than any other MMO I've seen. These guys listem to you. Now if you all keep wasting that freedom, this whole nice business will disappear and CC could become like all the other games which don't listen to the players much if at all. Good luck to you guys if that happens.

And personally, if you decide to spend 80k on something and don't even try to find out where it comes from for real, not even with a simple Google search which would lead them to the forums, then you deserve to get ripped off. Cuz apparently that's the only way people learn in MMOs. All the bumpers and system messages in the world isn't gonna fix that. Not even a big fat instruction manual placed in every single starter realm for the rest of eternity with every single information on the game. Because people are lazy. They don't read. They don't try to get information. They just expect everything to be given to you exactly when you need it. There's a solution for that. Babysitters for every single player in the game.

Rant over.
  • Its not Scamming people are just getting ripped off, and its there fault for not listening, Although i do think the bumber should Return to inform people that don't want to listen.

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    yeah i hate it too when that happens, basically the only way to let it be avoided is putting the bumper back or doing it in announcements (that green text i mean)
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator

Well this is a complicated topic. Firstly, all profit-making businesses in CC are done in the same way. Everyone who owns a shop sells something he obtained at a lower price.

Now when you do see a guy saying, "Hey man, I'm selling rubber to you at 5/c, but the moment you buy it all I'm gonna tp to Mr.Rubberman and restock all that rubber at 10/c, and bag the profits myself. If you were any wiser you'd befriend Mr.Rubberman yourself." You don't. Is hiding this information wrong/scamming/abusing? It isn't.

I have seen a lot of people "cheating" others in this way through hiding information or lying about the real current market price etc. or prophesying an item coming back or not. Is this cheating? If it is, I'm afraid half the world of CC is doing it. It's the same thing with Sirwhateversauce guy. It's always the same with businesses buying and selling stuff. But that's how businesses are. There's a gap in information, and the businessqbee takes advantage of it. Hiding information and lying is basically the same thing. You can not call him a scammer for that. It's not his fault that the buyer doesn't have information. I'm always the buyer who doesn't have the information. Do I complain? No. Because it's my duty to gather the information. If I'm being a lazy bum and not trying to find out the truth, it's my fault. The other guy's just doing business, same way everyone does.

And about people wanting the bumper back, you guys should realize this is a MMO game. This isn't a spoon-feeding mechanism. There's no rule that it's supposed to tell you everything. If they decide they don't want the bumper because they think it's been there long enough, they won't do it. Constantly whining about it isn't gonna fix it. And you've been whining about a lot of stuff a lot lately.

This game gives players way more freedom of speech than any other MMO I've seen. These guys listem to you. Now if you all keep wasting that freedom, this whole nice business will disappear and CC could become like all the other games which don't listen to the players much if at all. Good luck to you guys if that happens.

And personally, if you decide to spend 80k on something and don't even try to find out where it comes from for real, not even with a simple Google search which would lead them to the forums, then you deserve to get ripped off. Cuz apparently that's the only way people learn in MMOs. All the bumpers and system messages in the world isn't gonna fix that. Not even a big fat instruction manual placed in every single starter realm for the rest of eternity with every single information on the game. Because people are lazy. They don't read. They don't try to get information. They just expect everything to be given to you exactly when you need it. There's a solution for that. Babysitters for every single player in the game.

Rant over.

This "rant" pretty much explains how i feel about this matter.
    I can't explain it any better.

• Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    How is this scamming xD! Abusing, sure. Scamming? lol
  • His item, his price. I don't know what you want to come out of our mouths!?
  • lucaaa795 said:

Spiridon said:

Its not Scamming people are just getting ripped off, and its there fault for not listening, Although i do think the bumber should Return to inform people that don't want to listen.

Its not about how they dont want to listen..
    They might be unaware of the changes.
    If someone told them that they were still Avaliable and they didn't want to listen and just ban them, well thats there fault for buying it. They were made aware by another player...

• LiberatedLiberated Member
    edited June 2017
    I sold my nurse for 75,000c to Momo, and he was totally fine with the price, as was I. I saw someone selling a nurse for 135k and someone bought it gladly. This goes for every item. I have seen a blue wizard hat get sold for 200k before. Just because others don't know the price of something does/doesn't make it wrong. Its a free market and we can all have our own prices for our own items. I could want to sell my Krampus mask for 20,000c and ask if that was the correct price. I can almost GUARANTEE that buyer would say "yes, that is the right price." Whose to say it isn't? It is my item. This isn't really scamming. It may be morally wrong, but its called business. People do it everyday irl, and this will never change. If people want to buy something that is overpriced, let them buy it! It is their fault they didn't do research before doing so.
  • Liberated said:

I sold my nurse for 75,000c to Momo, and he was totally fine with the price, as was I. I saw someone selling a nurse for 135k and someone bought it gladly. This goes for every item. I have seen a blue wizard hat get sold for 200k before. Just because others don't know the price of something does/doesn't make it wrong. Its a free market and we can all have our own prices for our own items. I could want to sell my Krampus mask for 20,000c and ask if that was the correct price. I can almost GUARANTEE that buyer would say "yes, that is the right price." Whose to say it isn't? It is my item. This isn't really scamming. It may be morally wrong, but its called business. People do it everyday irl, and this will never change. If people want to buy something that is overpriced, let them buy it! It is their fault they didn't do research before doing so.

Il buy the krampus mask :o lol

Well said. I agree, this is business. People sell cheap, and more than the average price. People's gain, & loss
  • I think this topic is derailing off the point, it is not the question of market and what others have the right to sell. The point is that a bumper needs to be added to the Town center to notify individuals that the nurse and doc can be obtained by donating to an individual who needs financial aid. It really makes me sick to read this topic because it has turned into "my thoughts" me me me me me and my rights....WHEN THIS IS ABOUT AN INDIVIDUAL WHO HAD A MASSIVE SURGERY AND HAS MASSIVE MEDICAL BILLS,

If a person wants to buy a nurse hat for 80k that is their right, if a person wants to sell a nurse hat for 200k that is their right. This is not a question of rights....it is a question of morals with the nurse and doc hat being intended to lead people into helping another a boy named Trevor who has not had a chance at life like you or I.
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    Well Grey, perhaps I'm dumb and I thought this was a topic about market prices because OP was complaining about how people were selling for 80k, or the pricing of the hat in the current game market, and how people were making easy, unfair profit. Perhaps I'm not intelligent enough to realize a topic with the heading "Doc/Nurse hat scamming/abusing" is actually about how Trevor isn't getting donations because someone wants to pay 80k for it. My apologies for mistaking the point of the topic. Thank you for enlightening me with your massive intellect.

Here's what SirKewb had said on the topic in another old thread:

We took down the bumper because we felt it had run it's course and few people were still donating. Of course we would never want to discourage people from continuing to donate and so if people asked I believe they were told we'd still give them hats. I guess what happened here is over a longer period with new players entering the game the demand for those hats rose and so that's why people are wondering about it again.

So clearly the devs aren't evil people who hate Trevor and don't want people to donate for his cause. It's simply that people had stopped donating as much, so they removed it. Now that there is again a demand for donating to Trevor, maybe they will put it back up.
  • Misticall said:

So the Nurse and Doc hats are still available by donating to Trevor. But today, a player named $Sirgrapeapplesauce$ was severely overpricing his Nurse, for 80K. EVEN AFTER I told him, got banned for telling the TRUTH, and hollad multiple times, when I went on an alt, he was still pricing it at 80K. You can get a nurse with only $20 of IRL money - how is it worth 80K? Easy. Not many players know the Nurse and Doc are still available by donating, so owners of them jack up the prices sky-high for easy, unfair profit.

The worst part is, these hats were meant to be a means of support to someone in need. They are profiting off the sickness of another. This abuse of the hats needs to stop. Seriously.

His item, his price.
  • I feel like many are not understanding the point of this thread. The bumper needs to be re-added, because people are ripping off others who don't know any better! How is a new player who joined after the bumper was removed supposed to know that it's only worth 20$ of IRL money? Of course the bumper's addition would also bring more money to Trevor, which would probably help a lot. The problem was not that $Sirgrapeapplesauce$ priced it at 80K - the problem is that even after I told him the actual price, he BANNED me because he didn't want people finding out its real value. Even after I holla'd 2 times about it, he refused to acknowledge I was doing anything at all. Other people are doing this to, MIAOOOOO told someone else he was selling it 70K when they asked. The problem isn't that they don't know about it, the problem is they still refuse to sell it for its correct price.
    Misticall said:

I feel like many are not understanding the point of this thread. The bumper needs to be re-added, because people are ripping off others who don't know any better! How is a new player who joined after the bumper was removed supposed to know that it's only worth 20$ of IRL money? Of course the bumper's addition would also bring more money to Trevor, which would probably help a lot. The problem was not that $Sirgrapeapplesauce$ priced it at 80K - the problem is that even after I told him the actual price, he BANNED me because he didn't want people finding out its real value. Even after I holla'd 2 times about it, he refused to acknowledge I was doing anything at all. Other people are doing this to, MIAOOOOO told someone else he was selling it 70K when they asked. The problem isn't that they don't know about it, the problem is they still refuse to sell it for its correct price.

You know where you went wrong with this statement.... wwhen you spoke about "the correct price".
    Everyone is free to set their own prices, even if you disagree with it or if it is a ridiculous amount.
    The nurse & doc hat are subject to the same price changes as any other item in-game.
    Just because someeone bought them for 20$ irl money doesn't mean the have to be sold for equal amount in cubits. Dragon pets are sold for rl money but in-game the sell it for less cubits then that(even at other pet levels) and yet you don't complain about that as it fits in for all.

I know there is a "moral" aspect about this and i would not mind seeing it come back if it means more people would donate again(that's the only reason i think of why it should/could return).
    But that is not the main focus of this topic. The price fluctuations would still be happening, players would still try to sell for way too much or far too little, that is part of CC economy(if you can call it that).
  • I usually stay in my own bubble with happiness and no drama. :D

But, my opinion is mostly what @Mcwolf the Sane said.
  • Honestly I don't think nurse hat and doc mirror should be tradeable at all.

OP explains it all. Its a reward for helping someone in need. Not a means to get rich, Wish people wouldn't be so greedy.

Quick note: No I don't care about the high price for the reasons most people might think. I don't want the items not do I plan to buy them. If I have $20 to donate I'll do so, And keep the items as a reminder. They are a gift, A reward and I don't sell gifts :3
  • Pandorite said:

Honestly I don't think nurse hat and doc mirror should be tradeable at all.

OP explains it all. Its a reward for helping someone in need. Not a means to get rich, Wish people wouldn't be so greedy.

Quick note: No I don't care about the high price for the reasons most people might think. I don't want the items not do I plan to buy them. If I have $20 to donate I'll do so, And keep the items as a reminder. They are a gift, A reward and I don't sell gifts :3

People were kind enough to Donate, they're helping someone who needs the money. Does it really matter what they do with the hats sell/keep/give them away? Its not like they got them free, they can do whatever they want with the hats. Don't know why people make such a big deal about them.

• Pandorite said:

Cool idea o:
    Spiridon said:

Pandorite said:

People were kind enough to Donate, they're helping someone who needs the money. Does it really matter what they do with the hats sell/keep/give them away? Its not like they got them free, they can do whatever they want with the hats. Don't know why people make such a big deal about them.

I agree ~ they can do whatever they want with the hats - but when they purposely keep information from others to get about double the price, that's where it crosses a line.
    Complete disclosure is not an absolute requirement for buying/selling these items.
    Also.. the price of these items don't always go together with the donations that one makes.
    Why do people have to tell others where they got it or why they have it on sale.
    It's like i start a company and a complete stranger tells me how to run it!
  • scorto7 said:

Complete disclosure is not an absolute requirement for buying/selling these items.
    Also.. the price of these items don't always go together with the donations that one makes.
    Why do people have to tell others where they got it or why they have it on sale.
    It's like i start a company and a complete stranger tells me how to run it!

You have a point there. But my example in the original post was really worse~ someone banning me because they didn't want me to tell customers that it was only worth 10$ of irl money..
    and he is in his right to ban you as you were about to interfere with his sales tactics.
    We don't have to like it but that is how CC-economy works, in-game cubit prices don't have to match the original purchase value.
    I gave an example about this in a previous post(about the dragon pet).
    this comment: http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/120626/#Comment_120626
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    lol I remember the Dragon release, I had one the same day it came out and people were offering me 50k. I guess they're abusing it too xD
  • MisticallMisticall Member
    edited June 2017
    scorto7 said:

We don't have to like it but that is how CC-economy works, in-game cubit prices don't have to match the original purchase value.

I suppose you're right :/ sucks that because of the system we use, there's nothing that can be done to prevent people from completely ripping off uneducated players... like earlier someone bought piper 12354's Ramm for a dork car and a cat...

But, I think people who scam others like that really need a taste of their own medicine... I hope the same thing ends up happening to them. There's nothing we can do though except bring the bumper back '-'
  • Misticall said:

scorto7 said:

I suppose you're right :/ sucks that because of the system we use, there's nothing that can be done to prevent people from completely ripping off uneducated players... like earlier someone bought piper 12354's Ramm for a dork car and a cat...

But, I think people who scam others like that really need a taste of their own medicine... I hope the same thing ends up happening to them. There's nothing we can do though except bring the bumper back '-'
    That was edition and he actually received a warning For it. Which pretty much says to me this is not acceptable.
  • I mean, Superxtreme sells for 85k, so idk what the real price is, I sold mine for 50k, so not sure
  • First, the price of the doc or nurse hat isn't fixed, so anyone can bring out their own price. Second, u can always browsing for the game forums, its not hard to find the link, and lastly, its people's own fault for not checking, u can't really force everyone donate to get "rare" items in game, so they didn't announce it in-game I suppose.