Tips and tricks for text editing

Comments

• Scorto7 said:

@Tsu
    Don't make too much spoiler cause

Cortana said:

Note: do not add any exclamation points to the title, it will break the whole thread. Having too many spoilers within the same post might also break the thread.

yes indeed... but....

How many is too many? some number or estimation?
    @Lightosphere
    This is what i mean by 'how many spoiler?'
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    There's no number listed for a reason, all threads break with different amounts of spoilers per page depending on what else is in the thread besides that. Some break with 3, some break with 6, some break with more. It's rare to find one broken with 3-6, but when it's more they're mostly always broken. So I guess I'd advise to keep within this limit if you're going to make lists of something you sell/buy or whilst posting separate arts. And as a prevention of that in case of some very huge thread, just use as less coding as possible.
  • aight noted!
  • Thanks Cortana helped alot
  • edited September 2016
    Spoiler: Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Cortona
  • CroubictCroubict Member
    edited September 2016
    :v

• edited September 2016
    I am testing? I think

Success!!!

• Oooo. Ty Cort! OuO This helps me quite a bit! :3
  • *SnowyOwl**SnowyOwl* Member
    edited September 2016
    Hey @Cortana , I can't seem to get "Center" and "h1" working but it works everywhere else except my pixel art thread. Help?
  • OrenjiOrenji Member
    edited September 2016
    Test (It worked! yay!)
  • GollumGollum South AfricaMember, Retired Moderator

Hey @Cortana , I can't seem to get "Center" and "h1" working but it works everywhere else except my pixel art thread. Help?

Been having the same issue with the Center code, cant seem to get it working
  • edited September 2016
    Thank you so much!
    edited September 2016

I've checked your thread and it's completely broken due to overload of spoilers about which I've warned in the original post. It pretty much overrides other coding so it refuses to work as it should. Too much coding in a single post won't work out together.
  • umm i dont know how to use the code where they put (name) said: (and there text will appear) is that a code or something or do they write that and then write their text. I think this is a code because theres a darker box when they say this o.o
  • LightosphereLightosphere Member
    edited October 2016
    edited October 2016
    Please don't use codes that aren't listed as available for use by the forum users.
    DoMo-KuN said:

umm i dont know how to use the code where they put (name) said: (and there text will appear) is that a code or something or do they write that and then write their text. I think this is a code because theres a darker box when they say this o.o

Do you mean like this? You don't need any codes, just click quote on a comment of someone you want to reply to.
  • edited October 2016
    idk did I do dis right?
  • T
    Cortana said:

Please don't use codes that aren't listed as available for use by the forum users.

DoMo-KuN said:

umm i dont know how to use the code where they put (name) said: (and there text will appear) is that a code or something or do they write that and then write their text. I think this is a code because theres a darker box when they say this o.o

Do you mean like this? You don't need any codes, just click quote on a comment of someone you want to reply to.

Thx Cortana!!
  • JAXsepticeyeJAXsepticeye Member
    edited October 2016
    hi
  • edited October 2016
    Spoilers don't work for me

Woah I think this worked finally! Maybe..

Spoilers don't work for me

Woah I think this worked finally!

Please don't multi-post and use coding properly with both parts as it's shown within the main post. You used only the end and broke the whole page. It's [ spoiler ] content here [ / spoiler ] without spaces.
    eagence said:

Could you please add <.hr> if possible, I really hate to search my previous discussions to find how to do it. Thx

I guess I can add this if that'd be helpful :)
  • Yay hr... waited for quite long time anyway you can give "/" in the end of hr and img tag, like <.hr/> idk the function but.... I like to use it like that.

Yay hr... waited for quite long time anyway you can give "/" in the end of hr and img tag, like <.hr/> idk the function but.... I like to use it like that.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with coding at all, but image code that's used here doesn't require any ending, the listed code is already a full version of that certain coding. Same goes to hr. With a version of html our forum is based on, it doesn't require any coding end. The code itself is used as a break and nothing else.
  • Wow this is HELPFUL :)
  • edited October 2016
    Testing...
  • Cortana said:

I'm not sure if you're familiar with coding at all, but image code that's used here doesn't require any ending, the listed code is already a full version of that certain coding. Same goes to hr. With a version of html our forum is based on, it doesn't require any coding end. The code itself is used as a break and nothing else.

Hmm they'll work with or without that... I studied HTML about 2 years ago... and my teacher said that br, hr, img tag will work with or without "/" and I forgot what she said after that.......

Screenshot_2016-10-20-08-06-48

Screenshot_2016-10-20-08-06-39
    Screenshot_2016-10-20-08-11-53

Cortana said:

Hmm they'll work with or without that... I studied HTML about 2 years ago... and my teacher said that br, hr, img tag will work with or without "/" and I forgot what she said after that.......

Screenshot_2016-10-20-08-06-48

Screenshot_2016-10-20-08-06-39
    Screenshot_2016-10-20-08-11-53
    Ending for hr is used only in xhtml. It's not needed on our forums :P and image codes have many varieties, the one we have here is already complete.
  • IcyTamTamIcyTamTam Member
    edited October 2016
    Testing

• OrigamibotOrigamibot Member
    edited October 2016
    Cortana said:

DoMo-KuN said:

Or fabricate the quote yourself

Wait... we shouldn't do that... should we?
This discussion has been closed.