Tips and tricks for text editing

12467

Comments

  • StevilStevil Member
    edited July 2016
    < strong>test</ strong>
    You can use strong too, i think it looks the same.
    test
  • Stevil said:

    < strong>test</ strong>
    You can use strong too, i think it looks the same.
    test

    Yeah they do look the same, but strong is more recommended for technical reasons that you can google. I was just wondering because Cortana didn't list it
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumGame Moderator
    How do you 2 know that this "strong" is recommended for this forum???
    It's not what google recommend that counts, it's what this site can support that matters.
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    ^ yup. And Google isn't always correct. Many websites use the exact same coding I listed by default. That's where I'd say you have to use your knowledge of HTML and CSS, and how it works on different devices/browsers.
    Keep in mind that not everyone have new devices/browsers nor are able to even get them. Coding you're saying about isn't supported by any of the old browsers/some devices and I personally see no point in using it for regular forum posts. Guess that answers your question.
  • StevilStevil Member
    Cortana said:

    ^ yup. And Google isn't always correct. Many websites use the exact same coding I listed by default. That's where I'd say you have to use your knowledge of HTML and CSS, and how it works on different devices/browsers.
    Keep in mind that not everyone have new devices/browsers nor are able to even get them. Coding you're saying about isn't supported by any of the old browsers/some devices and I personally see no point in using it for regular forum posts. Guess that answers your question.

    Yea that makes sense.
    I'll use Bold now
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    edited July 2016
    To make it be even more understandable, I can say that strong is used mainly by people that work with HTML5, which isn't being used as the main coding by default on many sites still due to a big amount of people with outdated devices, and HTML5 is quite new as well. To make it work properly, you'd have to tie the core coding of the site itself to older versions of HTML, otherwise people with older devices won't see the proper result of your coding; it will be just broken. It's a vast amount of time and work to be put into coding something, not really worth it.

    Regular bold and italic codes are used on over 90% of sites by default for regular text posting, while strong and emphasis are mostly used in the core coding and still are linked to those regular bold and italic codes. They do the exact same job, the difference is only in where they are used and what version of HTML is in the core. I personally wouldn't recommend newest coding by thinking of technical recommendations, not Google recommendations.
  • Digibattle11Digibattle11 Member
    edited July 2016
    Spoiler: Test
    TEST
  • Cortana said:

    To make it be even more understandable, I can say that strong is used mainly by people that work with HTML5, which isn't being used as the main coding by default on many sites still due to a big amount of people with outdated devices, and HTML5 is quite new as well. To make it work properly, you'd have to tie the core coding of the site itself to older versions of HTML, otherwise people with older devices won't see the proper result of your coding; it will be just broken. It's a vast amount of time and work to be put into coding something, not really worth it.

    Regular bold and italic codes are used on over 90% of sites by default for regular text posting, while strong and emphasis are mostly used in the core coding and still are linked to those regular bold and italic codes. They do the exact same job, the difference is only in where they are used and what version of HTML is in the core. I personally wouldn't recommend newest coding by thinking of technical recommendations, not Google recommendations.

    Okay okay, don't hurt me. I don't do much Web Dev so don't blame me for trusting Google. Just a suggestion ^^
  • WildMilkWildMilk Member
    edited July 2016
    Whoo nc
  • #Elfie#Elfie Member
    hai, testing!
  • Spoiler:
    hi
    Spoiler:
  • Is this in centre? I hope it will be. I'm just testing
  • Spoiler: Hi
    Testing xD
  • -AK--AK- Member
    edited July 2016
    xD

    just testing...
    dont get annoyed! xD
  • Thanks a lot Cortana I really appreciate it :3
  • Testing
  • edited October 2016
    Spoiler: Test
    le test
  • *>Jess<**>Jess<* Member
    edited August 2016
    I wonder how many spoilers you can put in a spoiler...
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    *>Jess<* said:

    I wonder how many spoilers you can put in a spoiler...

    I don't know if you read my original post fully, so I'll leave this here:
    Note: do not add any exclamation points to the title, it will break the whole thread. Having too many spoilers within the same post might also break the thread.
  • Can I use bullets and numbering?
    (ol and ul)?
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumGame Moderator

    Can I use bullets and numbering?
    (ol and ul)?

    Only the codes that you see listed in the original post.
    Actually, you could try, but the chance of causing a glitch will increase that way.
    I do hope they will be added to the list of recognized codes. They seem useful in many ways.
  • UrazaUraza Member
    edited August 2016
    Spoiler: Wait..OH

    Oh. I edited this post so many times just to get it right Dx I'm such a failure. Doctor Who would not be proud.
  • spoiler try

    hallo xD MADE IT
  • thx it helps a a lot!!!
  • UrazaUraza Member
    edited August 2016
    I still has a problem Dx
    Spoiler:
    I still don't understand how to make the pictures show.. :(
  • StevenlolStevenlol Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi!


    It worked for the first time :D
  • Thank You ;)
  • how many spoilers can i add in one thread?
  • LightosphereLightosphere Member
    edited September 2016
    @Tsu
    Don't make too much spoiler cause
    Cortana said:


    Note: do not add any exclamation points to the title, it will break the whole thread. Having too many spoilers within the same post might also break the thread.

  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumGame Moderator

    @Tsu
    Don't make too much spoiler cause

    Cortana said:


    Note: do not add any exclamation points to the title, it will break the whole thread. Having too many spoilers within the same post might also break the thread.

    yes indeed... but....

    How many is too many? some number or estimation?
This discussion has been closed.